10-08-2005, 12:48 PM
My DD is coming to visit for 4 days. She has become a total vegetarian - although she does eat eggs and dairy. I can't believe she is my child - I grew up eating meat 3 times a day. If you can spare the time, I would really appreciate some good vegetarian recipes. Thanks. I have already thought about potato pancakes and maybe eggplant parmesan.
10-08-2005, 05:18 PM
Eggplant parm is one of my favs. Do you stir fry? That's been an easy way for me to eat healthy. I'll do an Asian stir-fry with things like Bell peppers, Chayote, bean sprouts, snow peas, carrots, celery, etc.
1. Chop Veggies
2. Dice garlic, ginger, shallots
3. Heat pan to high temp.
4. 3T canola oil in pan.
5. Throw in ginger, garlic, shallots for 5 secs
6. Throw in veggies in order of needed cooking time (carrots before celery, peas or sprouts last).
7. Add Soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce, Veg Stir fry sauce, sesame oil, or whatever.
8. serve over noodles or rice.
Veg Fried rice.
1. cook rice.
2. Chop veggies.
3. Heat large pan with oil of choice (neutral flavor oil like canola or veg)
4. Throw in rice, allow to cook some. (maybe 2-3 min)
5. add pepper and soy sauce to taste.
6. Add veggies according to needed cooking time.
7. Crack an egg in the pan, mix in. Cook until egg sets.
This was a recipe of mine that I tried to sell to my chef, but he said it was too powerful. (the chutney I made was a little spicy).
Merliton is also known as Chayote or Aligator Pear.
1. Slice merliton about 1/2in. thick.
2. Grill on BBQ or just saute slices in a pan.
3. Spread chutney or jelly on bread. I used spciy mango chutney, but use what you will.
4. Melt cheese of choice over the merliton in toaster.
5. Top with lettuce, tomato, sprouts, whatever.
6. Salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.