PDA

View Full Version : Centerpieces

KT27
10-03-2005, 09:00 PM
What have you done or are you doing for your centerpieces. If you have pics that would be great. Just trying to get some ideas! TIA. :confused3

Mary626
10-04-2005, 01:53 AM
My reception is at Ariel's, and my color themes are blue and silver, with a few silver mickey shapes here and there. Didn't really want to concentrate on "under the sea" since that's not really me, so my floral designer gave me some alternative recomendations.

I decided to go with a 5" inch tall cylinder vase with blue sea glass on the bottm, water, and with white lillies floating on the top. (there will be lillies in my bouqet as well as the bridesmaid's bouquets and are my personal favorite).. Around the vase is more blue sea glass sprinkled around it. The way she described it to me it sounded very elegant, pretty, and much much cheaper then another bouquet of flowers! The price is coming out to about $35.00 per table. I can't wait to see how it looks!

I am also getting the white chair covers with blue bows so that will match well, I think. I still need to figure out what placeholders to use or favors..., I want them to match as well.

Anyway, that is what my table/centerpieces will look like. Do you have a theme picked out or anything like that that could help?

twojo21
10-04-2005, 03:01 AM
hi katie,

we made our centerpieces for our march reception at ariels, our reception theme is blue, silver & seaside. in the middle of each table will be a square mirror with each tables centerpiece namesake ie a mermaid sculpture for table mermaid lagoon, finding nemo figures for the kids finding nemo table & 2 white candles. then on 2 sides are glass fish bowls that were filling with shells & floating white candles. we bought small silver picture frames for the placecards & are putting matching clipart on the card below the persons name of their tables namesake.

KT27
10-04-2005, 08:32 AM
Hi mary, Just wondering what florist you are using! Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Thanks Natasha too, I love the mirror idea!

My reception is at Ariel's, and my color themes are blue and silver, with a few silver mickey shapes here and there. Didn't really want to concentrate on "under the sea" since that's not really me, so my floral designer gave me some alternative recomendations.

I decided to go with a 5" inch tall cylinder vase with blue sea glass on the bottm, water, and with white lillies floating on the top. (there will be lillies in my bouqet as well as the bridesmaid's bouquets and are my personal favorite).. Around the vase is more blue sea glass sprinkled around it. The way she described it to me it sounded very elegant, pretty, and much much cheaper then another bouquet of flowers! The price is coming out to about $35.00 per table. I can't wait to see how it looks!

I am also getting the white chair covers with blue bows so that will match well, I think. I still need to figure out what placeholders to use or favors..., I want them to match as well.

Anyway, that is what my table/centerpieces will look like. Do you have a theme picked out or anything like that that could help?

Codie
10-04-2005, 12:54 PM
I used two things: the first was a sandcastle tea light holder from Party Lite (it's discontinued now but you can get them on ebay) and the second were gel water scene candles from a seller on ebay. It was simple, but everyone loved them--they acted as my favors too. At ADH there is only four person tables, so I wanted a low-key centerpiece...

Mary626
10-04-2005, 02:11 PM
Hi mary, Just wondering what florist you are using! Thanks for sharing your ideas.

I am using Disney's florist (Laura Kidd), who has been very helpful and friendly. Can't wait to see how everything she talked about will come together :)

DizneyDogs
10-04-2005, 04:28 PM
I had a cinderella theme and placed crystal coaches and castles on the table along with crystal grandfather clocks which I set them all to a few minutes before 12:00 for the centerpiece along with small candelabras that held tealights that were our wedding colors. For favors at each place setting I had little glass slippers filled with mickey shaped gummy bears wrapped in celophane and tulle which were tied with a ribbon with our names and wedding date along with 2 gold wedding rings. The kids had a great time collecting all the extra rings and slippers to take home with them.

EvilinaDM101
10-04-2005, 09:54 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid188/p4f7f220632bd95c8370bb51fedba6455/f2217eed.jpg

Our colors are pink and purple and the theme is Lilo and Stitch. Our wedding favor is in front of it too. :goodvibes

2BWEDDNDIS
10-06-2005, 11:56 AM
I had a cinderella theme and placed crystal coaches and castles on the table along with crystal grandfather clocks which I set them all to a few minutes before 12:00 for the centerpiece along with small candelabras that held tealights that were our wedding colors. For favors at each place setting I had little glass slippers filled with mickey shaped gummy bears wrapped in celophane and tulle which were tied with a ribbon with our names and wedding date along with 2 gold wedding rings. The kids had a great time collecting all the extra rings and slippers to take home with them.
WOW!! I love this idea, never thought of the grandfather clocks (how neat)!!!! I'm having a cinderella theme and have been racking my brain for ideas, thanks!

DizneyDogs
10-07-2005, 12:34 AM
I had found the idea of the clocks here on this message board. Actually finding the clocks was a whole other story. I placed probably 10 different orders online which were all cancelled tellng me that they were out of stock but I finally found a yahoo store that had them and I bought all that they had left which was just the amount that I need. Now that the wedding is over I have a bunch of them which I will probably sell on ebay.

Laurafoster
10-07-2005, 04:29 AM
That sounds like a really cool idea! i especially love the idea of filling the glass slippers asfavours!