PDA

View Full Version : adhesive for ribbon

disney funseeker
10-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Hi I am new to scrapbooking. My first project is an autograph book.

I have Scotch clear dots, Scotch double sided tape, a tape runner, and self adhesive photo tabs.

found some Princess ribbon at Wal Mart that I want to glue along the side of a page. What should I use?

Can I buy Hermafix at Michael's? Is it called Dotto, EK Success now?
When do you use a glue pen? Should I buy one?

Honeybehr1
10-12-2005, 02:28 PM
I use my Zyron machine with the ribbon. I have use my mini tape runner from CM as well.

disney funseeker
10-12-2005, 02:43 PM
can you describe a Zyron machine? what is it used for besides gluing? Is it very expensive?

piratesmate
10-12-2005, 02:55 PM
I believe the regular price for the "little X" Xyron 150 is about $10 at Mikes/ACMoore. However, I never use it in the "X". I just use the refull cartridge. I think one of the stores has the refills on sale 40% off this week.

I've not used it for ribbon unless I have something else to put through at the same time. It's too much waste for me. :( I usually put Sizzlit letters on the other side of the tape to get more out of it.

I like the smaller Sizzlit letters, but they're really tough to put down without the Xyron. I also use it for small punches like the Mickey ears & the castle. It can also be used for buttons that have a flat back.

When I don't want to use the Xyron I've used Aleene's photo glue - the liquid type, but I've seen a new type more recently.

Twigs
10-12-2005, 03:22 PM
I use glue dots to adhere ribbon to my pages. And sometimes I feed the ribbon through eyelets of an element and tape the ends to the back of the piece.

Honeybehr1
10-12-2005, 10:56 PM
can you describe a Zyron machine? what is it used for besides gluing? Is it very expensive?

It is a machine that is makes stickers, laminates or makes magnets (I dont like the quality of the magnets). You feed whatever you want in one end, crank it through and tear it off and you have a sticker. it comes in a fw different sizes.

There are 40% coupons for Micheals, ACMoore and Joannes that can be used to bring the cost down. Its been a while since I bought a refill for my big one but I think they run about 40 full price. I have a small pocket one for about 10 that I use alot for diecut letters

I love my Zyron.

tubachick
10-12-2005, 11:46 PM
I mostly use my Xyron machine, but sometimes I use wondertape (I think that is what it is called--the pink tape that is super sticky)

christinadei
10-13-2005, 08:10 AM
I usually use glue dots, they work great!

heather31
10-13-2005, 09:24 PM
Glue dots company makes an awesome product called glue lines. They are just like glue dots, but, they come in either one inch lines or a continuous line that you cut what you need. Either is perfect for ribbon.

Beanie
10-14-2005, 07:26 AM
I use my tape runner, it seems to work best for me, unless it is "see through" ribbon, then I use my Xyron. :)

Marypoppinsiam
10-14-2005, 11:30 AM
I use this great stuff called Terrifically Tacky Tape by Art Accentz. I bought it at michaels for 1.50. It is the best stuff to use for ribbon. I use a lot of ribbon in my Scrapbooks and this stuff is the best I have found. The key to using it though once you put it down on your paper, it will not come up very easily, so just know exactly where you are placing your ribbon. I have scrapbooks that are 5 years old and the ribbon to this day is still in place.

disney funseeker
10-14-2005, 11:41 AM
thanks for all your replies. I will bring a list of your suggestions and take a look at what Michael's has next time I go there.
In the meantime, I've signed up for a beginner scrapbook class.