PDA

View Full Version : September Weddings?

Laurafoster
10-05-2005, 11:26 AM
I just got back from our trip to WDW, we were there from the 17th September - 4th October and we saw a few weddings taking place at the Yacht Club Gazebo and at Seabreeze pointe. I just wondered if they were anyones on this board? They all looked really beautiful. I also saw a Illuminations party in the UK terrace on the Sat 1st October!

hiwaygal
10-05-2005, 12:07 PM
We were married on September 20 at Sea Breeze Point!

To think you may have seen us (we had no guests) would be very cool!!! :cool1:

Laurafoster
10-06-2005, 10:10 AM
I think i did, i remember you saying you were getting married at about 11am??
We were on the boat to Epcot at 11ish and i could see a few people there when we went past! Congratulations!!

hiwaygal
10-06-2005, 10:23 AM
Yep! We were there at 11 am!!

That is too funny! I remember the boats going by...and in one of our wedding pics, you can kinda see the boat. Also, we had called my mom on my cell phone (so she could hear the ceremony and vows) and the only time she couldn't hear us was when the boats were going by! :rotfl:

Just too cool!! :cool1:

Thanks for the warm wishes! :flower:

FutureAshleyDukes
10-06-2005, 10:29 AM
hiwaygal,
I was wondering how the weather is in September, is it just burning up outside?

By the way, I loved your wedding pics.

hiwaygal
10-06-2005, 10:40 AM
hiwaygal,
I was wondering how the weather is in September, is it just burning up outside?

By the way, I loved your wedding pics.

Aww...thanks!! Obviously our wedding was VERY casual...and that's just the way I wanted it!.

The day of our wedding was rather warm, but that wasn't the worst...it was UNBELIEVABLY HUMID!!! I live near the ocean in Virginia and I'm used to humidity so I can comfortably say that it was really bad that day! To everyone who has said I was "glowing", I've smiled sweetly and said, no, that was sweat! :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Basically, the weather there is not necessarily as hot as July/August, but it is still summer in Florida in September.

I know that there is no way I could have done a long ceremony outside in a formal gown...it would have been too hot!

Having said all that, September is a WONDERFUL time to get married at Disney...the crowds were practically non-existant at any of the parks...we were able to see and do so many things just because we didn't have long wait times anywhere!

Hope that helps...are you considering a September date now??

FutureAshleyDukes
10-06-2005, 10:47 AM
You have definitely peaked my interest for September, we haven't officially chosen a date yet and are trying to keep our options open. Hearing about the crowd levels makes it even more tempting though. :teeth:

fun2bmomof3
10-06-2005, 01:12 PM
Ok Hiwaygal, I said it before, but I now know for a fact that I seen your wedding also. We were at the Beach Club villas Sept. 14-21. We walked by from the Beach club over to the Boardwalk with 5 kids. Did the rain showers that day put a damper on any of your plans? Congrats!!

To others wondering about September... we have been 3 times in september. The first two trips were at the end of the month. Our first trip was great with temps in the mid-high 80's. Our second trip we weathered hurrican Jeanne, but other than the one day we had perfect temps in the 80's. This trip was as stated above a bit earlier and it seemed to be alot hotter and more humid than at the end of the month, but it may have just been luck those other years. I'm from Missouri where it can get into the 100's and have extremely high humidity, so it wasn't unbearable for us.

I love the low crowds of september, but with all the hurricanes the past two years it really makes me not want to go back in september. I hear Nov, except for the week of thanksgiving is low, as well as the first 2 weeks of december. I've also heard that February is great except for the week of president's day.

crissy

hiwaygal
10-06-2005, 01:37 PM
Hi Crissy!

How cool to think that you saw my wedding too!!! :banana: :cool1:

Everyone kept telling me that rain on your wedding day was good luck...I didn't care as long as it didn't rain while we were walking over to Sea Breeze Point!!! Even my EM (Jennifer O'Leary) had made alternate arrangements if the rain came before we got to the gazebo.

We were SOOOO lucky! We got through the ceremony and cake cutting and back to the Boardwalk with plenty of time to spare! In fact, when it did finally rain (for about 25 minutes just around 12:30 or 1, if I remember correctly) we were hiding under the awning/roof of Jellyrolls on our way to MGM!!! :teeth:

Laurafoster
10-07-2005, 03:38 AM
Ive been several times in September and it is one of my favorite times of year to go. The crowds are non existant and if you go at the end of the month you can usually catch MNSSHP! and the Epcot food and wine festival (both started on the 30th this year!). As we usually go around the 19th and come back 1st week in october. Last year we were affected by Hurricane Jeanne but other than that the weather was great! This year was Soooo humid! ive never known it that bad in september so hopefully it was just a one off?! It definately wouldnt put me off september again!

tinkerbela
10-08-2005, 12:42 AM
we were staying at the swan from sept. 24 to oct. 1 and there was a wedding taking place in the late afternoon one day along the side of the swan, near the bridge to walk over on the boardwalk. i never knew you can have a ceremony there. i was wondering if the bride is here on disboards.

fun2bmomof3
10-08-2005, 08:58 AM
I know everytime I seen a wedding during our trip I couldn't help but wonder if it was someone from here. Especially since I had read a post that several people mentioned getting married during the time of our trip. Being at the Beach Club I seen one... Hiwaygal's at Seabreeze point, two at the Gazebo and then several receptions at Ariels'

crissy

Laurafoster
10-09-2005, 11:41 AM
You can get married at the swan but it is not a DFTW it is booked direct with the swan.

cycyk
10-11-2005, 07:18 PM
We got married on the 4th at Seabreeze Pointe around 11 AM....there were 2 brides< i had a double wedding w/ my SIL. It was AMAZINg.

Everytime the boat went by they would be waving or saying something over the intercom.

hiwaygal
10-11-2005, 08:17 PM
We got married on the 4th at Seabreeze Pointe around 11 AM....there were 2 brides< i had a double wedding w/ my SIL. It was AMAZINg.

Everytime the boat went by they would be waving or saying something over the intercom.

That is cool about the boats and about the double wedding!!!

I think if they had said anything, I probably didn't hear it! I was too excited and trying to concentrate on everything so I could remember it! But, the truth is, it went by so fast, I barely remember it all...I'm so glad I wrote my vows so I know EXACTLY what Rev. Kevin said...I'll never wonder about that part!!! :rotfl:

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Rascal1003
10-13-2005, 08:54 AM
My new wife and I were also a part of the "September Club" getting married at the Pavilion on the 19th. I keep promising to report back when I have time, but still struggling.
I have uploaded the photos onto the Kodak Gallery though, so one step closer to sharing them.
I shall make the effort and let you guys see how great things were for us, as soon as I can !