PDA

View Full Version : whispering canyon cafe

rosiejo
10-04-2005, 02:50 PM
Anyone go there for an intimate "reception"?

There are 8 of us and we want to eat between the reception (3pm) and the wishes cruise kicking off from WL at about 7.15pm.

Me and DH2B are very fussy and this menu looks suitable - but will we be overdressed in tuxes and my princess dress?

twojo21
10-04-2005, 04:06 PM
it is a more casual restaurant, but ive seen brides & grooms there. its fun & the food is good. we plan on having our rehearsal dinner there this march.

Mary626
10-04-2005, 04:10 PM
Have you ever been to the Whispering Canyon Cafe before? Just in case you haven't, thought I would let you know more about it, the name is sort of deceiving lol. It is a lot of fun but very LOUD and has a lot going on around you. The waiters sort of holler back and forth and sort of play "tricks" on the guests, and all the kids take a "pony ride" around the restaurant (on those broomsticks with a pony head thing), etc. Nothing wrong with having your reception here, just wanted to make sure you knew what you were in for. Your guests might think it was fun!

If you're looking for a nice intimate, restaurant where you can more interact and hear each other, I would try the "Artist Pointe" which is pretty much right next door to the WCC in the wilderness lodge. My sister had her rehearsal/welcome party there, so i know for a fact it can accomdate large groups.

I would go to the "restaurant" forum here and do a search for the WCC if you've never been there before and want to see some pics and learn more :)

rosiejo
10-05-2005, 01:09 PM
Have you ever been to the Whispering Canyon Cafe before? Just in case you haven't, thought I would let you know more about it, the name is sort of deceiving lol. It is a lot of fun but very LOUD and has a lot going on around you. The waiters sort of holler back and forth and sort of play "tricks" on the guests, and all the kids take a "pony ride" around the restaurant (on those broomsticks with a pony head thing), etc. Nothing wrong with having your reception here, just wanted to make sure you knew what you were in for. Your guests might think it was fun!

If you're looking for a nice intimate, restaurant where you can more interact and hear each other, I would try the "Artist Pointe" which is pretty much right next door to the WCC in the wilderness lodge. My sister had her rehearsal/welcome party there, so i know for a fact it can accomdate large groups.

I would go to the "restaurant" forum here and do a search for the WCC if you've never been there before and want to see some pics and learn more :)

Thanks Mary - I had heard it was a bit "mad" and that was part of the charm- we're not too worried about quiet chats between us as we'll have been together on hols for 10 days leading upto the wedding - I just want the day to be as different as possible - I'll go check out the other board too - thanks for the help :0)