PDA

View Full Version : Wishes Dessert Party

PookieB
10-05-2005, 02:52 PM
Anyone have the contact & phone # for setting up Wishes dessert party with GF catering pls? EM didnt have it available. :sad2:

Laurafoster
10-06-2005, 11:07 AM
wow i didnt know you can do a wishes desert party? is that in the park or at the grand floridian?

evedein
10-06-2005, 10:52 PM
DD (melmel) is having a wishes dessert party as her welcome party. It's held at the Grand Floridian, near the marina. We were told by the EM that Intimate Brides couldn't do this, but I was told by Private Dining that there was no problem. Everything was booked through Heather at GF Private Dining. # 407-824-2473. She e-mailed me a menu. We can choose anything from snacks to a full dinner. For our party of 11 people, we are having a fruit & cheese tray that serves 10-12 people(about $60) , followed by 3 dessert trays at $36 each. Each tray has 12 small sweets, such as small eclairs, chocolate dipped strawberries, etc. For a center piece, we are having one Cinderella's Slipper dessert ($14). Soft drinks are charged per serving. I believe that an open bar is also an option. I know champagne is available. We are having a butler ($50 for 3 hours) who will set up tables & chairs & serve & get anything else we may need. We may send him for pizza ($14 each) if we're really hungry. You can't really hear the music for wishes from the marina, but I understand that you can have the music piped in for an additional cost. We're not doing that so I don't know what it costs. All in all, the whole thing should cost us $300-400 (we're not having alcohol). Much less than an Illuminations Dessert Party,which was out of our price range. Additionally, since it's not done in the park, I think that the Bride could wear her gown, although I'm not 100% sure since it wasn't an issue for us.
HTH
Eve

Laurafoster
10-07-2005, 04:24 AM
That sounds good, i watched the Wishes from the GF marina on my trip recently and you cannot hear the music but if you could have it piped that would be great. Might have to have a look into that, been trying to figure out what to do for a welcome party. Thanks!

Button
10-18-2005, 03:14 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know when you can book these? Do you perhaps have to wait 90 days like some of the PS bookings.

Thanks.

Janet2k
10-18-2005, 07:49 PM
Anyone have the contact & phone # for setting up Wishes dessert party with GF catering pls? EM didnt have it available.

PookieB, I don't have the number handy, but please call the Disney Operator and ask to be transferred to the Grand Floridian's Convention Services organization. I had to work with the Grand Floridian's Convention Services folks for my last two parties. Those parties turned out beautifully and I wouldn't have them any other way.

Last night I posted some info about the Welcome Party that was held at the marina on the night before my FTW custom vow renewal: click here (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=938090). In my thread I gave a link to the photos that Disney Event Productions took of my party. If you view those photos, you'll see how my venue was decorated; you'll see the scrumptious desserts that were served; and you'll even see a few fireworks photos. The party was wonderfully relaxing. Perfect, thanks to my Event Manager and the team at the Grand Floridian's Convention Services organization.

Janet2k
10-18-2005, 07:54 PM
I should note that I paid the fee to have the fireworks soundtrack beamed into my party's venue. I am sorry that I don't remember what that fee was.

As to when you can book this event, please call the Grand Floridian's Convention Services organization and ask them for the timeline that they prefer to work within when planning an event. Both of the parties that I held at the Grand Floridian last year were planned without much notice. That was probably not the way that they prefer to work since venues do get booked up and what is available can be somewhat limited. I think the more advance notice you can give them, the better.

Coloradogrl
10-18-2005, 09:16 PM
I am really think I am going to do this! I really wanted to do the illumanations dessert party but from what I have seen this sound like a great idea! As long as we could have the music piped in. I have never seen WDW fireworks(I will be going for the 1st time to WDW for our wedding) but DL fireworks are one of my favorite part of our trips there.
I was wondering if not being in front of the castle takes away from the fireworks and also what is the deposit for the wishes dessert partys?

Janet2k
10-19-2005, 01:03 AM
I am really think I am going to do this! I really wanted to do the illumanations dessert party but from what I have seen this sound like a great idea! As long as we could have the music piped in.

Coloradogrl, just so there are no misunderstandings, I need to state that my party was definitely more expensive than what Evedein mentioned. I had to work with the Grand Floridian’s Convention Services organization, but they put together an entire event package for me, not just the food.

If you viewed my photos, you saw that my party had a theme. My venue was decorated with that theme. You won’t get that unless you work with the Convention Services folks. There was also music and lighting at my venue. You won’t get that unless you work with the Convention Services folks. The soundtrack for the fireworks show was beamed into my venue. You won’t get that unless you work with the Convention Services folks. The list of special and unique touches that were incorporated into my event goes on and on. You won’t get any of those special touches unless you work with the Convention Services folks. Their job is to put together an entire event. One that is safe as well as memorable. After having personally worked with them on various functions, I can tell you that they are capable of making your wildest dreams come true.

Everyone has to decide for themselves what they want and what their budget is. For me, I wanted an event that was flawless and magical. In order to have an event like that, I had to let Disney’s professional event planners plan it. Under their guidance, I got exactly what I wanted. My event was as smooth as glass and oh-so-relaxing. It was perfection.

Janet2k
10-19-2005, 01:10 AM
I was wondering if not being in front of the castle takes away from the fireworks and also what is the deposit for the wishes dessert partys?

If you don't have the soundtrack beamed into your venue, you won't get the full effect of the fireworks show, plain and simple. I have had the soundtrack beamed into both of my marina parties and I wouldn't have it any other way.

As to the deposit requirements, you'll have to work with the Grand Floridian's Convention Services folks on that. A contract for your event will be drawn up and you will have to abide by the contract's rules. Payment terms will be specifically spelled out in that contract.

lpizzuro123
11-10-2005, 04:01 PM
We have never done Wishes Desert Party, but we watched Wishes from the Marina at GF last May. You can definately NOT hear the music. The music really adds to the whole feeling of Wishes. I really think a better place to watch Wishes outside the park is the Poly. At the GF you see the fireworks to the left (I believe) of the castle. From the Poly, you see the fireworks with the castle right in front of them. Not sure if you can do a party at the Poly we we always enjoy 'Ohana and watch Wishes from our table. They dim the music there and pipe in the music.

Linda

UnderTheMistletoe
11-10-2005, 05:07 PM
We're doing a Wishes Dessert party, too... as our rehearsal "dinner" on December 28th this year.

I am pretty sure the music is piped in over the resort's speakers, no?

xoxo

UnderTheMistletoe
11-10-2005, 05:08 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know when you can book these? Do you perhaps have to wait 90 days like some of the PS bookings.

Thanks.

For the DFTW, we had it booked almost last year... they booked us for IllumiNations and Wishes in case IllumiNations fell through, which it did for whatever reason to do with the park and capacity levels that time of year. I dunno... I don't care.

UnderTheMistletoe
11-10-2005, 05:56 PM
$300.00 to have it piped in... Iposted on a new thread above

xoxo

Janet2k
11-10-2005, 06:11 PM
...we watched Wishes from the Marina at GF last May. You can definately NOT hear the music. The music really adds to the whole feeling of Wishes.

Lpizzuro123, you're correct. You cannot hear the Wishes soundtrack at the marina. I have held two private parties at the marina and both times my Event Manager had to arrange for the Wishes soundtrack to be piped in to the venue. There was a line item (and an associated charge) for this on both of my events' BEOs.

At my party was a technician, external lighting, a soundboard, and speakers. Background music played throughout the evening, but when it came time for the Wishes fireworks show to begin, the background music gave way to the fireworks' soundtrack. It worked out beautifully. Disney truly does a wonderful job with their private events.

lpizzuro123
11-10-2005, 09:00 PM
You parties sound wonderful. Where can I sign up.

Linda

Janet2k
11-11-2005, 02:28 AM
I am going to post a link to a video slideshow that I created last year of one of my Grand Floridian marina parties. It should give you a small glimpse of what I saw during the Wishes fireworks show. Click here (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=938090&page=1&pp=15) to go to my thread (the link will be on Page 2).

lpizzuro123
11-11-2005, 08:34 AM
Wow Janet2k. That slide show was just beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing. You must have gone through alot to have everything come off so wonderful. Funny thing, the day of your party was my birthday. I had always wanted to be in WDW for my birthday but we could not do it that year but we were down there for my birthday this year. Best birthday I ever had.

Linda