PDA

View Full Version : jounral jars - any advice?

ljb9539
10-07-2005, 10:01 AM
I have seen many journal jars on different sites and we are about to venture into the fun of them.

We are planning on doing these as the craft project at my cousins birthday party - each little girl will be given a composition note book and be invited to decorate their book how they want... then each will be given a glue stick, a gel pen, and an already completed journal jar to take home with them...

Does anyone have any advice on how to make sure their comp note books hold the paper and stickers... I was thinking modg podge wouldbe a good idea b/c then we could seal evernything they glued down onthe books.

I am also planning on making some for chrismtas for a fer coworkers - so any advice would be welcome.

Thanks all
Laura

mla973
10-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Maybe you could post a photo link of one of them so we could get a better idea??? I have never heard of them before.

JudithM
10-07-2005, 08:03 PM
What is a journal jar? I can only begin to imagine that it is something else that can be altered :)!

we3disneygo
10-08-2005, 03:20 PM
please post more info. and a pic, I've never heard of this but it sounds like fun!! :banana: :confused3

ljb9539
10-08-2005, 09:28 PM
Here is a link to one I found on two peas. NOt one I did - just a sample of one...

http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=398616

What you do it take a jar (like a ball canning jar) and will it with slips of paper - each containing a journal question - example - What is your greatest achievement? Where do you see yourself in 5 year? etc... (Each slip with a different question.

Then - you create a journal to go with the jar (I plan to alter comp notebooks - that is the part that is hardest for me having never done something like that.)

You give the jar and journal to someone and they are told to take on question a day (or week) out of the jar - paste it in the journal - and then journal their response. In the end they will have written many answers to questions about their life that they might have never journaled before.

I want to finsih one this week as a sample to see how it works best - but I do have to do my circle journal entry also... so if I finish the journal jar I will post photos here.

Since posting here I ahve found a lot of questions on the internet if anyone decides to do some themselves :) PM me and I will email you the files.

Hugs
Laura

Has anyone ever altered comp notebooks? Did you use

JudithM
10-08-2005, 09:48 PM
Laura, thanks for the link - what a clever idea!

New England Eeyore
10-09-2005, 11:22 AM
What a fantastic idea! Thanks for sharing that.

Imzadi
10-11-2005, 05:32 AM
What a great idea!
I did a search at the Two Peas site & came up with more journal cover ideas.

You might get scraps of quilting fabric & that iron on adhesive. This way some of the girls could make fabric covers, too. :Pinkbounc