PDA

View Full Version : Altered playing cards - why?

piratesmate
10-06-2005, 11:17 AM
Besides the fact that they're just too cute ::yes:: is there another reason you've used them? I mean is there a purpose to the embellishment being a playing card instead of just a square?

On a Queen of Hearts page it makes perfect sense, but what about other places? :confused3 I'm just wondering why you use them? (And "they're cute" is a good reason!)

TIA

onedisneylover
10-06-2005, 12:17 PM
though, i have never used them, i have plans in my head to use them...

one of our boys, his nick name is jack, so i will hopefully, someday, make a lo with a jack on it...

also you can use them for age on a bday lo...you don't have to use the whole card either...just the number parts,

etc...so many things you can do...

Twigs
10-06-2005, 01:59 PM
Deb, I have been wondering the same thing! They are awfully cute! But what I didn't get was, my friend who has been making them for swaps she is in with another site, covers the entire card (and she gets them that way). I always thought why not just use the same size card stock? But in a recent swap with Nicurn, she had the corner of the card peeking out and I loved that. I think it adds an item of interest even if the playing card part doesn't match the theme.

piratesmate
10-06-2005, 02:29 PM
Deb, I have been wondering the same thing! They are awfully cute! But what I didn't get was, my friend who has been making them for swaps she is in with another site, covers the entire card (and she gets them that way). I always thought why not just use the same size card stock? But in a recent swap with Nicurn, she had the corner of the card peeking out and I loved that. I think it adds an item of interest even if the playing card part doesn't match the theme.

See, that's what had me wondering. I should have specified that. Originally I'd seen them completely covered & wondered "Why bother?" But then I got the same card from Maggie & thought "How cute!!"

I just wondered if I'm thinking too literally? (and I wonder where my kids get it from :rolleyes: )
Ace - "You're Aces with me" "You're number one"
King - "King of the hill/heap"
Queen - of Hearts
Jack - "You're my knight in shining armor" LOs about people named Jack
# cards - birthdays

I thought of those ideas, but it still seems somewhat limited to me...especially for swaps. So I figured I must be missing something.