PDA

View Full Version : Disney Bazzill Color Swap ***SIGN UP NOW*** Due date 12/15

bubbasmom99
10-02-2005, 03:19 PM
I know there are alot of swaps still going on right now. This one is due 12/15. If there is interest, I will take signups for a 2nd group due in the new year so if you are swapped out right now, hang tight for the next round.

DUE DATE is DECEMBER 15th!! Accounting for holiday mail delays, these should be turned around to you by the end of December.

You will create elements to make a complete layout. Please make a 4x6 photo mat and 3 more elements of your choosing for your page kit:

Topper – 8 ½ inches
Set of 2 borders – 11 inches
Frame (4x6)
Tag (at least 2x3) – including fiber and/or eyelet
Journal box with at least 2x2 space
Monogram (at least 4x4)
Set of 4 deco squares
Song Lyric or poem
Set of 2 slide mounts
Library Pocket & Tag
Mini File Folder
License Plate Frame
Shaker Box
Paper Piecing
Eyelets/Brads (6) and Fiber/Ribbon (1 yard)
Matchbook
Anything else!?!? Open to new ideas and creativity!

Requirements:
**You must use at least 2 different colors of Bazzill cardstock in the colors listed for each character. You may use a 3rd or 4th color as an accent as well. Bazzill is available online at www.rockymountainhobbies.com, www.scrapsupply.com, or www.croppinparadise.com (among other places - please post if you know of a good source!) if you don’t want to scour your local scrapbook store. Please keep track of the exact colors you use and share them with the group so we can purchase additional cardstock to match when making our layouts.
**Each item must be double matted and/or embellished twice.
**Please, no handwritten items. Use computer generated type only.
**Use acid-free/lignin-free adhesives & embellishments.

Groups are as follows - I will create extra groups if there is interest.

Group 1 - The Fab 5 – You will make 5 kits.
Mickey – Red, White, Black, Yellow
Minnie – Red, White, Black, Yellow
Donald – Red, Blue, Yellow
Goofy - Orange, Blue, Lemon-Lime, Black
Pluto – Gold, Black, Green

Group 2 - Pooh and Friends – You will make 4 kits.
Pooh – Gold, Red, Black
Tigger – Black, Orange, Yellow
Piglet – Light Pink, Dark Pink, White
Eeyore – Blue/Grey, Black, Pink

Group 3 - Princesses – You will make 6 kits
Ariel – Green, Red, Lavender
Belle – light yellow, dark yellow, white
Cinderella – Blue, Light Blue, White
Jasmine – Black, Teal, Amber
Sleeping Beauty – Pink, Dark Pink, Light Pink, White
Snow White – Red, White, Yellow, Dark Blue

Group 4 - Generic colors -- your choice -- you will make 5 kits

Group 1A - Fab 5 - ****FULL****
1. Ohana 4 - Goofy
2. heather31 - Mickey
3. Mickeyteacher - Donald
4. pjpoohbear - Minnie
5. mommie2angels - Pluto

Group 1B - Fab 5
1. MaryPoppinsLives - Goofy
2. Momof2DisneyKids - Mickey

Group 2A - Pooh & Friends - ****FULL****
1. heather31 - Pooh
2. MickeyTeacher - Tigger
3. Ohana 4 - Piglet
4. MaryPoppinsLives - Eeyore

Group 2B - Pooh & Friends

Group 3A - Princesses - ****FULL****
1. bubbasmom99 - Sleeping Beauty
2. Soccer Princess - Cinderella
3. heather31 - Snow White
4. Mickeyteacher - Jasmine
5. WDWMom - Ariel
6. Momof2DisneyKids - Belle

Group 3B - Princesses
1. WDWMom - Belle
2. MaryPoppinsLives - Jasmine
3. Ohana 4 - Cinderella
4. pjpoohbear - Sleeping Beauty

Group 4 - Generic Colors
1. Mickeyteacher - Teal
2. Ohana 4 - Purple

Group 5 - Other Characters - ****FULL****
1. wdwprincess - Tinkerbell
2. pjpoohbear - Chip 'n Dale
3. bubbasmom99 - Lilo & Stitch
4. Ohana 4 - Cruella
5. DisneyFreakJackie - Woody & Jessie

Ohana 4
10-02-2005, 03:31 PM
I'll play. I'll take Goofy please with Topper, Journal box and Shaker box.

bubbasmom99
10-02-2005, 03:49 PM
Thanks!!

You don't have to specify your elements at this time if you're not sure, BTW.

Ohana 4
10-02-2005, 03:50 PM
Okay, then I may change that shaker box if my eyes are bigger than my creativity :earseek:

Soccer Princess
10-02-2005, 04:46 PM
I'll play! I will do Cinderella with my tentative elements being a Topper, Song Lyric or Poem and 4 decorative squares. When do we need to know our elements for sure?
Thanks for hosting!

heather31
10-02-2005, 05:07 PM
I want to play!!!! I haven't done a swap in forever and we are going to Disneyworld in January, so I am going to need lots of stuff!!!

I want a spot in each group

Group 1 - Mickey (Minnie is 2nd choice)
Group 2 - Pooh
Group 3 - Tinkerbell

***ETA***sorry, I thought Tinkerbell was there, but she is not, sign me up for Snow White in the princess group.

Thanks!
Heather

Mickeyteacher
10-02-2005, 05:32 PM
I would like:
Group 1: DOnald
Group 2: Tigger
Group 3: Jasmine
Group 4: Teal
I will let you know elements as soon as I shop. (Is that ok?)
Thanks,
Shawna

bubbasmom99
10-02-2005, 05:39 PM
heather31 - if you want to do Tinkerbell colors, you could do them for the generic group....

Since you're making a page kit, it doesn't really matter to me when you decide on your elements, since duplication is okay. I know that sometimes, you have one idea and you wind up wanting to change your mind when you get down to actually putting them together, so no pressure to stick to your original idea!

heather31
10-02-2005, 05:55 PM
no, I think I will stick to the three groups, I don't want to bite off more than I can chew at this point.

Ohana 4
10-02-2005, 05:56 PM
Since we're all doing multiples, can I also have Piglet in group 2, Belle in group 3 and Purple in the color group?

WDWMom
10-02-2005, 06:18 PM
DD will do Tinkerbelle in generic group... wdwprincess-keli light green and yellow.

I will cut out "Ariel", squares and tags

Not sure what I will do yet. DD will do fibers/ribbon and eyelets, Will cut out the name "tinkerbell" on the Sidekick, and to poem.

pjpoohbear
10-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Group 1- Minnie
Group 2 - Eeyore
Group 3 - Ariel
Group 4 - Brown/Beige (ie Chip and Dale!)

Penny

mommie2angels
10-02-2005, 10:35 PM
I would like Pluto in Group 1 please. Thanks!

pjpoohbear
10-03-2005, 12:47 AM
Joy, Since I am in Group 3B, can I change my princess to Sleeping Beauty?

Thanks
Penny

bubbasmom99
10-03-2005, 12:52 AM
You got it! Anyone else want to switch around since I added extra groups?

pjpoohbear
10-03-2005, 01:15 AM
Thanks!

Penny

MaryPoppinsLives
10-03-2005, 07:13 AM
Count me in for
Group 1B - Goofy
Group 2B - Eeyore
Group 3B - Jasmine

Thanks

Ohana 4
10-03-2005, 09:11 AM
If you're offering, I'd like to change to Cinderella in the second group.
And add me to the "other" character list for Cruella. Thank you!

MomOf2DisneyKids
10-03-2005, 04:39 PM
I'm in! :Pinkbounc

How about Mickey for group 1B....and...

ETA: actually, it looks like Belle is open for group 3A now, right?? If so, I'll take that one, to fill up that group.

Thanks, Joy!!

(I'm thinking about another group....am I NUTS??)

disneyfreakjackie
10-03-2005, 11:07 PM
OTHER CHARACTERS: Woody/Jessie :cheer2:

WDWMom
10-04-2005, 08:30 AM
OK, add me to group 3B Belle. I think I can handle 2 of these.

Soccer Princess
10-04-2005, 11:41 AM
Are we allowed to use a different brand printed paper for some of our elements in addition to the Bazzill or strictly Bazzill? Thanks!

bubbasmom99
10-04-2005, 11:46 AM
PP can be used as an embellishment. The main criteria is to use Bazzill as the base...

Soccer Princess
10-04-2005, 11:51 AM
Thanks! Going to my LSS tomorrow... :cool1:

scrapcreator
10-05-2005, 08:45 AM
I am swapped out right now, so I will look forward to another Bazzill Color Swap in the new year :goodvibes

Jeanne

galtscrapper
10-06-2005, 12:49 AM
Hey, if everyone was agreeable to making that extras group a Make 6 instead (or if you opened a second group), I could SO do The Incredibles! Colors would be red, yellow, and black, I'd do mini file folders, slide mounts, and perhaps a shaker box or library pocket card and tag... since I've done these kits for my own kit swap, I've got a pretty good idea of how they go together, so it'll be easy for me to do! It's about all I'm ready to take on right now though... my own kit swap is due Dec 1st, and I've STILL got a lot of empty spots I can't seem to fill so will probably end up doing myself.

Let me know if anyone is interested... it'll be a GREAT kit and Bazzill is easy to come by in this area.

Sarah

Ohana 4
10-06-2005, 06:41 AM
The Incredibles would be great. I have pictures of them I need to use somehow!

bubbasmom99
10-06-2005, 11:29 AM
Let's see if we get any more interest in creating another character group -- if not, then we can probably extend the group to 6 (if everyone is agreeable). I like to keep them small and stress-free, especially at this time of year!

Everyone -- I totally forgot (how could I!) that I am going to WDW on the 16th of December -- so either make sure you go postal at least a week before the 15th or you'll have to wait till after Christmas for me to mail (we're back on the 23rd).

galtscrapper
10-06-2005, 01:24 PM
Yea, I hear ya on the stress levels that time of year. The amount of items you want is pretty much a "no biggie" to me for a kit swap... my own kit swap is pretty demanding... 3-4 photomats, jbox or poem, title somewhere (though doesn't have to be a title box...I've used slide mounts to create a title), and then 2-3 more items, so it FILLS 2 pages. So it requires a lot of work...worth it, absolutely worth it... but yours seems easy in comparison, lol... Anyway, we'll see what everyone else thinks, I'm hoping it goes over, because I really like the kits that are already being done for this group...

Sarah

heather31
10-11-2005, 06:42 AM
Has any final details been posted for this swap? I am working on getting my stuff done and hopefully I can get it mailed off in the next couple of weeks.

Heather

havencruiser
10-11-2005, 07:01 AM
Hi! Please include me in the swap that starts in January. I don't want to overextend myself to squeeze into this one. With the holidays and our upcoming Disney Christmas cruise and trip, I can't manage it now.
Thanks! :cool1:

MomOf2DisneyKids
10-15-2005, 05:30 PM
Hi!
Are we just going with the groups that are full?
If anyone in the second princess group (which is not full) wants to do Belle in group 3A and get in on the complete group, I would be happy to give that up. (Not flaking here, just don't "need" to have this stuff, so if someone else wants it, no prob!) Just LMK! :wave:

WDWMom
10-16-2005, 12:29 PM
I am in the second princess group and I don't find just doing/getting 4 so we can keep it together.

bubbasmom99
10-17-2005, 02:20 AM
Well ladies, I have never seen a swap *not* fill, so I am not sure how to proceed with the incomplete groups.

Any ideas or suggestions? I can pick up an extra group myself, but we have a few more slots than that. I can combine the leftover groups into one big group but that would mean that people may receive pieces back from characters they don't really want.

