PDA

View Full Version : Rebooking Question

hunter6009
10-02-2005, 09:41 PM
I have found a great rate for a 2nd cruise in Sept. 06 through a TA on the Magic and I want to go ahead and book it. However, we will be cruising in Jan. 06 and I know if we book on board we can get a discount and some stateroom credit. We will also not be Castaway Cay members until we take our Jan. cruise. So how can I get the best of both worlds? Can I book through the TA, and then onboard the cruise, and then back to the TA to get the credit, discount, etc?

Thanks!

ivanova
10-03-2005, 03:19 AM
I would book with the TA and then while onboard see if the rebooking offer "beats" what you got through the TA. If so, cancel the original booking and rebook while onboard. If not, keep what you have. If you do rebook onboard you'll have to opportunity to leave it with your TA, or you can transfer it from DCL to your TA after you return home.

hunter6009
10-04-2005, 07:52 PM
The TA I spoke with today (that has a great rate) said that if I book with her, and then with Disney, and then back to her that she didn't think I could keep the $200 onboard credit. Is that correct? I thought it was transferrable? What's the point of being a CC member?

hunter6009
10-04-2005, 07:59 PM
The TA also said that "If the rates go down and they are not for first time bookings, I can easily adjust your booking rate to meet the new rate. I just ask that you keep an eye on the rates. I try to take notice, but with many clients I don't catch everything. Right now I don't see special rates for past passengers"....
What does a first time booking mean?

Thanks!

ivanova
10-04-2005, 11:46 PM
normally you can keep your $200 stateroom credit when transferring to a TA ... the only exception is if you move into a TA's group. So you either transfer to the TA and get their group discounted rate (losing your stateroom credit), or transfer to the TA keeping the rate you booked onboard (and your stateroom credit).