PDA

View Full Version : It's Here! It's Here! The Magic is Back!!!

PoohJen
10-03-2005, 08:44 AM
Woo Hoo! :cool1:

Driving in to work this morning, coming 'round the bend on 464 and...there she was!!! The Magic in drydock here in Norfolk!!!

ok, ok, I know she's been here a day or so, so y'all have probably been chatting it up, but I had forgotten, so I was that much more excited and surprised!!! :banana: :earseek: :earboy2:

...and just 11 months from now, I'll be up on the deck, waving down to the passers-by, instead of the other way around!

Will try to take and upload pix tomorrow. What fun to see the ship today! - I'm still grinning from ear to ear!!! :cloud9:

MelissaE1
10-03-2005, 10:40 AM
How exciting to know she got there! I will be waving from that deck in 19 days! Woo hoo! :cool1:

I would love to see pics if you get them. Thanks for posting!

Verandah Man
10-03-2005, 10:46 AM
Woo Hoo! :cool1:

Driving in to work this morning, coming 'round the bend on 464 and...there she was!!! The Magic in drydock here in Norfolk!!!

ok, ok, I know she's been here a day or so, so y'all have probably been chatting it up, but I had forgotten, so I was that much more excited and surprised!!! :banana: :earseek: :earboy2:

...and just 11 months from now, I'll be up on the deck, waving down to the passers-by, instead of the other way around!

Will try to take and upload pix tomorrow. What fun to see the ship today! - I'm still grinning from ear to ear!!! :cloud9:

Actually Jen, I think we are down to 10 months and 2 weeks until we cruise on the Magic, not that I'm counting mind you, LOL!!!

If you get some pics, please do share them!!!

DisneyDmbNut
10-03-2005, 11:51 AM
I am so upset cause the Norfolk tower cam that had a view of the dock got hit by lightning last week!!!! AGH!!! I was looking forward to watching it in the docks!

lbgraves
10-03-2005, 06:21 PM
Look at WAVY TV10's website (www dot wavy dot com) and click on 'live tower cam 10' link to see the MAGIC.

Lisa

GreatDaneMom
10-03-2005, 06:24 PM
http://www.wavy.com/Global/story.asp?S=84862&nav=23ij0TFw

The direct link. I hope it works...

tinkryansmom
10-03-2005, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the link - cool picture! So excited for our cruise!!

MelissaE1
10-03-2005, 06:40 PM
Cool web cam! I did the "one hour loop" and you could see something (a crane maybe?) moving along the side of the Magic -- it was pretty neat.

lbgraves
10-03-2005, 06:46 PM
http://wavy.static.worldnow.com/images/incoming/tloop.gif

Here is the loop. The camera moved away from the ship though.

DonnettaR
10-03-2005, 07:00 PM
Yeah!!!!! :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cheer2:
I've got my Magic "fix" It is so neat to see her so close to home. Don't know if we will make down to Norfolk with gas at $3.15 a gallon,:sad: so if anyone goes, please, please take pictures :worship:

wltdsnyfan
10-03-2005, 07:18 PM
[QUOTE=Verandah Man]Actually Jen, I think we are down to 10 months and 2 weeks until we cruise on the Magic, not that I'm counting mind you, LOL!!!

Andy, not that I am counting either. I am only 9 months and three weeks away. How can you not count it down. It is such a grat time.

Hey! I just noticed this is my 500th post! :bounce: :cool1:

spectromagic fan
10-03-2005, 09:02 PM
My husband saw it on his way to work too--the sight always excites us. We don't have a cruise booked right now, so we'll have to enjoy her while she's here. We'll have to remember our good times and hope we can start making plans for our next cruise soon.

TMTIP
10-04-2005, 09:52 AM
I guess we will have to take a family trip to Norfolk this weekend. I wish they would offer a cruise for passengers from Norfolk back to Orlando--that would be great!

DonnettaR
10-04-2005, 10:15 AM
I guess we will have to take a family trip to Norfolk this weekend. I wish they would offer a cruise for passengers from Norfolk back to Orlando--that would be great!

Wouldn't that be neat except that the ship got there in a day way too short a cruise

PoohJen
10-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Ok, I dilligently took some pics as I rolled by in traffic this morning....but how do I upload them here? :confused3

I also saw her all lit up tonight; very pretty. Another thread on this site has a pic of it.

Verandah Man
10-04-2005, 10:10 PM
Ok, I dilligently took some pics as I rolled by in traffic this morning....but how do I upload them here? :confused3

I also saw her all lit up tonight; very pretty. Another thread on this site has a pic of it.

You can upload you photos into a www.photobucket.com account, then you can load the photos here quite easily by "copy and paste" the photo's url address.

GreatDaneMom
10-05-2005, 06:28 AM

PoohJen, you must be a good driver!! I tried to take a pic of the Carnival ship in the drydock last week so I could post it on Cruisecritic for some of the Carnival fans to enjoy. I came way too close to rear-ending the car in front of me and I didn't even get the ship in the picture. My hats off to you for getting a pic while driving. LOL!!! :moped: Sorry I can't help you with how to post it here.

Cheryl

steveandtonya
10-05-2005, 12:36 PM
Here is a webcam that is kind of blurry but shows the Magic in Norfolk.
http://www.wtkr.com/Global/story.asp?S=143757

Steve

PoohJen
10-05-2005, 02:13 PM
PoohJen, you must be a good driver!! My hats off to you for getting a pic while driving. LOL!!! Cheryl

LOL, I think some people would argue that wielding a camera while driving does not make a good driver! Let's just say that the ONLY benefit of bumper to bumper traffic is stopping long enough to snap a pic of the Magic! :rotfl: