PDA

View Full Version : OMG, I don't have tv or cable or dish or anything but

pintrader
09-11-2001, 08:49 AM
a board member just called me to tell me what you all are watching on tv... Michael and Judy Sue just returned to work in Wash DC today after being at Disneyana all week. Who else on our board lives or works in that area, where all the planes are crashing?

jojo_ct
09-11-2001, 09:12 AM
It's more than DC, where the Pentagon was hit. Both World Trade Center Towers have been hit. The one just collapsed. The toll in NYC will be unbelievable.

Obi-Wan Pinobi
09-11-2001, 09:17 AM
A couple of our DIS moderators are in the midst of all this ---

Snoopy lives in DC and her husband is a Secret Service agent on the White House detail ....

JayPD is with the NYPD in Manhattan.

Our thoughts and prayers are with them.

Goober
09-11-2001, 09:25 AM
They have stopped all air traffic in the United States. Many people were in the area when the tower collapsed. My thoughts and prayers are also with every one on this awful day.
I've also just heard that a car bomb has gone off outside of the state department and another hijacking of a plane has occurred and is headed for the pentagon.
What is going on..........
Kim

KAP
09-11-2001, 10:43 AM
I'm in Rockville MD and things are very crazy right now.

Dom13
09-11-2001, 10:45 AM
Both Towers have COLLAPSED!!! A plane has crashed into the Penatagon. Another has crashed outside Pittsburgh. American has confirmed a flight, #11, from Boston to San Fran. is "missing", most likey the first crash an #77 is also "missing". United has said one of theirs is also missing.

JudySue
09-11-2001, 02:01 PM
The State Department car bomb scare was just a rumor. The Capitel buildings have been evacuated, sharp shooters are around the Washington Monument and on the White House roof, traffic is a complete mess (2.5 hours for what should be a 20 munite trip home from work. All airports in the US and Canada are closed, only military and hospital aircraft are in the sky. There's no panic. People are showing up in droves at the blood bankes It's time for prayer. If you're in or near NY or DC - please check in.

Figgy
09-11-2001, 03:06 PM
The total is 4 planes down. American in first tower United are the other 3. In our search for understanding know that each person is the perfect child of God and that not for one minute can they be seperated from his Love. God is Life. My prayers are with out nation and the world.

pintrader
09-11-2001, 07:46 PM
Since I didn't have any means of communications, well I mean cable dish or just plain network tv. I spent the day volunteering at the Red Cross. All I can suggest is please donate blood. Your donation is used whereever it is needed most and right now that is in and around NY. Don't forget that it takes money to feed those volunteers and give them drinks after talking for hours telling a new person the same thing you have told 750 people before. So if ya have $5 donate it to them.
Thanks for keeping me posted.
Kathryn