PDA

View Full Version : Tux help please....

JonetteA
10-05-2005, 11:15 PM
I have a light ivory dress, and we want to use the Mickey vests from Carolyn Allen's. The only one that I think will fly is the white one. Does anyone think that that would look too weird?

LittleBlackRaincloud
10-06-2005, 12:40 AM
I wouldn't think it would look bad if your dress is a very light ivory. What about the champagne? I'm sure it's darker than your dress, but it is in the same color family. Would Carollyn Allen's bring both to you, and let you decide in person? Honestly though, I don't think the white would look bad! :flower:

MApigletfan
10-06-2005, 05:04 AM
I have an ivory dress and we went with the champagne. My fiance said if he is paying extra for the mickey tuxes he wants to see mickey and you can't see him well in the white. I went to a local tux place to get the boys fitted and asked to see a champagne color and explained what the tux would look like and I was told it would look okay, ivory dress with champagne vest and bowtie.

Codie
10-07-2005, 03:29 PM
I had a light ivory dress and my groomsmen all wore the white vests---my guy wore light blue. I thought the white looked very sharp...

allisonswonderland
11-05-2005, 11:21 PM
I worked at a Bridal shop for 7 years and I would go with ivory over white, now there were times that people did not want ivory and they did white shirts which I tend to think will make your gown look dirty or yellow, but everyone has their own opinion and they usually liked how it looked, so I just say whatever you like, go with it, it is your day!

Laurafoster
11-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Does anyone have a picyure of these? they sound really great!

Mommy Poppins
11-06-2005, 02:28 PM
http://www.carolynallens.com/tuxedos/accessories/mickey_vests.htm

MApigletfan
11-08-2005, 05:53 PM
We just had our wedding a week ago today and I had an Ivory gown and my husband wore the Champagne Mickey Tux and it looked great. When I get my picture link posted you can see!

JonetteA
11-08-2005, 11:08 PM
Thanks! I would appreciate it!