PDA

View Full Version : In a quandry about Palo dining--HELP!

momoftwodisneykids
10-01-2005, 09:08 AM
We are sailing on the Magic Eastern Caribbean 11/26-12/3. I have already booked our Palo dinner reservation for the last night of the cruise at 6:30 p.m. My problem is this: Now that I have seen the new "farewell dinner" menu, I am debating on whether to try to change our Palo reservation to Wednesday night, after we leave St. Thomas. After reading the most recent Eastern Navigators, I would prefer to skip the Master Chef's night rather than the Til We Meet Again dinner. I am sure I cannot do this online, as Palo is completely booked out for dinner. The other option would be to double dip, as we are assigned to late dining, but I am on Weight Watchers and this would definitely NOT be a good thing for me. I don't want to miss out on Palo, but now I am really torn. Do you think there would be a good possibility of being able to change our reservation onboard? I would appreciate any advice. Thanks a bunch!

Joanne :earsgirl:

jgalecpa
10-01-2005, 09:44 AM
Don't panic.

They keep some ressies open for those without internet access.

When boarding, go right to the Palo reservation desk and explain what you want.

The person there (probably AJ, (one of the Best. Wait. Strike that. The best Maitre D' I've ever encountered anywhere)), will do his best to help you.

We just worked through the same quandry about the farewell dinner. The last night is a tough one. You don't want to miss saying good bye to your servers. You get SO attached to them.

Also, packing can be a bit stressful.

Wed sounds like a much better choice.

Enjoy and I hope this helped.

Jim

momoftwodisneykids
10-01-2005, 09:57 AM
Thanks for your advice. I think I will try to get our Palo reservation changed when we board. We are staying at the Radisson PC on Friday night, and should be arriving at the port at around 10:45 a.m., so we should be one of the first to board. I am planning on keeping our Friday reservation just in case we can't get Wednesday night. I figure I can cancel that onboard, as I am sure there will be someone else who would love to pick up the extra night at Palo. We are also doing the brunch and the high tea. :teeth:

Joanne :earsgirl:

Mickeyhugger
10-01-2005, 10:19 AM
I was on WW too, when sailing. DH and I double-dipped on Palo night because we didn't want to miss the show at AP.

We dined at Palo first, and when we went to late seating at AP, we just had coffee while DD had her normal dinner. Trust me, you will not WANT another meal after Palo, as you'll be so full. LOL!

The farewell night in the dining rooms is not to be missed. I still get teary-eyed when I remember it. :earsgirl: