PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for "guest book"?

SetzKitten
10-07-2005, 12:14 PM
I don't really want to have a guest book at my wedding because I'm having an intimate and it seems kind of silly to have one with so few people attending. But I do want something that the guests can sign or put their thoughts on. When I was a kid, on my birthday, my mum would buy me a furless stuffed animal and everyone at my party would sign it with a marker. I had one for every year and they were awesome remembrances. I don't want a stuffed animal, but I want something along the same line, you know what I mean?? Any creative ideas?

hmgolden
10-07-2005, 12:19 PM
I think this (http://www.findgift.com/gift-ideas/pid-41590/) is a cute idea. I have seen others that have a wedding related decoration on them too.

Davids-Coco
10-07-2005, 12:30 PM
These are really neat - www.guestbookstore.com

I had them and they are so much fun to read. Everyone took time and thought. They sound like they may be what you are looking for.

karentan
10-07-2005, 12:30 PM
i know you can get these in the uk but sure somewhere in the US would do it too
we're getting a signing plate, you can chose the size, your guests sign it with pencil then you send it back and they paint over it and glaze it then send it back to you.
you can display them on the wall instead of having a book that'll probably end up in a cupboard somewhere. it differs slightly than the one hmgolden suggested. you get your choice of design on it. here's the uk website but i'm sure you can google it for an american company that does them too.
http://www.allfiredupceramics.co.uk/signing_plates.htm

hope it helps!

RangerPooh
10-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Our guests signed a matted frame that surrounds our engagement picture. At one wedding that I attened the couple had a plateto sign that had their name and wedding date on it. You could draw a picture of Mickey on it? There is alo the option of passing around a scrapbook an camera where the guests take a picture of themselves and write a congratulatory note or wish. Then when you return you develop the filma nd cut/paste their picture onto it. Another idea is wish-bowl wishes from your guests. You can later scrapbook this.

*DisneyBride*
10-07-2005, 01:22 PM
You could always ask your guest to sign pre-postaged post card from Disney. This way, a week after you get home you'll still be receiving their weill wishes. Insert them into a photo album that allows you to see both sides.

JoD
10-07-2005, 01:37 PM
I had the dinner plate for our guest to sign. We had a dinner plate and Mickey and Minnie in their bridal attire painted in the middle of it and everyone signed around them. It is so nice and then you fire it in the oven and it glazes it so you can use it as a serving plate.

HebeJebe
10-07-2005, 01:53 PM
I bought one of those Polaroid iZone cameras - the ones with the sticky film. It was the hit of my reception. I made a sign requesting people take a picture of themselves and then write a little note next to their picture. I had way too much film but we somehow used it all. I have them in the back of the book and wrote in captions.

Luvndisney
10-07-2005, 04:00 PM
I like the idea of the matted frame that you can place a picture in after the wedding. This is someting useful and small enough for a small number of people. You could also use a disney print and have people sign the outside of the matte around in - that's what I plan to do!

twojo21
10-07-2005, 04:14 PM
signature frame
guest signature platter or plate
a photo quilt with fabric pen, my aunt did this for our engagement party
stuffed animal with shirt to write on with fabric pen
a photo album where guests can sign around the pictures

Moonbeams
10-08-2005, 12:29 AM
You could always ask your guest to sign pre-postaged post card from Disney. This way, a week after you get home you'll still be receiving their weill wishes. Insert them into a photo album that allows you to see both sides.

I plan to do this with postcards of the DCL and Castaway Cay for our Castaway Cay wedding in 2006. That way, the guests have something to do at the reception while we are taking pictures on the island. Then we'll mail the postcards from Castaway Cay before we sail away that afternoon, and then we'll look forward to wedding magic continuing a week later when we receive the postcards in the mail (with their special Bahamian stamps)!

Jennnifer

JohnsPrincess
10-09-2005, 04:55 AM
If you're getting married at Disney:
Autograph book!
They even have the 50th Anniversary ones if you are getting married during the celebrations. :sunny:

grover
10-09-2005, 10:31 AM
I used a signature frame, at the reception I had typed up a few words to place in where the photo goes...once we had our photos developed I placed a group photo that our photograhper took..this way we had a pic of everyone and their signatures...very nice!