PDA

View Full Version : Magic Stateroom Phones !

whome?
10-02-2005, 02:21 PM
Can you record your own greeting on your stateroom phone (as you can in some hotels)? OR...can you leave a message for someone without actually RINGING their room?

Here's why I ask.....my friend may be booking on my cruise now and I'm sure our staterooms won't be nearby or even the same deck. I'm an early riser, she's not. I'd like to be able to have my phone greeting let her know where I've started my day (deck 7 or 4 with a cup of tea, laundry room, Topsiders), so she can find me when she's up. I don't want to ring her room and wake her.

Thanks!

BethC1952
10-02-2005, 02:35 PM
I've never been on Magic, but I would imagine that the phone systems on both ships are similar. Yes, you can record your own message. Usually when we get to our room, the phone is already flashing with a message explaining how to do it!

Beth

cotomom
10-02-2005, 04:42 PM
Can you record your own greeting on your stateroom phone (as you can in some hotels)? OR...can you leave a message for someone without actually RINGING their room?

Here's why I ask.....my friend may be booking on my cruise now and I'm sure our staterooms won't be nearby or even the same deck. I'm an early riser, she's not. I'd like to be able to have my phone greeting let her know where I've started my day (deck 7 or 4 with a cup of tea, laundry room, Topsiders), so she can find me when she's up. I don't want to ring her room and wake her.

Thanks!
Yes, you can record own greeting. hth

whome?
10-02-2005, 07:30 PM
Thanks! :cool1:

smilingmouse
10-02-2005, 10:43 PM
As others have said, you can rexord your own greeting, but I don't think you can leave a message without ringing the room. The phone rang before I was able to leave a message.

Hope this helps!