PDA

View Full Version : impressions.... wedding programs

mishtb
10-03-2005, 01:54 PM
Has anyone used Impressions for their wedding programs.. I have been waiting for a reply back... I love their mickey mouse fan programs, but I am afraid that I'll need a min. amt order when I only need 15. I could always try to make them myself...

cryssi
10-03-2005, 02:25 PM
We didn't use them for programs, only for invites. However, if you are doing custom programs, I don't believe there is a minimum. You'll want to double check with Shelley though...she's great!

c

Mary626
10-03-2005, 03:03 PM
http://fairytalewedding.ibuilder.com/Images/programfans.jpg

these are too cute! I wonder what would be the best way to cut them out without it looking crooked or unproffesional? (i have no artistic talent whatsoever).

If you try making them and have success, let us know how you did it! :)

kellykins
10-03-2005, 03:14 PM
I just put the order in for those fans today! I got the impression that they could go what every number you wanted.

Shelley is really nice!

Luvndisney
10-03-2005, 04:55 PM
Anyone care to share with me how much these programs are? I would need about 50 made.....you can pm me.

Thanks

Mary626
10-03-2005, 05:22 PM
I am curious to know as well, please! Thank you :)

kellykins
10-04-2005, 09:30 AM
50 Custom Mickey program fans: 282.60
2 Program typesetting : 55.00 (I think this is set up for each side of the fan)
50 Program bows: 92.50

I also had to pay the licensing fee of 157.04, but I believe that is because we have a Mickey head on the front in our monogram. I would post the monogram for the front of the program, but I can't figure out how to add a picture.

D&R love Disney
10-04-2005, 09:31 AM
Shelly at Impressions was great to work with. I did have a bit of trouble getting in touch with her at first but then ordering my castle topper was a breeze.

mishtb
10-04-2005, 09:39 AM
I can't afford that much.... but I made a template today and on separate paper printed out the program with our ceremony ... all I did was used scrapbooking tape to keep both sides together, and only glued the popcicle stick on and done.... It actually came out great....and I could use any color paper or color font to match our wedding colors... A little time consuming, but it saves money...

kellykins
10-04-2005, 09:51 AM
Good for you. I tried to go the crafty direction. I tried to make programs that would match my invitations which had silver mickey heads on them. I had finally come up with something that would have been ok, but I was disappointed with how they came out and they were a lot of work. Then last week Shelley called to see if I needed anything else (she did my invitations) and I was stressed, tired and weak so she sold me on her programs. I ordered napkins too.

She showed me a much less expensive option, but once I saw the mickey head program I knew that's what I wanted.

I can't wait to see them, they should be ready Friday.

SRUAlmn
11-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Hi! I'm resurrecting this thread because I was looking for info on the Mickey program fans since our wedding will be in July. However, I just can't justify spending almost $9.00 per fan for something that people will most likely throw away after the wedding day. YIKES!! For those of you that made your own, do you still have any old pictures around?

Thanks!!!

bride2bee
11-12-2006, 01:01 AM
Mine weren't the mickey head fans but I did make them myself. They were really easy .I bought the card stock that size so no cutting and used paint stirrers, ribbon and rubber cement. It was really cheap and easy.

here are some pics
Front

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c147/babydollfairy84/newprgfan-1.jpg

Back
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c147/babydollfairy84/newprgfanbk-1.jpg

Day of

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c147/babydollfairy84/ProWeddingPics031.jpg

scottsbride
11-12-2006, 01:25 AM
very nice Bride2bee....i really like the idea of making my own but i'm afraid the mickey head may get too complicated for me to cut. I like the square alternative!!!!!!!!!!

SRUAlmn
11-12-2006, 07:53 AM
Mine weren't the mickey head fans but I did make them myself. They were really easy .I bought the card stock that size so no cutting and used paint stirrers, ribbon and rubber cement. It was really cheap and easy.

here are some pics
Front

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c147/babydollfairy84/newprgfan-1.jpg

Back
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c147/babydollfairy84/newprgfanbk-1.jpg

Day of

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c147/babydollfairy84/ProWeddingPics031.jpg

Very Nice!! Where did you get that pretty castle picture? Was it already colored that way, or did you do it? Did you print everything on paper and then rubber cement it onto the cardstock? You can't even see any lines from that. Was it the exact size of the cardstock? Sorry I'm asking so many questions, I just want to try to make my own too :) You did a GREAT job!!
Thanks!

JJClemson
11-12-2006, 08:24 AM
Karen, I am in the same boat as you. Spending all that money for fans is a little ridiculous! I'd rather have that money for cake :)

I ordered the sample from Impressions and my mom is using that as her template. She is VERY artsy (art teacher), so I am sure they will come out great. I asked her to have one done for me to see by Christmas, so I will post it then. Good luck!