???

galtscrapper
10-17-2005, 02:38 AM
From experience, that's hardly ever the case... well, once in awhile it is. Some suggestions, from my experience with kit swaps:

Move the due date back... having it in the middle of Dec may be scaring people off of joining... too much going on at that time for most. Kit swaps are just SOOO complicated, it's not even funny. I've hostessed three of these things, and I have a real love/hate relationship with them.
Find out what combination of groups would be good for people.. personally, I'd take anything back... I can use any character eventually. Of course, I've got tons of Mickey/Minnie/Pooh/TIgger/Cinderella/Aurora, etc, so characters "off the beaten path" are definitely more welcome...
I have an "extras" category in my current kit swap... the idea being that if someone flakes on the spot, the person in the extras group with that character will get that spot. Otherwise, they get what I've got extras of back... it's a pot luck kind of thing, makes it interesting! :)

Not too many people responded to my offer to make The Incredibles... I guess there was one reply, so if you don't want to go with six for that group, then I will just wait for another opportunity. I'm a TOUCH burnt out right now anyway, and we MAY be moving to Mexico in Jan, so I'm hesitant to sign up for ANYTHING right now.

Sarah

WDWMom
10-17-2005, 09:47 AM
Joy,

Why don't we just add the generic and 3b together to make one group??? Would be fine with me. I have already purchased and started my elements for the 3B group and planned on 6. Not sure what to do about the Fab 5 group.

I wouldn't mind pushing the deadline back, but I think you would have to push it way into Jan so everyone not wanting to do it now would be able to get over the holidays before starting. I am fine with it now too.

I really don't see this as being difficult as the above poster said. Four elements for 6 people is no biggie. Not after doing the old swaps of 40 or 80 when we had 20 poeple in a swap. This is rather refreshing to do a combo of elements and they are completed quickly because you are only doing 5-6.

JMO

Spinning
10-17-2005, 10:03 AM
Bummer I missed some of the ones I wanted to try. So I will be on the look out for the next one!
I jsut got this wonderful rose from my Wizzard cutting system. Perfect for Belle!
Hopefully next time!

MomOf2DisneyKids
10-17-2005, 03:46 PM
Bummer I missed some of the ones I wanted to try. So I will be on the look out for the next one!
I jsut got this wonderful rose from my Wizzard cutting system. Perfect for Belle!
Hopefully next time!

Hi! Did you see my post above about Belle? LMK!

As for the other fab 5 group, I'm happy dropping that and would reconsider doing it if it opens up again next year....

Spinning
10-17-2005, 04:37 PM
Ok if it is ok with the host I will take your Belle spot. If you had Mickey in the Fab 5 group I will also take that.
Thanks
I love this new toy of mine! I can emboss!

MomOf2DisneyKids
10-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Ok if it is ok with the host I will take your Belle spot. If you had Mickey in the Fab 5 group I will also take that.
Thanks
I love this new toy of mine! I can emboss!

Sounds great! Joy, what do you think? And yes, I had Mickey in the other group, so you're welcome to that if that group ends up happening!
Thanks! Cool about your new toy too! :wave:

Mickeyteacher
10-17-2005, 06:25 PM
change to another princess and do something for both princess groups. Since we are just starting to take our kids to WDW, I will have pictures to scrap for a long time. Just let me know.
Shawna

bubbasmom99
10-17-2005, 07:19 PM
Okay, here are my thoughts --
Combine group 1B with Group 4 so that would be:

MaryPoppinsLives - Goofy
Momof2DisneyKids OR Spinning - Mickey
MickeyTeacher - Teal
Ohana 4 - Purple
OPEN - (either GaltScrapper with Incredibles colors or if both Momof2 & Spinning want to stay in the group....)

Spinning can take Belle in the Princess Group 3a
Mickey Teacher can add on in Princess Group 3b (choice of Cinderella or Ariel)
And we have one spot left in Princess Group 3b and if nobody else wants it, I can make an extra set so I will have extras for my little princess's scrapbook.

Any other thoughts?

Spinning
10-17-2005, 08:25 PM
DOesn't really matter to me. If the group falls apart (the one with Mickey) that is fine. I can wait till the next round. I really wanted to do Belle! :goodvibes So just let me know.

Spinning
10-18-2005, 06:35 AM
do the eyelets have to be bazzil if we are using them in the swap item, say for the tags?
Also do the fibers need to be bazzill? again if using in the swap item.

Actually do those items need to be bazzill if we are purchasing them for the swap?

WDWMom
10-18-2005, 07:58 AM
do the eyelets have to be bazzil if we are using them in the swap item, say for the tags?
Also do the fibers need to be bazzill? again if using in the swap item.

