PDA

View Full Version : *HELP*confused about room blocks

2BWEDDNDIS
10-09-2005, 06:14 PM
I am still so confused?? I need to have my room block information to Heidi by tomorrow. I know what my minimum number of nights I need are, but is there a max number of nights we can reserve? I also am confused about how to fill in the block. If i were to arrive on june 1st and leave june 3rd, would i write 1 for 6/1, 1 for 6/2, and 1 for 6/3, or leave the 3rd blank because i wouldnt be staying that night?! if anyone thinks they understand any of my nonsense please help me!! thanks so much

hmgolden
10-09-2005, 06:39 PM
Your SM should have given you the max number of rooms you can reserve. We had to guarantee 75, and could reserve 90 in our room block.

You should fill out the room block with your best guess of how many rooms and nights you'll need at the resorts. The generally sugggest you block rooms at one deluxe, one moderate and one value, but the breakdown is totally up to you. The dates are by night, so you would need a room the night of 6/1 and 6/2, and not 6/3 as you would check out that day. Does that make sense?

mindystar
10-09-2005, 10:01 PM
Okay so if she has a fifty room block and it says that they can hold up to 20% more rooms, then it would be 60 nights. So does that mean that only 60 nights worth of rooms get a discount and others have to go with the regular rate, unless they can get some other type of discount?
TIA!

hmgolden
10-09-2005, 10:05 PM
Okay so if she has a fifty room block and it says that they can hold up to 20% more rooms, then it would be 60 nights. So does that mean that only 60 nights worth of rooms get a discount and others have to go with the regular rate, unless they can get some other type of discount?
TIA!

As long as there is still availability at the hotel your guests will be able to get the discounted rate even if the rooms you have blocked are sold out. If the resort is sold out, then your guests may be out of luck, unless they can find another discount at another hotel. Their room will still count towards your requirement, even if not booked through your room block.

JonetteA
10-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Your other option is to try and start a group rate with a travel agent. I know that this sounds goofy, but this may be something that we look at.

2BWEDDNDIS
10-09-2005, 10:19 PM
Heidi wrote saying if you want to increase the amount of rooms in the block you will also need to increase your guarantee. We want to stay at the 10,000 mark so if we are to just block out 60, we can stay with the 10,000 mark even if more want to stay longer (if there is still availabilty) without going over?! thats great news!! thanks