PDA

View Full Version : CM Journaltopia??

piratesmate
10-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Does anyone have this tool? I have a weird question about it. :blush:

I used mine recently because I wanted to do some journaling in my own handwriting - instead of using the computer as usual. I was using a black CM fine tip pen. After I wrote across the page (a single line) I slid the tool instead of just lifting it off the page. I found that I had little black marks left behind on the page.

I'm guessing that the where the pen touched the plastic loops there was some transfer of ink. I'm wondering if this happens to the rest of you? I wouldn't have thought the ink would stay "wet" for that long. (I wrote slowly & had marks all the way from the left end to the right.) Can you not use this to write several lines at a time? I mean - is it not recommended that you do so?

Or is it possible that it has to do with me being left-handed?? That might sound dumb, but many lefties who don't "hook" their hand have trouble with ball point pens "blobbing" after a while - evidently particles of paper get shoved between the rim & the ball & when they finally come out they leave a "blob" of ink. :confused3

I'm just getting tired of writing a line & then letting the thing sit there for a while before doing the next line. I'm tired of re-doing my journaling!

TIA!!

becky7953
10-01-2005, 05:39 PM
I don't have this..... although I am a fellow left hander :) I'd be interested in what others say. I have seen the journaltopia but have never seen it used.

piratesmate
10-01-2005, 05:42 PM
I'd used it at my DDIL's CM party before I bought it. I really liked it since I can't stand seeing lines on the paper - but I can't stand uneven writing either! I don't know if it has to do with being a "leftie" or not, but I rarely write in a straight line. I can draw one - just can't write in one! :headache: It's why I usually do computer journaling instead.

DiznEeyore
10-01-2005, 06:51 PM
After I wrote across the page (a single line) I slid the tool instead of just lifting it off the page. I found that I had little black marks left behind on the page.

I'm guessing that the where the pen touched the plastic loops there was some transfer of ink. I'm wondering if this happens to the rest of you? I wouldn't have thought the ink would stay "wet" for that long. (I wrote slowly & had marks all the way from the left end to the right.) Can you not use this to write several lines at a time? I mean - is it not recommended that you do so?

I'm just getting tired of writing a line & then letting the thing sit there for a while before doing the next line. I'm tired of re-doing my journaling!

TIA!!
I just used mine last night for quite a bit of journaling. I didn't notice any of the little marks you described. Now, I *am* a righty, not a lefty, and I was using a CTMH pen rather than a CM pen, but I don't know if that makes a difference. But for sure, there weren't any marks. Sorry this is happening to you!!

PoohBearLovinMama
10-01-2005, 07:17 PM
Hmmm, I've never had that problem before, but I'm a righty. Could you swipe a paper towel over the journaltopia before moving on to the next line?

piratesmate
10-01-2005, 08:28 PM
Yes, I can do that - it's just annoying that I have to be so careful about picking it up in the first place. :( I mean it is possible to use it w/out creative "fly dirt" all over the paper, but I was hoping it would be less aggravating to use this than to worry about making straight lines. You know?