PDA

View Full Version : Eastern, Or Western???

VintageKnight
10-02-2005, 09:10 PM
OK, which MAGICal encounter should we do?

Eastern?

Western?

Whats your experiences???

DVK

tvguy
10-02-2005, 09:28 PM
Eastern, one additional sea day, tropical ports.

Western, one additional port, less exotic ports.

We picked the Eastern because of the sea day and because we wanted our kids to see the Caribbean. However, since we truly believe the SHIP is the actual destination, either would be okay.

TheWog
10-03-2005, 11:05 AM
We chose Eastern for the extra day at sea. In 2007 it looks like we will be doing the Western, because we can. :teeth:

PoohJen
10-03-2005, 11:30 AM
Ditto the previous two experts! We picked the Eastern for our first cruise, because I wanted the extra day at sea. (It was all about the ship for me!)

Still, we're giving the Western a try in August, primarily for the two days at Castaway Cay! (Will be fun, but to be honest, an extra day at sea would be just fine by me!)

Either way, you won't go wrong! Have fun, and Happy Planning! :sunny: :cool1:

staceymerrill
10-03-2005, 04:31 PM
Western has better shopping ports (especially Coz) and Grand Cayman has the awesome Captain Marvin's snorkle/Stingray City excursion, and fun shopping and conch train tour in Key West

Eastern has the extra sea day for relaxation, as well as St John snorkle excursion.....

If you are a first time DCL cruiser, I would opt for the Western.....more adventure....

Otimon
10-03-2005, 04:57 PM
My vote is for the Western. We took it for our first 7-night cruise and liked it so much we chose the Western for a second cruise.

Whichever you choose, have a wonderful time.

VintageKnight
10-03-2005, 05:18 PM
We did the 3 night Wonder in May 2005, amazed us so much were doin the MAGIC in 2007...diodnt really like nasua(sp?) that much ( we were broke) but planning better this time around. That and it was mostly useless junk that we saw in the shops...

DVK

Tink&SquirtsMom
10-03-2005, 05:43 PM
I just came on here to post a similiar question. Dh and I have been going so nuts waiting for 2007 rates and at the same time compiling photo albums of our Wonder cruise as Christmas gifts for the kids great-grandparents (so that we were really reminiscing about our amazing trip), that we decided we should just book a 2006 cruise also... afterall how long are our kids gonna be young enough that they think a family dance party is cool??

No advice to you. I can't decide between 11-25-06 Eastern and 11-11-06 Western with Castaway Cay Double Dip (which to me evens out the Western with the Eastern since a day at Sea or Castaway are both Heaven to me).

My biggest dilema is that both itineraries seem lacking in good water excursions for the under 5yo (ds will be 4 then... he LOVED the dolphin excursion in Nassau and snorkeling... without breathing tube in Castaway Cay).

TheWog
10-04-2005, 08:50 AM
I just came on here to post a similiar question. Dh and I have been going so nuts waiting for 2007 rates and at the same time compiling photo albums of our Wonder cruise as Christmas gifts for the kids great-grandparents (so that we were really reminiscing about our amazing trip), that we decided we should just book a 2006 cruise also... afterall how long are our kids gonna be young enough that they think a family dance party is cool??

No advice to you. I can't decide between 11-25-06 Eastern and 11-11-06 Western with Castaway Cay Double Dip (which to me evens out the Western with the Eastern since a day at Sea or Castaway are both Heaven to me).

My biggest dilema is that both itineraries seem lacking in good water excursions for the under 5yo (ds will be 4 then... he LOVED the dolphin excursion in Nassau and snorkeling... without breathing tube in Castaway Cay).

I would do the double dip of Castaway Cay and book Stingray City (Grand Cayman) on your own through a local guide. You children would love it.