PDA

View Full Version : Need help, point me in the right direction!!

akamom
10-11-2005, 11:41 AM
Please? :D My husband and I are throwing around the idea of renewing our voes in Disney. We had a rushed wedding the first time around, and it wasn't what we really wanted, but because of time restraints, it's what we could do. So we started talking about it, and we're not sure how to get all the info we need. So could someone post some links or info that could help me? It would be great! Thanks!

fun2bmomof3
10-11-2005, 12:25 PM
www.disneywedding.go.com is Disney's wedding site.

a good source of info is www. yourfairytale.com

you can get a call from disney weddings through a link on the web site and they can start answering your questions

We're also planning a vow renewal for our 10 year next year.

Crissy

akamom
10-11-2005, 03:39 PM
Thank you so much!

CindeBella
10-28-2005, 10:13 AM
Hi,
we are just set our date for our 10 year renewals for next May at the Polynesian.
Disney's renewal is $2450.00. It includes the ceremony, cake, champagne, bouquet, boutonniere, 4 hour limo, flutist, wedding page and 20 photos in an album. You can also add extras.

Good luck!

princessblueeyzes
10-28-2005, 09:31 PM
That's great!!!! :cool1:

Janet2k
10-28-2005, 09:47 PM
My husband and I celebrated 20 years last October with a custom vow renewal (Wedding Pavilion & Disney-MGM Studios Theme Park). If you want to read our story, I have two threads on the Trip Reports board here on the Dis website. I go into great detail in those trip reports (especially the Planning Session one). By the way, neither trip report is finished yet (and do I ever feel guilty about that, ~yikes~!)

I hope that helps. We had the most magical vow renewal. Disney did a lovely, lovely job with it.

By the way, congratulations on your upcoming anniversary. Have fun planning it!

CindeBella
10-29-2005, 03:29 PM
Thanks Janet and congratulation on your 20 yr anniversary! I would love to read your trip reports.
What type of event was at the MGM?

Janet2k
10-29-2005, 08:56 PM
I would love to read your trip reports. What type of event was at the MGM?

CindeBella, I just posted the links in your thread but will post them here, too. To read about the planning of my custom vow renewal, click here (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=634041). And to read about my actual vow renewal, click here (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=676648). Note: Neither of those two trip reports are finished yet.

My husband and I had an evening ceremony inside the Wedding Pavilion. It was simple and understated. We followed that with a fun dinner party that was held after-hours inside the Disney-MGM Studios Theme Park. Our evening began with a Handprint Ceremony in front of the Great Movie Ride. It then moved inside for drinks & appetizers inside the Gangster Area. Dinner was held inside the Western Area, followed by desserts inside the Land of Oz Area. Then everyone moved outdoors for dancing beneath the Sorcerer's Hat icon in the moonlight. Our evening ended with a custom fireworks display that was set to music just for us. It was the most magical way to celebrate 20 years of marriage. Disney truly did a beautiful job with everything.

CindeBella
10-29-2005, 09:13 PM
Hi Janet,
I read your email later that explained all of your renewal festivities and photos ::MickeyMo It was so beautiful! I would LOVE to do that for our 20th. Did you have many friends and family? I'm not sure how many we could get to travel to Disney for the event.

I've thought about going on boat and watching the firework display if it wasn't too late for my daughter to stay up. With having such a busy day, she may not be able to stay awake long enough :earboy2: We girls need our beauty sleep. lol.

Thanks again!!

Janet2k
10-29-2005, 10:41 PM
Did you have many friends and family? I'm not sure how many we could get to travel to Disney for the event.

I've thought about going on boat and watching the firework display if it wasn't too late for my daughter to stay up. With having such a busy day, she may not be able to stay awake long enough.

CindeBella, we had 22 people at our vow renewal. It was the perfect size, especially for the venue that we chose. When I finally get around to posting photos of the dinner that was held on the Western Area of the "Great Movie Ride," you'll see how intimate it was. I remember stating to my friend who sat next to me at dinner that I couldn't get over how perfect our party's size was for that venue. It was amazing how comfortable and at home we all felt.

I think the fireworks cruise would be a lovely way to end your day. If you book the Grand 1 yacht, there are a couple of bedrooms on it. If your daughter was tired, she could nap on one of the beds while the rest of your party stood on deck to watch the fireworks. Definitely consider booking that yacht. It looks lovely in the photographs that I have seen of it.

CindeBella
10-30-2005, 04:17 PM
Thanks Janet! You are the Disney expert :)

joshua121301
10-30-2005, 04:46 PM
This sounds like a great idea. My DW and I are supposed to be remarried every five years. We had our first renewal last October and it took 1 1/2 years of planning and $65K. I ready made program would be great!!