PDA

View Full Version : Looking for mickey ring

inloveindisney
10-06-2005, 05:00 PM
My husband and I found a gold ring that has mickey heads all around it when we were on our honeymoon in june. He has not stopped talking about it since then. Only problem, it was like 350.00. I have been looking other places like ebay, etc. for something similar with no luck. Do any of you know where I might find something like this for a cheaper price? We both just think that is so expensive.
It really was pretty though. My husband lost a bunch of weight so his ring doesn't really fit him anymore. I would love to get this for him on our christmas trip. Thanks!

kegafford
10-06-2005, 05:18 PM
I would love to know also :)

hiwaygal
10-06-2005, 07:11 PM
I bought those rings for our wedding bands and ended up returning them. It was much too wide for my finger and actually, the band itself is very thick. For me, it was uncomfortable...but I loved the idea!!!!

I did find ONE on ebay, but it wasn't in the size I needed. The only way you could get one from someone there is if they happened to buy two in the sizes you need.

I looked and looked and looked myself...there is no other ring unless you talk to a goldsmith/jeweler and see if they will do a custom ring for you. My guess is that it will either be more expensive than the Mickey ring or they won't do it because of copyright issues.

Sorry to be such a "downer"...but I just don't want you to spend time searching when there really isn't anything out there...

LIPurple
10-07-2005, 11:51 PM
If you have a picture of the ring any good jeweler would be able to make it for you. You could discuss the cost before hand and see if it was reasonable. You could also decide to make it thinner or 10K gold instead of 14K to keep costs down.

And keep watching ebay. You never know when you will find one. There was one listed last week.