PDA

View Full Version : HELP! What to do when a CJ member doesn't participate? Happy Ending....

GrayFal
10-14-2005, 11:00 AM
I could use a little support here...... :confused3

One of the CJs I am coordinating with the help of another DISser had an original mail date of 9/15.
Now it is almost time for the second mailing and 1 member (A) has not mailed her CJ to the person (B) designated on the mailing list. That person B has had email correspondence with A and A has promised to mail the CJ several times - but has not...out of frustration, B has contacted me to try and intervene with A. Meanwhile, I contacted the person (C) who mailed HER CJ to A and requested she not mail ANYTHING to A until we can determine if she is going to participate.

A has not responded to my emails :badpc: and postings on the yahoo group and now C is getting worried :rolleyes1 too as A has HER CJ .....

I have A's phone number as part of the Yahoo Group info...Is it out of line to call her at this point???

I feel TERRIBLE :guilty: that this has happened but I have no controll over it....

Any and ALL suggestions welcomed :sunny:

pattyT
10-14-2005, 11:12 AM
OH NO - I hope nothing is wrong with person A-
I would definately call and make she she is all right!
I would think that everyone would have common courtesy to be open and honest and if there was an issue they would address it.
Sometimes glitches happen - maybe someone could help - if $ for shipping is now an issue or whatever! She might be embarrassed to acknowledge the problem on the boards - and if you call maybe youcould comfort her...
:grouphug:

I hope she is well and the issue is resumed...
I would skip her in the rotation so C would mail to B (I think)
and then when its all straightened out it can get bumped back to her...

GrayFal
10-14-2005, 11:15 AM
Thanks Patty....

B (who has not received the CJ) 'knows' A and has spoken to her so we know it is not a health issue - not for the whole month......

I will call.....

I did call....some health issues the past few days....but nothing about why the mailing is 3+ weeks late....should I ask the other group members what they would like me to - should we allow her continued participation?

pattyT
10-14-2005, 11:57 AM
I wouldn't panic just yet...
give her the benefit of the doubt for the moment...
she what she does, if it gets to the person the end of the week it's all good.

GrayFal
10-14-2005, 12:49 PM
I wouldn't panic just yet...
give her the benefit of the doubt for the moment...
she what she does, if it gets to the person the end of the week it's all good.Can't get to anyone as it hasn't been mailed ..... :guilty:

Disneyland_emily
10-14-2005, 01:00 PM
Call her- If ya need another phone # option let me know

I'd volunteer to do it but she has a tendincy to ignore importance when it comes from me...

I've been "involved" (as I know both A and B) for a few weeks and my gut is to kick her out as i think its the only "true" solution- Its mean but I think its one of the few thing that would sink in

Let me know if ya need help-

-em

GrayFal
10-14-2005, 01:16 PM
Call her- If ya need another phone # option let me know

I'd volunteer to do it but she has a tendincy to ignore importance when it comes from me...

I've been "involved" (as I know both A and B) for a few weeks and my gut is to kick her out as i think its the only "true" solution- Its mean but I think its one of the few thing that would sink in

Let me know if ya need help-

-em
Thank you for your reply, Em.....I prefer no names be mentioned on the thread.

I did phone her this morning after my second post....she didn't see any of this as a problem. She is ill today but this doesn't negate the fact that she hasn't mailed her own CJ out for 3 1/2 weeks after numerous contacts from B and ME!
And she got defensive when I told her I would get back to her about what to do with Cs book that she has now...

I told her I would email her with instructions....but I am leaning toward excluding her since she can't meet the groups rules of participation -
AND can't SEE that her behaviour is a problem.....

I thought this was going to be a fun, sharing, craft project :rolleyes: !

bubbasmom99
10-14-2005, 01:16 PM
Our CJ just lost a member this past month -- she never worked on any albums and in the meantime, 2 other albums had arrived at her house...

Our CJ leader finally got a hold of her and she cited personal problems -- but at least she finally got the albums mailed back out to the loop. She is no longer participating.

A few of our CJ members offered to send her money for postage, just so we could get the CJs back from her. It might be a money issue that she doesn't want to make public, or it might be something else that has taken her time. In any case, I would suggest that she be told she should remove herself from the group until she can commit fully.

Good luck and I hope you get your journals back!

GrayFal
10-14-2005, 01:30 PM
Thanks Joy, I am glad to hear that this has happened to others......

Will be contacting A via email (no more unpleasant calls for me!) and instructing her who to mail C s CJ to....and will also offer postage to get her to mail it.

GrayFal
10-20-2005, 07:11 PM
Happy Ending......

Thanks to some heavy intervention :cool1: from members of this board - The 'hostage' CJ has made it to the next participant.

Our circle can now continue......Thanks EVERYONE for your help and support :grouphug:

pattyT
10-20-2005, 08:45 PM
:cheer2: :cheer2:

Disneyland_emily
10-21-2005, 01:32 AM
:rolleyes1

Glad everything worked out :)

Till next time...

-em