PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions (cake styles), please!!

Mary626
10-02-2005, 01:30 AM
Hello,

I am trying to decide between the following cakes.. Antebellum or castle in the clouds... they come out to about the same price.. They are photomanipped btw with the crystal cake topper we are planing on using. I love the classic look of the antibellum, but the castle in the clouds would go well with our theme - blue and silver colors.. and I could add a few imprints of silver mickey shapes to the top layer that would also go well with my theme. Would love to hear your opinions on it, thank you!!!! ::MinnieMo

http://jimcorbin.homestead.com/files/cake-antibellum_manip.jpg

http://jimcorbin.homestead.com/files/cake-castle_in_clouds_manipped.jpg

ely3857
10-02-2005, 06:35 AM
Hello,

I am trying to decide between the following cakes.. Antebellum or castle in the clouds... they come out to about the same price.. They are photomanipped btw with the crystal cake topper we are planing on using. I love the classic look of the antibellum, but the castle in the clouds would go well with our theme - blue and silver colors.. and I could add a few imprints of silver mickey shapes to the top layer that would also go well with my theme. Would love to hear your opinions on it, thank you!!!! ::MinnieMo

Personally I prefer the second cake. They are both beautifull but the second is less fussy.

:flower:

Jodie

MApigletfan
10-02-2005, 07:46 AM
My vote is for the second one, castle in the clouds, it is so pretty and in my opinion the cake topper looked better on the second one and if the colors match your theme than all is good.

Mommy Poppins
10-02-2005, 08:25 AM
I love #2 as well!

hmgolden
10-02-2005, 09:36 AM
I vote for #2 too!

Rustyflwr3
10-02-2005, 11:41 AM
I vote for #2!! :-D

Tinkerbelle14
10-02-2005, 11:51 AM
Vote for #2

RangerPooh
10-02-2005, 11:52 AM
My vote's for #2. Both are very pretty.

Luvndisney
10-02-2005, 12:24 PM
#2 will go better with your theme and colors :)

Mary626
10-02-2005, 12:31 PM
Thank you so much for the replies!! The second was my favorite too, but my fiance likes the antibellum. Still a hard choice but I really appreciate all the input!

popeyeohoh
10-02-2005, 12:42 PM
Yes, the second one would be my choice. Especially because of the color scheme. Both are beautiful.

Ember
10-02-2005, 12:48 PM
I also vote for #2! What flavours are you doing??

TexasCourt
10-02-2005, 01:08 PM
My vote is for #2, very pretty, by the way, are you having a custom or intimate wedding?

Snow_White
10-02-2005, 08:57 PM
Another vote for #2 :)

952LisaR
10-02-2005, 10:17 PM
i like #2

Mary626
10-03-2005, 02:23 AM
Ember: Not sure which flavors to choose yet. i think one will be yellow cake with bavarian cream and fresh strawberries. Not sure about the second one yet!! So hard to choose they all sound so good!

Texascourt: I am having a custom wedding :)

Wow everyone seems to be unanimous! Thanks again everyone! I will let you know what I end up choosing - if I ever do make up my mind lol.

:earsgirl:

*DisneyBride*
10-03-2005, 07:56 AM
another one for #2 :earsgirl:

AnnaBelle06
10-03-2005, 09:29 AM
My vote is #2, it's breathtaking... =

mishtb
10-03-2005, 11:54 AM
i vote # 2

Luvndisney
10-03-2005, 05:01 PM
I know it must be so hard to make this decision. In the end gow with what your gut is telling you. Both of these cakes would be wonderful and are beautiful! I think that based on your colors the #2 cake is perfect, but number 1 can be altered to meet your color needs. The flower color could be changed...etc.

Good luck!

missourimom
10-03-2005, 06:58 PM
I personally like the first one, but I'd see if you could custom the two together so you both get what you want :earsgirl:

kegafford
10-03-2005, 08:00 PM
Frist the like the second becsaue it matches your colors. Next question if I am not to nosey how much is a cake like this.

Wish book does not tell you how much everything is:(

Mary626
10-03-2005, 08:28 PM
These two cakes are priced per person, as $9.50 and $8.50 respectively, using real floral as opposed to flowers shaped from sugarpaste (which are more expensive). I'm pretty sure the price already includes tax & gratuity, but not sure.

So since I have between 50-60 guests, the price will be about $475- $570 for the first, or $425-$510 for the second. Each cake tells you how many people it can feed, like between 50-255 people for the first, etc. There are some cakes that are priced just per cake, like the mad hatter cake, which is about $980 and feeds about 100 people, I think.

I'm glad almost everyone likes the second cake, a few of my friends said it looked like a bush landed on it, or that it had won a beauty pageant and was wearing a sash, but I think it is pretty darnit!! But since my fiance really likes the first cake and I've been making almost ALL of the other decisions , I know I will always feel slightly guilty if I dont pick the cake he wanted.

So I think I will be going with the antibellum. Luckily I love them both. Just loved the second one a little bit more lol. Thanks again for the input, you guys are great!

Gillian
10-03-2005, 08:33 PM
I really like the second cake, but I think the blue flowers look a little strange. The cake is simple and beautiful, but the flowers are maybe a little too much for its plain lines. I guess I like natural looking flowers more.

The first cake is also very pretty, and the flowers look in proportion. The topper looks nice on it, and matches the style. :)

IntheKnow
10-04-2005, 03:33 AM
Hello,

Here's an option......

Ask for blue fondant to cover the cake, and replace the bows at each swag with a silver Mickey head. This may cost you a bit more, but worth asking!

Mary626
10-04-2005, 04:21 AM
Here's an option......

Ask for blue fondant to cover the cake, and replace the bows at each swag with a silver Mickey head. This may cost you a bit more, but worth asking!

I was thinking about the mickey's instead of the bows too, good idea!! I will have to try to photoshop it to see how it might look. Thanks for the ideas!!

D&R love Disney
10-04-2005, 09:15 AM
I like the second cake too.

fun2bmomof3
10-04-2005, 10:02 AM
I personally like cake number 1. You know you don't have to have a cake just as it is pictured, a cake decorator will usually change things for you. Like if you wanted white instead of ivory fondant; no problem, blue flowers instead of pink also not a problem and I'm sure they get request for mickey heads all the time and since these are usually made out of royal icing ahead of time and then put on the cake making mickeys won't be any harder than the bows and so shouldn't cost more.
If you wanted to incorporate silver into the cake you could ask them to lightly use silver luster over the fondant to give it a slight silvery sparkley look; now that would cost you extra, but shouldn't be too expensive.
Just my opinion.

crissy

Moonbeams
10-04-2005, 08:46 PM
Another vote for #1!