PDA

View Full Version : things to do near port

bailey0308
09-30-2005, 12:18 PM
I just booked at the radison for this coming january. it is for one day prior to cruise. i will get in around 5pm. what types of thngs are in the immediate area - rest.,malls,movies,etc.? :confused3

snelsonbrown
09-30-2005, 04:55 PM
Unfortunalty without some type of transportation, you are going to be limited unless you like to walk - you will be about 3 miles South to Hwy 520 where ron Jon's, shopping, restaurants, grocery stores etc are - now you do have places around the Radisson to eat, but as for anything else - sorry nuttin' but the Radisson is a great place to hang around.
Blessings always
Shirley

gfolchick
10-01-2005, 08:20 PM
It's been two years, but we ate next door to the Radisson (I think it was called Kelsie's). Pizza was good and I loved the salad. Shirley, is it still there? Also there was a mini golf course a short walk away and I think they had go carts too.

imlazar
10-01-2005, 08:22 PM
I just booked at the radison for this coming january. it is for one day prior to cruise. i will get in around 5pm. what types of thngs are in the immediate area - rest.,malls,movies,etc.? :confused3

There isn't much within walking distance, just a diner next door.

However, if you have a car, make a right out of the radisson parking lot and follow A1A to cocoa beach, there are a lot of places to go there.

Check out the Passporter cruise guide for details.

BTW, the pool at the Radisson is wonderful.

imlazar
10-01-2005, 08:23 PM
Unfortunalty without some type of transportation, you are going to be limited unless you like to walk - you will be about 3 miles South to Hwy 520 where ron Jon's, shopping, restaurants, grocery stores etc are - now you do have places around the Radisson to eat, but as for anything else - sorry nuttin' but the Radisson is a great place to hang around.
Blessings always
Shirley

I'm pretty sure they had a shuttle van to Ron Jon's from the Radisson.

bailey0308
10-02-2005, 09:05 AM
thanks for advice -
i am going to be with 8 kids from ages 5-14 :cool1: