PDA

View Full Version : Where can you have a semi-private dinner for an intimate reception?

FutureAshleyDukes
10-08-2005, 12:25 PM
Hi everyone!

DH2B and I have decided to go with the intimate package instead of a custom. His family is having some issues with us still wanting a Disney wedding and most of them will not be going to our wedding. At least that's what their saying now. :rolleyes:

We are hoping at least to move up our date, and I was wondering if there were any private or semi-private rooms at any of the Disney resorts that we could rent out or have our dinner at. I know that Victoria and Alberts has a room, but DH2B is a REALLY picky eater, and I just don't think that will float his boat.

We are going to have our ceremony at the Pavilion, and will be staying at the Grand Floridian for our honeymoon if that helps with ideas.

Thanks in advance!

Ashley

Aurora63
10-08-2005, 02:25 PM
Besides the private room at V&A's, Citrico's also has a private room, which is smaller (seats about 8-10, I believe.) The food and bev. minimum was around $700, last time I checked.

twojo21
10-08-2005, 03:01 PM
narcossees at the grand floridian has a private room that seats 14, regular menu.

summerhouse outside at the grand floridian menu through gf private dining or convention.

garden view lounge at the grand floridian in the morning 8am-1pm $500 or after 8pm $1000 minimum.

sonoma room at the california grill, contemporary 30 guests $1000 minimum for events ending before 5, after the minimum is $2000.

there is a private room at palio's at the swan.

jiko at the animal kingdom lodge has a private room $2500 minimum.

the attic at the boardwalk $2500 minimum.

uk lower terrace at epcot but you couldnt wear your dress as an intimate.

rainforest cafe at dtd has a private room, i know theres minimums though. thats where our welcome dinner is for 64, costing about $2200.

you could also just do a dinner at one of the resort restaurants but not in a private room others have done this at the yachtsman steakhouse, whispering canyon cafe, 1900 park fare, ohanas, etc. most restaurants will try to put you off to a corner & some will allow a selected menu with no prices listed.

you can view most of the menus here http://allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm#res

best of luck ashley, glad to hear youll finally be walking down the aisle.

FutureAshleyDukes
10-08-2005, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the replies so far. I didn't know Narcossees had a private dining room. I was thinking I'd probably have to do Citrico's but at least I know my options now.

Thanks girls!
Ashley

Tinkerbelle14
10-09-2005, 10:06 AM
Hi Ashley! I'm just wanted to say how great it is that you are planning a wedding again and how happy I am for you. I know you've been through a lot, so I'm glad you can enjoy planning a wedding again!

FutureAshleyDukes
10-09-2005, 10:19 AM
Hi Ashley! I'm just wanted to say how great it is that you are planning a wedding again and how happy I am for you. I know you've been through a lot, so I'm glad you can enjoy planning a wedding again!

Thank you so much, that is so sweet of you to say. I'm happy to be planning again too. :goodvibes

Tinkerbelle14
10-09-2005, 10:26 AM
No problem. I know you are a younger couple (like my fiance and I) and it's great to have all the support you can get!