PDA

View Full Version : Help!!


Gary_Flower
10-11-2005, 10:54 AM
Hereís one for all of you on this board.
I know my DW2B will probably read this, as were both Disney nuts.
We live in England and have found out that my aunt (who we both really want to come) may not be able to fly long hall.
If this is the case, we face the decision either to carry on with the wedding without her or not go ahead with our dream wedding.
I know that for your wedding itís your day and you canít really go for second best (thatís how I feel anyways)
I love her so much and I know it would break her and my heart if we had to cancel.
But what would you do? Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!!

janine
10-11-2005, 11:04 AM
I am sure your Aunt would fully understand if you kept your plans. I am sure she would not hear it any other way. It may probably upset her more if you were to stay and plan a differemt wedding.
You sound a lovely thoughtful person, and I am sure your aunt knows you love her so much too.
good luck with your plans
Janine

ohanafamily
10-11-2005, 11:25 AM
Difficult Choice. A few questions that might help shape your answer...

Would your Aunt be upset if you changed your plans because of her frailty?
(IOW, I agree with Janine)

-> if she were to brave the flight, would it make sence to have a US DR. look at her medical problems... I have a good friend whos MUM lost her leg because the hospital didn't have the facilities to adequately heal her. He had to bring her to the US for treatment...

-> How many Guests are planning to come, and how put out will they be if you cancel?

-> is there a possibility of an Ocean crossing Cruise for her?

-> would she be OK with a special reception for her back in England?

Not knowing how ill she is, you can always do a Civil wedding in Hospital if it is that important, and have the religious ceremony Stateside at WDW.
-> if you decide to go as planned, I would at least call her after the ceremony, even possibly have a friend call her and hold up a cell phone during the service so she can hear it live.

-> Definately Video tape it...

:jumping2:

kegafford
10-11-2005, 11:28 AM
I agree with ohana family. THoses are great opions:)

Gary_Flower
10-11-2005, 02:05 PM
Would your Aunt be upset if you changed your plans because of her frailty?
(IOW, I agree with Janine)

Im not sure how she would feel. need to ask her really.

-> if she were to brave the flight, would it make sence to have a US DR. look at her medical problems... I have a good friend whos MUM lost her leg because the hospital didn't have the facilities to adequately heal her. He had to bring her to the US for treatment...

If she canít she cant fly long hall at all, it would be to dangerous.

-> How many Guests are planning to come, and how put out will they be if you cancel?

There are 30 and alot of the would be so upset.

-> is there a possibility of an Ocean crossing Cruise for her?

Ocean crossing would take 7 days to New York, but it stops in Nov when we want a Dec wedding.

-> would she be OK with a special reception for her back in England?

Maybe, again I would have to ask.

-> Definitely Video tape it...

We would be anyways.

Thanks for all your help.
Please keep it coming.

MApigletfan
10-11-2005, 03:15 PM
Along with video taping and calling her on a cell phone I read somewhere of a ceremony (rose maybe) that you can recognize someone special to you that could not be at the wedding (wether could not make it there or deceased). If you did this then video taped it she can see that she was a part of the ceremony and there in spirit if not in body.

twojo21
10-11-2005, 04:14 PM
i would continue with your plans. youll always have photos & video to share when you return.

ohanafamily
10-11-2005, 05:37 PM
Gary_Flower, I guess the 30 people who are also guests would be the reason to keep the plans for me. I guess My best advice would be to sit down with her and talk. She will probably tell you to have the wedding of your dreams, and it is always possible her hwalth will improve.....

PD and good luck!!

:jumping2:

Gary_Flower
10-12-2005, 03:11 AM
Thank you for all your replys.
I have only been back from my site visit a week and have felt like everything was falling apart before it had began.
Hopefully things will all work out and my thinking now is to still go ahead.
When im very close to her its just made things harder.
thank you all again.
If anyone has anything else they think would help or ideas please keep them coming.

ohanafamily
10-17-2005, 05:05 PM
Hi Gary, I am curious if you have talked to your aunt yet???

:jumping2:

Gary_Flower
10-18-2005, 03:12 AM
hi,
Yeah i have talked to her and she has said that she would be happy (for us, she would be sad that she could come) if we went ahead.
We have also been researching her conditiona and there might be ways that she could fly. So were keeping our fingers crossed for when she finds out Nov 11th.
I just wanta know now lol, we need to book it dec 5th.
Lets just hope :) !!

ohanafamily
10-18-2005, 08:26 AM
Gary, Might I inquire as to her condition? If you don't want to post it openly I do respond to PMs. With the anonymity of the internet it would be hard to track wgo she really is, and you may get some iuseful info...


If her condition requires Oxygen, most carriers won't take her.
You might also invite her Dr...If he flew with her, she might be able to book a flight...

PD to you all...
:jumping2:

Gary_Flower
10-18-2005, 08:36 AM
Thats fine.
Its not a condition that requires oxygen.
she has Incompetent veins in her legs and her blood flow in her legs is erratic.
This means that she might be more open to DVT.
We are hoping that she can take something that would thin the blood so clotting wont be a problem. We have research about it and found things that could help her, now we are just waiting to see what the specialist thinks.
fingers crossed so we dont have to make the big decision.

ohanafamily
10-18-2005, 09:08 AM
I'm not a Doctor, but I think Plavix (sp?) is a medication used for this.

Her problem sounds similar to what my friend's MUM (she lives in Sandwich) had. She needed a special machine to massage the leg and keep up the blood flow. The hospital had only one (old one) and it kept breaking down. Eventually it totally broke, the hospital could not afford to buy another one, her leg got infected and they wound up amputating her leg. This all stemmed from an incompetant Dr. screwing up a surgery on her leg. Take good care of her and watch jer every step of the way. British medicine may be free, but it is a lot more limitted. If you can get her into the states, and can afford it, you might considder having a US Specialist look at her...

Sorry to be such a downer, esp since it probably took a few years for you to get in to a specialist. I am sure she is in the best care possible.....I just know of a few bad experiences with the medicine over there...

:jumping2:

Gary_Flower
10-18-2005, 09:28 AM
Thank you for your advice and help.
Lucky my aunts situation isnt as bad as that.
Shes fine, like normail but because of he vains she has to be more careful flying long haul. hopefully she be able to and our wedding with be parfect.

ohanafamily
10-18-2005, 09:32 AM
My fingers are crossed, and I am sending all the Pixie Dust I can...


:jumping2:

Gary_Flower
10-18-2005, 09:36 AM
Ill let you know what happens.