Actually do those items need to be bazzill if we are purchasing them for the swap?

Good question. Not sure I can get Bazzil eyelets and fibers at my LSS and I don't shop online - DH sees the credit card bill so I shop with cash at my LSS. :earseek:

Spinning
10-21-2005, 01:54 PM
Has this swap offically started? I didn't see my name added to the list. Also do I not have to worry about doing anything Mickey? Just Belle?

Soccer Princess
10-21-2005, 02:04 PM
Since the question about Bazzill eyelets and fibers wasn't answered yet, I went ahead and purchased/starting making my elements with NON-Bazzill brads/eyelets/fibers. I hope this is okay with everyone in my group? They will be cute though, I promise :)

bubbasmom99
10-21-2005, 02:22 PM
Sorry everyone -- a little swamped here...

Bazzill cardstock as the base is the only real requirement... you can use other brand stuff as embellishment, though it should coordinate color-wise with the theme.

I will post a final details list here soon!

Spinning
10-23-2005, 01:15 PM
ok
Even thought I am not 100% sure if I am in this swap, I headed to my LSS, (hey it was reason enough that I might need supplies! :rotfl2: )
and my LSS is really sad...
We all know you can only get bazzill paper either on line or at a LSS....so you would think this store would carry a good selection...NOT! She had NO WHITE! 1 Shade of yellow...NO BLack...She keeps pointing me to other paper I look at her and said I need bazzill that is what I came for and signed up for!
She is a really nice lady but I can't imagine this store lasting...

So I hate be be a burdan but I really need to know if I am in or not and if so am I just doing Belle or Mickey also. Because if I am in then I have to take a road trip! :rotfl: and have an excuse as to why I need to drive an hour to one store! :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: That store has everything a scrapper could dream of!

bubbasmom99
10-23-2005, 02:19 PM
I just posted a new thread with final details at:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=10348898#post10348898

GaltScrapper/Sarah - I'm not sure if you're in or out, so I put a question mark next to you... please confirm whether or not you want to participate.

MickeyTeacher - did you want Ariel or Cinderella?

One more princess slot is available.

I can also make Group 4 a group of 4 swappers if nobody signs up for the last slot, but I'd like to make the princess group a complete set of 6 if possible.

Thanks!!--and sorry for the delay.

galtscrapper
10-28-2005, 02:24 PM
The message that this was here ended up in my bulk email. I can certainly participate, if no one else minds doing 6 kits... I'll happily take on The Incredibles. Just let me know (if at all possible via private email, since a lot of the messages directing me here are ending up in my bulk email)

Sarah

ksjayhawks
10-28-2005, 04:02 PM
If group 1B is still open for Donald. I would like to have it. :flower:

galtscrapper
11-12-2005, 05:52 PM
Okay, I haven't seen any updates... am I in, or not? I don't mind putting together 6 Incredibles kits for the Others group, just need to know whether or not to go ahead. I'm working on my own kit swap, so won't probably start on this til the 1st of Dec, so I FEEL like I have time.

Let me know.

Sarah

Spinning
11-12-2005, 07:48 PM
You must have missed the final update thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=942162
I didn't see your name on the final list. Mommie2angels is doing the incredables.

bubbasmom99
11-13-2005, 12:17 AM
Sorry - I was looking for more participants, but on the new thread, so this one probably got buried a few pages back. I think we'll do another Bazzill swap in the new year, as a few people indicated they wanted to wait until after the holidays. Watch for sign-ups!

Keep an eye out too in case we need an angel. The due date is still a month away and with the holidays coming up, you can never be sure if something might happen...

mommie2angels
11-13-2005, 12:23 PM
Sarah, if you would still like to do The Incredibles you can certainly have it. I do not mind at all. Since they were looking for someone to fill the spot I just thought I would. I have not started on it yet and have to do Pluto too. I really didn't need to sign up for another swap any way. Please let me know if you would like to do. Thanks!

galtscrapper
11-13-2005, 03:41 PM
I think I'm going to pass. I need the characters in group 5 more, so it won't really work for me. It looks like an easy enough swap, but I am concerned my own kit swap is going to be overdue, and I'm going to be scrambling to find angels, angel spots myself, etc... everything that happens to a hostess at the end of any large and difficult swap. But since I'd said I would do it, I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything... I'm sure there will be other swaps I can join. However, I am STILL not sure how I'm going to handle swaps from Mexico (assuming we actually move there) so may have to stop swapping. We shall see what the new year brings.

Thank you anyway! :)

Sarah

Spinning
11-15-2005, 06:53 AM
I'm DONE! YEAH! I was surprised this went so much faster than some of the other swaps I have been in. Not sure if it was because of being themed kit pages! But I really had fun! Hope everyone likes it!
I haven't swapped in so long because I jsut got burned out with the pressure to come up with 24 or more of the same thing....got boring I think. Even though with this one I made a the same amount in the end!
Well I hope to get it in the mail by the end of the week!
Thanks for hosting!

PIRATEGIRL007
11-15-2005, 09:48 PM
Your done! already! I am starting to flip out. I had all week last week planned to get this done, but we were struck with some tradgedy in our family and I havn't got anything done! I got my shopping finished last week before our problems started and sadly my new stuff is still sitting in the car! I am off tommarrow and have my plans all set up to start after taking care of some important business. Hopefully I can get done before I come back to work on Friday! Then I've gotta get packing, 19 days till Disney!

Spinning
11-16-2005, 06:47 AM
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope things improve.
I have to jump start on any projects that have a due date. I have a tendancy to put things off...so I start right away. Plus I had some new toys I wanted to play with!

MaryPoppinsLives
11-17-2005, 11:16 AM
The instructions say "Please make a 4x6 photo mat and 3 more elements of your choosing for your page kit"......

Do we also need to send sheet(s) of 12x12 card stock for the background or only the photo mat and 3 elements??

Thanks

bubbasmom99
11-17-2005, 04:51 PM
Nope -- just the page elements. I think shipping would start to get expensive if we included 12x12 paper/cardstock. However, if you know the name of the colors of Bazzill you used, that would be helpful if we wanted to purchase more to match...

PIRATEGIRL007
11-18-2005, 04:25 PM
I have Ariel as my swap princess and i was thinking of doing a paper piecing to go with the kit. I have a really cute pattern for sebastian and flounder, but nothing that cute for ariel. Those in that group, would you mind getting Ariels' friends to go with Ariel page. I have still used the Ariel colors for everything else, but I just want to do a cute little pp to go with it. I can still keep searching for an Ariel peicing if you would rather. Any comments/ideas?

Thanks
Tabitha

Ohana 4
11-18-2005, 04:28 PM
I don't mind at all. I think it would be really cute to add Ariel's friends on her page.

WDWMom
11-18-2005, 04:31 PM
I think I'm in that group and it sounds great to me.

Spinning
11-18-2005, 09:37 PM
Works for me!

WDWMom
01-03-2006, 10:47 AM
I received my package today. Great job everyone.

I have one ? Joy. I sent 6 sets to you in group 3B, but only received 5 back. I know there were only 4 at end. Just wondering????

Spinning
01-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Got my stuff today too! Very nice job ladies! I do like the fact that it was page kits! Makes everything very usuable! Thanks for hosting!

Ohana 4
01-03-2006, 03:45 PM
Got my package today and just glanced through it since I have to work today, I'll get to really look through it on Thursday.
Thanks everyone!

heather31
01-03-2006, 04:26 PM
got my package today! Everything looks great! This was a fun swap, thanks to everyone involved!

bubbasmom99
01-03-2006, 05:57 PM
I received my package today. Great job everyone.

I have one ? Joy. I sent 6 sets to you in group 3B, but only received 5 back. I know there were only 4 at end. Just wondering????

Do you know which one you're missing? I will check and see if I have it here... I'm so sorry -- I got a little crazy at the end with trying to make sure everyone got something different for their "extra".

PIRATEGIRL007
01-03-2006, 06:31 PM
I got mine today, too. Thanks everyone, everything looks great. I would love to do another page kit swap like this again.