PDA

View Full Version : Sizzix Alpha Fun Serif...

sweet maxine
10-10-2005, 09:52 AM
Where's the cheapest place to get this? I would really like to have one, as the only alphas I have are Sizzlets. I don't have any way to get a Michaels coupon (live 2 hrs away, and no coupons placed in our paper here). Anyone know of another place cheap to find this?

sweet maxine
10-10-2005, 10:56 AM
Okay, another question...

I found the individual letters on the dollar sale at Creative Express. For around $42 I can get all the ones they have in stock, but will not get a D, H, I, J, O, or S. Anyone think I can find these anywhere else, as this price is pretty tough to beat compared to the price of the whole alpha (upper case).?

ilovedale3
10-10-2005, 11:36 AM
I have bought almost all of my Sizzix alphas (including the Fun Serif) through eBay. They have all been brand-new, still in the box and I have paid around $50 for the whole alphabet.

sweet maxine
10-10-2005, 11:40 AM
About how much did you pay for shipping? I just called Sizzix, and they do have the other letters, but they're 7.99 each. That won't end up being much of a deal for me I guess. I haven't ever bought anything (or sold for that matter) on e-bay. Is it pretty safe?

sweet maxine
10-10-2005, 04:29 PM
Okay, I'm still thinking about this....

I have figured that I can get the upper and lower case shipped to me (minus 7 letters which are not listed) for about $100. I could always use the lower case of the letters I guess in a pinch. If I order $100 from Creative Express, do I get free shipping?

ilovedale3
10-10-2005, 09:30 PM
About how much did you pay for shipping? I just called Sizzix, and they do have the other letters, but they're 7.99 each. That won't end up being much of a deal for me I guess. I haven't ever bought anything (or sold for that matter) on e-bay. Is it pretty safe?

I just looked it up and I paid $65.00 (which included shipping and handling) when I bought my Fun Serif alphabet on eBay... MUCH CHEAPER than ordering from anywhere else.

I also ordered three other Sizzix alphabets (2 Sizzix and one Sizzlet alphabet) from another person on eBay and paid $170 total (that included shipping and handling). You won't get three alphabets for $170 anywhere other than eBay!

I buy and sell all of the time on eBay. As long as you deal with a seller who has positive feedback and no complaints, things should go smoothly. I know that there can be some crooks our there, but so far I have dealt with really good people on eBay.

ilovedale3
10-10-2005, 09:35 PM
Okay, I'm still thinking about this....

I have figured that I can get the upper and lower case shipped to me (minus 7 letters which are not listed) for about $100. I could always use the lower case of the letters I guess in a pinch. If I order $100 from Creative Express, do I get free shipping?

I just looked at Creative Xpress. Right now they have a 30% off code for all Sizzix stuff (30SPOOKY), but even with the code, the Fun Serif alphabet is still $128.61 and S&H is $13.00.

ilovedale3
10-10-2005, 09:37 PM
For around $42 I can get all the ones they have in stock, but will not get a D, H, I, J, O, or S.

But think about how much you use those letters, especially D, I, O, and S? Do you really want to use lower case for all of those? :confused3

sweet maxine
10-12-2005, 09:02 AM
How difficult is it to win on E-bay? I'm still mulling it over about the ones ordered individually...