PDA

View Full Version : Help with craftfair idea....

megan4777
10-01-2005, 12:47 AM
Ok, so I have a billion votive holders (clear glass, but not all the same) from my wedding 2 yrs ago. I am trying to think of something to do with them that could be sold at a church craftfair. Are there any good ones? I have none!! :confused3 Thanks for any help!!!

mom2grace
10-01-2005, 01:04 PM
You could paint them, or etch them. If someone was quick, you might be able to personalize them while they wait or continue to shop.

pfishgirl
10-01-2005, 11:34 PM
I painted a bunch with a Christmas theme so I can use them as gifts.. :goodvibes Maybe you can do a halloween or Fall and some Christmas desgins??

denisem
10-02-2005, 03:52 PM
Are they the straight sided votive holders?

If you're not an artistic person, here's an idea using injket printable cling sheets from your computer:

Stained Glass Votive Holder (http://www.thecraftypc.com/stainglasvot.html)

I recently played with the static cling sheets to make a small "privacy" stained glass window for my spare bathroom - turned out kinda neat! Not practical for large windows, though, as the sheets are standard printer size (8-1/2" x 11).

Traveliz
10-02-2005, 03:55 PM
I would put a bayberry votive in them - although good luck finding those - some years its pretty difficult - and then attach the poem about burning it on Christmas Eve for good luck the whole year through - I don't have the poem handy but if you google it should be easy to find. Wrap with a fine gold or green tulle and tie with a thin ribbon.

I gave those as door gifts at my cookie exchange one year and they were very popular. I made up about twenty this year for a Christmas Sale I am having at my house in November.

Liz