SRUAlmn
11-12-2006, 08:28 AM
Karen, I am in the same boat as you. Spending all that money for fans is a little ridiculous! I'd rather have that money for cake :)

I ordered the sample from Impressions and my mom is using that as her template. She is VERY artsy (art teacher), so I am sure they will come out great. I asked her to have one done for me to see by Christmas, so I will post it then. Good luck!

Oh! I didn't know you could order a sample! How much is that??? My mother is VERY crafty and artsy too and is THRILLED that I want her to try to figure out how to make these :) :)

JJClemson
11-12-2006, 08:51 AM
I did this back in April so I don't quite remember. I think I just went to their website and either clicked on "request sample" or emailed them about a sample. I got this whole packed of invites and the mickey fan. It didn't cost anything. Good luck :)

SRUAlmn
11-12-2006, 09:11 AM
I did this back in April so I don't quite remember. I think I just went to their website and either clicked on "request sample" or emailed them about a sample. I got this whole packed of invites and the mickey fan. It didn't cost anything. Good luck :)

Cool! Thank you :)

bride2bee
11-12-2006, 02:03 PM
Thanks scottsbride and Karen!

I really hope you can figure out a way. Maybe you could just make a disney head stencil out of cardboard then use an exacto knife type thing lol. I can't think of it but it has a razor attached to a circular platic thing inorder to cutt the card stock in that shape. They have it at craft stores. I just can't imagine being able to match it up other wise.

Oh and don't worry about the questions ;) . I bought the card stock in 8x8 then ran it through the printer to put our monogram on the front and the ceremony info on the back sheet. Then I glued the paint stirrer onto one side... then glued the two side together. Add the bow and its done.

Out of all of my DIY projects this was the fastest. And they were really sturdy. My mom fanned herself all day with it and it was still together and looks great!

If it really gives you a head ache maybe you could do the square but incorporate a hidden mickey theme!!!

Oh and a friend made the castle in that color for me . It was originally just gray scale then you use a program like adobe to change the turrets of the castle.. It comes from ... Marry Monograms I think it is www.marrymonograms.com I'll pm you something.

wendy46001
11-13-2006, 08:44 AM
If you all are looking for a great way to cut those out...just buy that new crayola cutter...Its wonderful for art projects and a lot easier to use then the scrap booking knife I own....

Best kids toy ever...it does a great job in tracing and cutting

StephSFL
11-14-2006, 08:56 PM
I love the custom fans! It's got me in the crafty mood!
I am planning on doing the Mickey Head programs from Impressions! I know they get cheaper as you buy more of them. I am also going to cut down on the expense of them by doing my own bows! I might be a little grumpy after 150 of them, but it will save a lot of money.

SRUAlmn
11-15-2006, 06:39 PM
I just got a shipment of free sample invitations and programs from them which was a bad idea! Now I love them all and I know they will cost too much! The invitation scroll in the tube- UNBELIEVABLE, but I'm sure it costs a pretty penny to make as well as mail :)

Rustyflwr3
11-17-2006, 09:45 AM
We are ordering our dessert party invitations from them! We sent in the wording on November 5th and haven't heard back from her....this happened once before as well. She says her server goes down, so that is what I am assuming is happening now!

Does anyone have their phone number? I tried calling the one on the webstie, but it's not right. I keep getting this gentleman that has no idea who Shelly and who Impressions is!

Thank you for any help!

StephSFL
11-17-2006, 09:49 AM
We are ordering our dessert party invitations from them! We sent in the wording on November 5th and haven't heard back from her....this happened once before as well. She says her server goes down, so that is what I am assuming is happening now!

Does anyone have their phone number? I tried calling the one on the webstie, but it's not right. I keep getting this gentleman that has no idea who Shelly and who Impressions is!

Thank you for any help!

I just got my invitations from her and I am seeing a trend that they are not the best at getting back to you timely (I thought it was only me who was having little problems). I have the number and I will PM it to you if that is ok.
I hope everything works out!

orangetiggs
11-17-2006, 09:53 AM
does anyone have the web address for these mickey fans they are great?

