PDA

View Full Version : DIS members in DC & NYC...please check in here

agnes!
09-11-2001, 02:02 PM
My family & I are all fine. We live probably 15 miles or so from the Pentagon, there is a slightly odd, maybe smoky? smell in the air. I have many friends who are military or who have family members who are military. They are waiting to hear from them. Traffic is a mess, but people are being fairly calm. I went to my DD's school & pulled her out early, her classroom is a trailer...not too secure of a situation. Spoke to "Judy Sue", she & Mike are ok, she works in downtown DC. There are 100s of people waiting to give blood in local hospitals & blood banks.
A friend's DH's plane put down in a corn field in Kansas, along with some others. He was boarding his plane at the same time that the Pa. plane terrorist was in Dulles airport. My friend's husband's plane flew out of Dulles, as did the plane that went down in Pa.
The supermarkets look like the day before a blizzard. No water, little milk, the paper necessities are getting low. Some of the highways are shut down. Some of the many bridges in and out of DC are shut down now. Other roadways are full of traffic, many office buildings let their people go home. Many local streets, even though others are choked, are eerily quiet, as if it is a Sunday.
E-mails & boards like this are the best way to keep in touch. I was able to get an e-mail to my brother in Oklahoma City, when the long distance lines were jammed.
God bless those who have lost loved ones & who are suffering. God bless our country & our leaders.

agnes!

Swamp_Fox
09-12-2001, 12:32 PM
Larry here alive and well. I saw the whole horrible thing. I still feel sick inside.

Larry

agnes!
09-12-2001, 12:50 PM
Larry - Many, many thanks for taking the time to check in. Anybody else hear from any of our other NYC DIS'ers?
Words cannot express the thoughts running through my mind or the depth & range of feelings that I have right now. Stunned, overwhelmed, shell-shocked...when news came that the Pentagon had been hit, I thought that the country might be under a full-blown assault, an attack of war. What would be next?
I am glad that my family & I are all fine, but can't help but be grieving for those who are gone & those who survived.

agnes!

TinkerKat
09-12-2001, 04:40 PM
Thank God, my family & I are fine.
Some of our friends however....
We just don't know.

Please keep our City in your prayers.
while the Country is in shock, Our Beloved City is completely
devastated.

My prayers to those in Washington as well.
The Country, the relatives... All of us!

Be Well & God Bless!
Kathy