PDA

View Full Version : Ground transfer - motorcoach - question

miatamel
10-02-2005, 02:41 PM
Can someone tell me if the motorcoaches leave the airport only at certain times or whenever they have a passenger come in? We're coming in the day of the cruise and I'm trying to figure out exactly how late it is I'm going to get to the port.
Thanks!

ragdoll
10-02-2005, 06:48 PM
The busses leave when they are full or almost full. We never had a long wait. I'm not positive, but I think the last bus leaves around 2 o'clock. It takes about 45 minutes to get to the port.

tvguy
10-02-2005, 09:42 PM
They held our ship for three busloads of late passengers. They didn't arrive until 5:30 pm, and I swear those buses were squealing their tires getting there.
Rumor was that several flights were late, and these folks had all booked the air and bus transfers through Disney, so Disney held the ship for them. Of course, knowing you had 100+ passengers that hadn't checked in yet might also be reason enough to hold the ship, even if they didn't book through Disney.

miatamel
10-02-2005, 10:00 PM
So we could feasibly be sitting there for hours waiting for the bus to fill? Wow, that oughtta be fun with two toddlers!

ragdoll
10-02-2005, 10:52 PM
No, you will not have to wait for hours for busses to fill. Usually it is just a matter of minutes. A lot of people are flying in the day of the cruise and the busses do fill quickly. Really, it will not be a problem. We have done eight Disney cruises and find the bus transportation to be very convenient. I am a worrier and I can honestly tell you not to stress over this. It will go smoothly.

Mickey&JoshNut
10-03-2005, 04:40 AM
We were on the May Repo cruise and our flight arrived in Orlando at 12:30 pm and our bus didn't leave until 1:50 pm. DCL apparently was waiting on some flights that were delayed and they were reluctant to send our bus on its way with only 10 people onboard....finally at 1:45 the DCL representative came onboard our bus and advised we would leaving in 5 minutes...no additional passengers got onboard and the bus departed with the same 10 people onboard. When we got to the Port at 2:45 pm (got delayed by an accident on the highway) I was talking to the CM who was checking us in and commented that being the last to arrive, we had the teminal to ourselves...that was when I found out that DCL was still waiting for over 300 people to arrive due to delayed flights.

I would be prepared to wait, just in case. I wish we had had snacks and water with us as I had no idea we would be waiting that long on the bus and DCL would not let you get off the bus once you were on.

In the future, I will be flying in the day before the cruise, just to be on the safe side.

miatamel
10-03-2005, 09:53 AM
I meant to add another question about the coach--are there car seats onboard or available? I hate to lug a car seat just for a 45 minute ride coming and going, but will worry about it otherwise. Surely a family cruise like Disney thinks about these kinds of things?

msr709
10-05-2005, 11:09 AM
I meant to add another question about the coach--are there car seats onboard or available? I hate to lug a car seat just for a 45 minute ride coming and going, but will worry about it otherwise. Surely a family cruise like Disney thinks about these kinds of things?

I understand that there are NO car seats on the buses. Not required by law on a bus.

leanne2255
10-05-2005, 07:22 PM
Does anyone know what time the first bus leaves in the morning? We are flying in the night before and would hate to wait until the afternoon to board.

Jasmine5
10-09-2005, 03:24 PM
We are also arriving in Orlando the day before our cruise. Is there an alternative to lugging all of our luggage with us for the day/night? Could there possibly be a place to store bags for 5 people?