Rustyflwr3
11-17-2006, 10:55 AM
Thanks, got the PM! :)

the web address is www.fairytalewedding.com

princessdisneybelle
11-29-2006, 11:17 PM
I did it! I did it! I"m so excited, I figured out how to make the Mickey fans.. Please don't look at the printing lines or uneven cutting, that won't be there after I take them to the printers. I just did this at home on my own. I'm so excited. :cool1:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b139/l_a_zolman/fans004.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b139/l_a_zolman/fans003.jpg

edited.. figured out how to get rid of the lines.. transparent tape on all the edges. :thumbsup2

StephSFL
11-29-2006, 11:27 PM
I did it! I did it! I"m so excited, I figured out how to make the Mickey fans.. Please don't look at the printing lines or uneven cutting, that won't be there after I take them to the printers. I just did this at home on my own. I'm so excited. :cool1:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b139/l_a_zolman/FANS002.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b139/l_a_zolman/FANS001.jpg
They look amazing! I think you might have found a new career! :cheer2:

StephSFL
11-29-2006, 11:29 PM
OK. I am so excited about this! Will you post how you did them? :yay:

princessdisneybelle
11-29-2006, 11:36 PM
OK. I am so excited about this! Will you post how you did them? :yay:

Sure....

1. I traced the Mickey head from the sample one i received in the mail. ( so I knew were things needed to go).

2. Used Microsoft Word and centered the main program text on a page. Used 12 font for the titles and 10 font for the wording. I then opened a new document. Did the same thing for the wedding date info for the left ear, and the message on the right ear. So a total of three pages. This was easiest for me. I cut and pasted the three items in the Mickey head that I traced.

3. My brother made the monogram for me on Powerpoint.

4. Printed it on white card stock. Glued the stick in the centered. Then glued the two Mickey heads together.

5. Tied with ribbon from other wedding items.

Hope that made sense. Just ask if you need clarification.

I am taking them to Office Depot tomarrow to have my fav person fix them all up for me.

SRUAlmn
11-30-2006, 06:23 PM
I am taking them to Office Depot tomarrow to have my fav person fix them all up for me.

They turned out really cute! My mom is going to try to make ours too because she loves craft projects ;) What exactly is Office Depot going to do for you? Thanks :)

princessdisneybelle
11-30-2006, 06:43 PM
They turned out really cute! My mom is going to try to make ours too because she loves craft projects ;) What exactly is Office Depot going to do for you? Thanks :)

Actually they were going to line everything up for me, but i figured it out. Now just need to make the copies and assemble them. :cool1:

ExCPKate
11-30-2006, 07:37 PM
you all sold me, now I'm going to have to make those too...lol

What would I do without this board? sigh. :love:

StephSFL
11-30-2006, 08:27 PM
Sure....

1. I traced the Mickey head from the sample one i received in the mail. ( so I knew were things needed to go).

2. Used Microsoft Word and centered the main program text on a page. Used 12 font for the titles and 10 font for the wording. I then opened a new document. Did the same thing for the wedding date info for the left ear, and the message on the right ear. So a total of three pages. This was easiest for me. I cut and pasted the three items in the Mickey head that I traced.

3. My brother made the monogram for me on Powerpoint.

4. Printed it on white card stock. Glued the stick in the centered. Then glued the two Mickey heads together.

5. Tied with ribbon from other wedding items.

Hope that made sense. Just ask if you need clarification.

Thank you!!!! :wave:

jillg850
11-30-2006, 08:53 PM
Can someone please post the website/phone number for Impressions?

later..I just figured out that Impressions = fairytalewedding -- thanks for the info

Jill

SRUAlmn
11-30-2006, 10:42 PM
you all sold me, now I'm going to have to make those too...lol

What would I do without this board? sigh. :love:

I know, right? I used to think I was creative until I 'met' everyone on here :rotfl:

scottsbride
11-30-2006, 11:49 PM
princessdisneybelle - your programs are awesome!!! I hope when I make my attempt, mine turn out just as nice

Mickeyfla
08-30-2007, 01:26 PM
I used Impressions for my programs and they were great. I thought they were worth the price and cute as can be. Shelly explained to me that these are custom design fans so Disney gets paid the licensing fee. I figured that we already are paying extra to have our wedding at Disney so paying just a little more for the extra touches that you can only get at Disney was worth it to us. Although it is crafty I just didn't want to give my guests cardstock with paint stirrers.

myprincessgirlisa
08-30-2007, 02:10 PM
I used Impressions for my programs and they were great. I thought they were worth the price and cute as can be. Shelly explained to me that these are custom design fans so Disney gets paid the licensing fee. I figured that we already are paying extra to have our wedding at Disney so paying just a little more for the extra touches that you can only get at Disney was worth it to us. Although it is crafty I just didn't want to give my guests cardstock with paint stirrers.

Could you show us a sample from your wedding

when were you married??

Was it recently??

mmmsarah3
08-30-2007, 02:58 PM
:surfweb: