PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever went from regular verandah to Navigator's?

UGAFan0829
10-02-2005, 10:38 AM
The DH and I are thinking of switching from a cat. 5 to a 7 just to save a little money. I was just wondering how "obstructed" your view reall is, and if we would notice a big difference. Last time we cruised, we had a cat. 5, but it was one of the solid verandahs. The verandah did make me a little nervous, so I was thinking that maybe the Navigator would make me feel a little safe, can anyone offer their experiences? Thanks!!

WDWLVR
10-02-2005, 11:11 AM
Our first two cruises were in regular verandah's. Both plexiglass. One a cat 5 one a cat 6. Then we tried the cat 7 and fell in love. All of our cruises since then (except for one 4 day in a cat 8) have been in the cat 7 and that is what we will continue to try for them from now on.

I love the fact that it is more enclosed - makes it seem much more private. I also love the padded bench out there. My favorite place to go with a good book especially on sea days.

kab407
10-02-2005, 11:17 AM
UGA - I'm doing this for my Oct 2006 trip, going from a Cat.6 to a Cat.7. Was thinking of doing either a Cat. 8 or 9. It came down to I really like being able to sit outside in my PJ's having a cup of coffee in the morning. (I don't think this would go over to well on Deck9. God forbid I embarass my family by being seen outside the room in my Mickey PJ's!) :rotfl2:

UGAFan0829
10-02-2005, 11:22 AM
Thanks for sharing y'all...I appreciate it, and it makes me feel better. I just called DCL and had our ressie changed from the cat. 5 to the 7...it saved us $280..that's pretty awesome. :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :banana: :teeth: