PDA

View Full Version : So what is and isn't included?

Cinderella
10-01-2005, 05:33 PM
Please help. Have never cruised before. Am i correct in my understanding that all meals are included but, not alcoholical beverages, and also tips are not included. Obviously, spa treatments are extra, but what else is and isn't included on the cruise - and how much are the extra costs - eg. a bottle of wine with dinner?

Are the childrens activities on board included? Thanks.

cujobugs
10-01-2005, 05:40 PM
We just got off the Western Magic cruise today. So I know the answer to this one.
Things that were extra: pictures at Shutters ( you will have lots of opportunities to take formal and informal family pictures- very high portrait studio quality) They are $20 a piece for 8X10s. It adds up quickly. This is where I spent most of my money! The smaller pictures (4X6 I think) were less expensive. We bought a package of 10 for around $89.

Other extras: smoothies for kids ($4), any type of alcohol ( unsure of wine prices), any purchases at onboard shops, any purchases by theater snack area, excursions through Disney.

The biggest item to add will be your portraits. Trust me. They turn out great!

musicgirl
10-01-2005, 06:13 PM
Soda is free at dinner and there is a free drink (soda) station by the pool. Otherwise if you order it at a bar or from someone walking around there is a charge.

Room service is free, but you will need to tip (cash) depending on your order. $1 for 1-2 items etc.

excursions are not included.

They have souvenirs for sale by the pools and the deck parties.

There is a charge for bottled water and the arcade.

If you want to rent rafts or snorkel equipment on CC there is a charge. If you have your own equipment and just need a vest, there is no charge for the vest.

musicgirl
10-01-2005, 06:14 PM
The children's activities are included.

If you want to eat at Palo (adult only) there is a per person charge. It think it is $10. Then of course an additional tip.

Be aware that any bar items, bottled water or anything you buy outside of the gift shop, the gratuity is automatically added in. You can add extra if you want.

imlazar
10-01-2005, 08:26 PM
The children's activities are included.

If you want to eat at Palo (adult only) there is a per person charge. It think it is $10. Then of course an additional tip.

Be aware that any bar items, bottled water or anything you buy outside of the gift shop, the gratuity is automatically added in. You can add extra if you want.

With regard to water, they sell a case of Evian (24 bottles) for around $29.00. We bought it from our waiter during the Sat. afternoon brunch at Topsiders.

It worked out pretty well for us, we only had a couple of bottles left at the end of the cruise and it was nice being able to take our own water to the theaters and on excursions.

imlazar
10-01-2005, 08:28 PM
Please help. Have never cruised before. Am i correct in my understanding that all meals are included but, not alcoholical beverages, and also tips are not included. Obviously, spa treatments are extra, but what else is and isn't included on the cruise - and how much are the extra costs - eg. a bottle of wine with dinner?

Are the childrens activities on board included? Thanks.

Extras: Gifts, alchohol, excursions, sodas/coffees outside of meals or deck 9 drink station, tips, photos.

We spent about $850 on the ship, which broke down as follows:

Tips: $350
Photos: $100
Gifts: $100
Excursions: 150
Drinks:$150

We were told by guest services that the average family bill for a 7 day cruise was $1 - 2,000.