PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic, I am sorry

Humpbacks1962
09-11-2001, 11:45 AM
I ask for permission to express and share my concern with all of you about my aunt who works at the pentagon. We still have not heard anything. Please save some good wishes and thoughts for us.

Wanda

~Kathie
09-11-2001, 11:47 AM
Prayers and Pixiedust coming to you and your family.

Goober
09-11-2001, 12:00 PM
Wanda,
My prayers are with you and that you will be hearing from your aunt soon.
Kim

Luv2Roam
09-11-2001, 12:21 PM
You both will be in our thoughts and prayers.
{{{ }}}

Sorcerer
09-11-2001, 01:22 PM
You'll be in our thoughts and prayers as well. My church is having a special mass tonight which I plan to attend - I'll keep your aunt in mind.

Cherry
09-11-2001, 01:28 PM
I also will be praying for your aunt's safety and that you will hear from her very soon.

goofymom/pop
09-11-2001, 01:36 PM
Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers...hold tight to the thought that she is ok and may God Bless her now as she braves this battle.

cindy

MeanLaureen
09-11-2001, 02:01 PM
Wanda,
My prayers are with you and your family. Please keep us updated

snowgooseltd
09-11-2001, 02:05 PM
Wanda...please take comfort in knowing that all your fellow DISers are keeping you and your family in their thoughts and prayers. God will comfort you, have faith in Him.

Humpbacks1962
09-11-2001, 02:12 PM
Thank you all, I have been touched by your compassion and empathy. I am not one to post my personal problems, but I was pretty scared this morning. I appreciate your support and the opportunity that you gave me to vent my concerns. This is humbling, and you bet I look forward to giving back the support you gave me.

Good news, my aunt was able to get out OK, and is now at her home in West Virginia. I can't tell you how numbed, enraged and scared I felt. Well, at least this one is a happy ending to report.

Now that my children are getting ready to come home from school within the hour, my heart goes out to those who will return home from school today and won't find their parents. Such a sad tragedy!

Once again, thank you so much for being here.

Wanda

Goober
09-11-2001, 02:34 PM
Wanda,
I'm so glad your your aunt is alright. I'll be praying for those who have lost loved ones and friends on this day.
Kim

Mickey527
09-11-2001, 06:02 PM
Wanda,
I am so glad to hear your aunt is not injured physically. But make sure she is well mentally too, talk to her. Everyone involved will need alot of support and support.
My neighbor for many years, who has moved to New Jersey works in the towers, along with his wife. Luckily he was on route to BOston when the attack occurred. Because he is in charge of the Airports in New York he had to rush back to the airport. His wife called out sick today. God was with them, I hope he is with many more.
My nephew who is in the Navy,left today along with many other young men to protect the New York coastline. they are sending two ships to the area. Let's pray for them as well as any other servicemen who will be called upon in the next weeks, or months to protect us from this ever happening again. Peggie

snowgooseltd
09-11-2001, 06:04 PM
Wanda...all the extra prayers and good thoughts came through for you and your family. Hopefully this will be repeated many times over in the coming days.

GotAnyPins
09-11-2001, 06:16 PM
After watching this all day, in disbelief...and praying for the families that must be in shock tonight
It is heartwarming to hear of family member that is safe.....

While we thank God tonight for keeping Wanda's aunt safe, we also have to pray for all the other families
who are still hoping against hope.....

This can only make us stronger..

Brer-Rabbit
09-11-2001, 08:17 PM
Glad your aunt is safe!

BouncyTigger
09-11-2001, 11:24 PM
Thank God she is ok!

disfan55
09-12-2001, 06:04 AM
I am glad to hear your Aunt is safe...Take care...Pam

JudithM
09-12-2001, 08:20 AM
Our thoughts & prayers go out to all of us who waited yesterday or continue to wait to hear about loved ones. Glad your Aunt is ok. God Bless America.