PDA

View Full Version : inexpensive Christmas gifts

Vickie46
10-12-2005, 01:05 PM
Hi..

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for inexpensive gifts for like Sunday School teachers.. mail man etc.. neighbors??

I saw like a glass jar filled with stuff.. but I am wondering what else can be put in it??'

Any ideas....

Thanks.. ::MickeyMo

WDWMom
10-12-2005, 01:51 PM
I bought hot chocolate packets - Land O Lakes - at Sams CLub. There are 8 boxes of 8 flavors. I thought of putting one of each and wrapping in a ribbons for gifts like you mentioned. I bought tea also with the same idea.

ksjayhawks
10-12-2005, 06:52 PM
I do cookie mix, brownie mix, bread mix, cocoa or tea in quart jars every year. They go over real well! :flower:

DVCajun
10-12-2005, 10:02 PM
Flat marble magnets are super easy and so cool to receive as gifts. You can alter an Altoid tin to use as a "gift box.

MissBubbles
10-13-2005, 11:45 AM
One of the ladies I work with brings in a sheet of nuts & snack mix that the Boy Scouts sell (her nephew). A bag of deluxe mixed nuts, with no peanuts, is around $6.00. I just buy a cute tin at the dollar store and get that for my mail person, trash man, etc.

I figure I'm helping the Scouts and giving something other than candy.

CathrynRose
10-13-2005, 12:29 PM
Hi..

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for inexpensive gifts for like Sunday School teachers.. mail man etc.. neighbors??

I saw like a glass jar filled with stuff.. but I am wondering what else can be put in it??'

Any ideas....

Thanks.. ::MickeyMo

Have you checked out Oriental Trading Company (online) ??? You can get some nifty stuff - cheap and in bulk.... :earsboy:

MerryPoppins
10-13-2005, 06:00 PM
If you want to make jar mixes, take a look at www.recipegoldmine.com . They have a whole section on jar mixes. Everything from soups to hot chocolate. My daughter and I make a different batch every year for neighbors and friends. It's easy because you do a whole bunch assembly line style.