PDA

View Full Version : Interesting DCL Survey Question

hAm53
10-01-2005, 09:15 PM
I just wanted to share something interesting that I was just asked in a DCL Survery (we cruised on 9/8 and got a postcard inthe mail the other day asking us to fill an online survey).

the question was if we cruised in the next 5 years, how would we feel about the following potential itineraries for a cruise:

POTENTIAL ITINERARIES

3- or 4-night Mexico (out of California)

7-night Mexican Riviera (out of California)

7-night Alaska

7-night Mediterranean

7-night Bermuda

I figured the Alaska one was common knowledge, especially with the 3rd ship on the drawing board, one can be docked in CA for good. but the Mediterranean cruise caught me. That mean the ship would be based out of Europe? I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't be able to make it from FL to Europe in 3 days, only to have 1 day at port. Although I'd hate to lose a boat from the US, as a stockholder i see it as a good opportunity to hit a new market.

There was also a question about how interested we'd be in a live art auction on board. That might be kind of neat.

Just though I'd share.

krhardy
10-01-2005, 10:02 PM
I filled out this exact survey after my 7/24/04 cruise...I guess they're trying to figure out where to put a potential 3rd, and maybe even a 4th ship. From what I've heard, it is much cheaper for the companies to build 2 ships almost simultaneously, so if there is the demand for something European, considering that there are parks there, that might be something they would consider in the future.

Chris17uk
10-02-2005, 01:08 PM
Living here in the uk I would like nothing more than to see DCL have a ship sailing round the med, it wouldn't cost me so much! In answer about times, it takes around 5 days to sail from Florida across the Atlantic so I'm guessing you would fly to Europe and board the ship there. I suspect with Disneyland Paris that DCL may be looking at potential ports in France.
Nice holiday, a couple of days at Disney Paris and then cruise the med, very nice indeed!
Chris :cool1:

BethC1952
10-02-2005, 01:29 PM
We had those questions after our 12/2002 cruise. Included as a choice at that time was the Port of New York, too (which would be great for us!). I don't have any interest in those other itineraries, but I think it would be great for Disney to offer those choices!

Beth

MSWint
10-03-2005, 12:07 PM
There was also a question about how interested we'd be in a live art auction on board. That might be kind of neat.

Just though I'd share.

They had a live art auction on our 9/17/05 Eastern turned Western cruise. This was our first cruise so we thought it was something they always did. It seemed to do pretty well, lots of people buying lots of art ... pretty pricey art at that. I asked one of the people who I met that had bought some of the paintings how he was going to get them home, and he said that disney shipped them to his home address for him.