PDA

View Full Version : Scrapbook Convention At Orlando Convention Center

Feralpeg
10-05-2005, 01:09 PM
There will be a scrapbook convention at the Orlando Convention Center on International Drive starting tomorrow at 8:30 am. It will run through Saturday.

I plan on checking it out on Friday.

PigletsPal
10-05-2005, 08:11 PM
I'm driving up in the morning. Not taking any classes, just going to look and spend $$$. My friend and I are going to buy the 2 day ticket, but it all depends on how good it is on Thur if we will go back on Fri or not. Thur evening we will be taking a ride over to DTD to check things out over there. I just hope the weather isn't real nasty.

reinita1002
10-05-2005, 08:30 PM
I hope I can go if my mom is willing to take me. I live in orlando, but I live far from I-drive.

holycow
10-06-2005, 11:28 AM
I couldn't decide if I wanted to go or not but I think I may just hop in the car and go...(If DH can take the day off) I really need to just get out and spend some money! LOL

Holycow

safetymom
10-06-2005, 06:02 PM
I went last year and spent way too much money.

reinita1002
10-06-2005, 09:09 PM
Do they have good stuff? Like...whats it like? I'm getting my hands on 100 bucks this weekend. (I've been taking care of my neighbor's dog for a week)

Feralpeg
10-06-2005, 09:39 PM
Here is a link about it.

http://www.memoriesexpo.com/florida.html

safetymom
10-07-2005, 06:19 AM
They had lots and lots of booths to spend your money on. :)

crispycritter
10-07-2005, 12:10 PM
:sad1: I was suppose to go to the Expo this week but my vacation got cancelled!! I only live about 2.5 hours away from Orlando but I don't drive so my mom decided she take me spend 2 days there and then go home. I was going to catch the Greyhound bus home this weekend. Well then that tropical storm came along and she freaked out :earseek: She argued with me almost all day until I finally agreed to come with her instead of staying for the Expo. I regretted saying I would leave right after I said it but just to keep the peace and save my money, I came home with her. So now I'm at home wishing I was there. I was hoping someone here could fill me in on what I'm missing, was there anything new and exciting or was it the same as last year?

Thanks for listening I just needed to vent :banana:
Christine

reinita1002
10-07-2005, 02:48 PM
Thank you for the info and link! ;)

Feralpeg
10-07-2005, 09:42 PM
:sad1: I was suppose to go to the Expo this week but my vacation got cancelled!! I only live about 2.5 hours away from Orlando but I don't drive so my mom decided she take me spend 2 days there and then go home. I was going to catch the Greyhound bus home this weekend. Well then that tropical storm came along and she freaked out :earseek: She argued with me almost all day until I finally agreed to come with her instead of staying for the Expo. I regretted saying I would leave right after I said it but just to keep the peace and save my money, I came home with her. So now I'm at home wishing I was there. I was hoping someone here could fill me in on what I'm missing, was there anything new and exciting or was it the same as last year?

Thanks for listening I just needed to vent :banana:
Christine

I didn't go last year, so I don't know how different it was. I managed to spend plenty of money.

pfishgirl
10-07-2005, 10:10 PM
Oh sure..... you couldn't wait just a few more days for me to get there could ya?? You HAD to to this on this weekend... :guilty:

I'm coming on Wednesday !!!! wait for me... :rotfl:

PigletsPal
10-08-2005, 07:30 PM
My friend and I only went on Thur. spent over 5 hours looking and spending. Had alot of fun with some of the make and takes. I told my friend that I would like to take some classes next year.

holycow
10-09-2005, 01:24 PM
I hopped in the car and drove down for Friday....had a great day shopping and really could have spent a ton more. I didn't take any classes and really wanted to but since it was spur of the moment there really wasn't anything I wanted to take at the time I was there.

I did win a door prize though! It was cool to hear my name called...

I didn't go last year so I couldn't compare it to it.

Holycow