PDA

View Full Version : Does FTW frustrate anyone else?

Mommy Poppins
10-06-2005, 11:18 AM
We booked about 3 weeks ago and after the email setting up the website, we haven't heard anything else. I called a week or so ago and was told that Chuck Rodriguez was our EM. Sent him an email--no response. I emailed him again yesterday about a date change, no response. Today I called because I need to change the date and I need to make sure the date and time are available with Disney--especially since it is 2 months earlier and they put me in the voice mail of Matt Hall____, something. I know that message was just hours ago, but it seems like pulling teeth to get to talk to someone other than the person answering the phones.

Anyone else have that problem?????

tchan03
10-06-2005, 01:21 PM
I have the same experience. I booked it with my sales manager and got the website link 2 weeks ago. I was told an EM will contact me very soon.

I sent email to him this Monday , and haven't heard back.

( His response to my general questions was very fast ,Prior to booking it though!)

I also sense that he rarely takes initiative to tell me what next steps will be. It's like i ask him a short question , he will give me a short answer.
:pug:

Mommy Poppins
10-06-2005, 01:39 PM
I did finally hear back from Matt Hunnell at FTW and he has rescheduled my date to May 1, 2006 at 5:00 at Sunset Pointe. So, it is almost 2 months earlier--now I have to get on the ball!!!!!

cattjer
10-06-2005, 01:54 PM
I am getting married on May 4 2006 at sunset pointe! How long are you staying there for???

Tinkerbelle14
10-06-2005, 02:08 PM
When I booked our wedding, I was told that our EM would be contacting us soon. We didn't hear anything for about 3 months. I've learned that you probably won't get assigned one or hear from them until about the 8 months left mark.

tchan03
10-06-2005, 02:17 PM
Mine is an intimate wedding and it's set in Feb 2006. So it's much less than 8 months away .

Mommy Poppins
10-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Mine is about 6.5 months away.

Cattjer - We are arriving in Florida on April 25. We will be at Disney from April 28 until May 6.

Mary626
10-06-2005, 02:48 PM
Heck yes FTW is frustrating at the beginning!!! God I can't remember how long I would wait between emails or phone calls when trying to set up my date and contract. I was pretty surprised because I've heard such great things about the FTW department. I would send an email with maybe 6 questions, and she would only answer like 3 of them, it was frustrating. Once I signed my contract, it took another 3-4 weeks or so to talk to my coordinator. I think she was on vacation at the time. After our first over the phone planning session though, she has been really great. I communicate mostly via email, and she's been pretty prompt about responding.

So I guess my advice is yes it is very frustrating, but once things get really rolling, they will be there for you!!

kegafford
10-06-2005, 03:08 PM
Still my beef is that why are they waiting until 6-8 months out to start planning. I know people who already have the menu and place and decoration all done and booked on the year out mark. I know they are disney and can make it happen but it drives the brides crazy waiting all around for them to email us back and answer questions. I would think they would want more time if you are a distance bride. Just my 2 cents worth :)

ahutton
10-06-2005, 03:32 PM
I think the big difference for weddings outside of Disney is those folks are working with a variety of vendors, and if that vendor is booked they have to find another. At Disney there is never a case where there is no catering staff for a venue, there is not a question of if they can get flowers and get them done. They are fully self contained and can support all of the events they book. While it is frustrating if you base your time line on what the books or magazines say, we found there was plenty of time to get everything done we wanted for a custom wedding less than 6 months before our date.

However - if you have a date and an outside vendor you are set on using, call them!

kegafford
10-06-2005, 03:36 PM
I would love to call them but my date is not set in stone and with that I will not book becasue I do not want to have to lose my vendor becasue my date is not set KWIM?

I guess that is why I would be upset.

mjslvswdw1
10-06-2005, 07:38 PM
I too found it so frustrating when I was planning our intimate, and I knew of other custom brides that were so frustrated with FTW and their timing. That being said, DFTW's are a wonderful group of people, and they can pull together a wedding, custom or intimate faster then you can say the word go. The one thing I remember my EM saying to me was it's your special day and I respect that, but we put intimate weddings together in a week or so. Was that rude or mean, no. We, as brides or brides again, worry about all of the little details, because and it is our special day. FTW knows it is our special day, but it is their business. They are good at it and can plan it in less time then we can think they can. We also are a group of ladies (and gents sometimes) who want to know that we are being taken care of, but they are busy and sometimes lose site of the fact that they plan SEVERAL weddings everyday, and we only plan one or two in our lifetime. I sell cars every day, and sometimes lose site on how much money is spent on that one purchase. On the other hand, my costomers buy a car every five years and it is great deal of money. So Mommy Poppins...don't worry they will make your day the most wonderful, meaningful day you could ever imagine and you will be amazed how smooth and awesome it will be!! Remember this is just MHO!

Melissa

janine
10-07-2005, 04:03 AM
Hi
i too am very frustrated. I had my web site set up 3 weeks ago now and heard nothing since. I was told by Matthew Hunnell that I would hear back from him, no later than this Friday. That was last Friday, not today. I am still waiting. I have emailed a polite reminder and that I am a little disappointed with hearing nothing.
I think Disney should remember that a bride wants a perfect day, no matter how small, and needs to plan it without rush or hassle.
I am sure it will all turn out wonderful on the day, but at least to be told of a procedure would be start.

janine
10-07-2005, 09:11 AM
I just received a phone call from Jennifer at Disney, just one hour after I emailed with my concerns. I think it may be worth insisting on a phone call if you are worried and frustrated like I was.
Janine

LIPurple
10-08-2005, 12:23 AM
I only booked my wedding 4 weeks ago and it is in two months. I didnt hear a word until last week after repeated emails and phone calls to DFTW department and the sales manager. I didnt even find out who my EM was until just last week. I realize Disney can do things fast, but when you are talking about a wedding, they should at least contact you within 1-2 weeks after taking your booking or at the time of booking and give you some sort of timeline that they are working with so you dont feel left in the dark.

I felt like I was the only one that knew I was having a wedding at Disney and seriously didnt even think I was "penciled in" the date book.

I now have my planning packet which was delivered via email and Im willing to email the file to anyone that is feeling really frustrated without contact and wants to get things moving or at least get a look at the planning packet.

Keep in mind that if your wedding is in 2006 some things may be different from the packet, but at least you will have somewhere to start. I was ripping my hair out and ready to say forget it because it was so frustrating.

If you would like the file email me a LIPurple@gmail.com and put DFTW planning in the subject line so you stay out of my junk folder.