PDA

View Full Version : Dress Code for dining?????

JaxGypsy
09-30-2005, 08:22 AM
What is the dress code for normal dining? We have early dining and I am confused on what attire we can wear. Any advise is appreciated!!

sdptalk
09-30-2005, 08:43 AM
I read on a cruise news letter that casual dining now includes jeans and a nice shirt/blouse. No shorts or bathing suits though.

Sandy

Horace Horsecollar
09-30-2005, 09:17 AM
What is the dress code for normal dining? We have early dining and I am confused on what attire we can wear. Any advise is appreciated!!
If you search or scroll through this forum, you'll find many topics dealing with the subject of what to wear -- with all sorts of opinions and observations.

Here's what the official DCL website says in the Onboard Dining FAQ (http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/dcl/en_US/help/overview?name=OnboardDiningFAQLandingPage#6).

What should I wear to dinner?

Dining Dress requirements vary by venue or theme night on your cruise. In general, most meals are "Cruise Casual" -- no shorts, swimwear or tank tops. Most cruises also have special theme nights with additional attire requirements. Here's a breakdown of these events by cruise itinerary.

On 3-night cruises:

First night: cruise casual no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
Second night: pirate or tropical deck party
Final night: "dress-up night" jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women

On 4-night cruises:

One pirate or tropical night (deck party)
One "dress-up night" jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women
Final night: cruise casual no shorts, swimwear or tank tops

On 7-night cruises:

Three additional "cruise casual" nights no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
One formal and one semi-formal night formal wear for men: tuxedo or suit; for women: gown or dress; semi-formal wear for men: suit/jacket; for women: dress or pantsuit.

Dress for dinner at Palo on all cruises:

Men: dress shirt or jacket
Women: dress or pantsuit

Eric95403
10-03-2005, 06:23 PM
]

On 7-night cruises:

Three additional "cruise casual" nights no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
One formal and one semi-formal night formal wear for men: tuxedo or suit; for women: gown or dress; semi-formal wear for men: suit/jacket; for women: dress or pantsuit.

Here is my question in regarding the men...don't we have 3 potential nights in which we have to at least dress semi-formally? If our Lumiere's night doesn't fall on a night of formal or semi-formal dress. I'm just looking at my options here. Thinking I might have to do the Tux thing, since I don't want to wear my suit for three different times on the boat.

Also, can someone confirm jeans are now okay in the dining rooms? That would be nice...not having to worry about how many slacks I can find (that still fit... :rolleyes1) in our closet. I know that is a last resort, but if I can get away w/ it for one night...I'd like that.

*love*2*shop
10-03-2005, 06:46 PM
ME TOO>>> I would LOVE to wear my long Flare jeans with my high heels..PLEASE SOMEONE confirm...

imlazar
10-03-2005, 09:27 PM

What I saw on our Magic cruise on 9/17:

- several people in shorts/t-shirts at the first night's dinner.
- most in nice shirts/pants/dresses other nights
- about a quarter had tuxes for formal night
- about half (and almost all kids) had pirate costumes for pirate night
- semi-formal was mostly sport coats for the men, nice dresses for the ladies.

Lunch/breakfast is completely casual, I wore a bathing suit and sandals most days (and a t-shirt).

imlazar
10-03-2005, 09:28 PM
Also, can someone confirm jeans are now okay in the dining rooms? That would be nice...not having to worry about how many slacks I can find (that still fit... :rolleyes1) in our closet. I know that is a last resort, but if I can get away w/ it for one night...I'd like that.

Jeans are fine everywhere but Palo. I even saw folks in jeans on formal/semi-formal nights, but they did look out of place.

johare
10-06-2005, 10:18 AM
Jeans are fine everywhere but Palo. I even saw folks in jeans on formal/semi-formal nights, but they did look out of place.Just got back from the 10/2 Wonder and did the brunch at Palo. Didn't see any shorts or jeans, but was also surprised that I didn't see any jackets. Might have been one or two I missed, but most men were just wearing a nice shirt and long pants. When I made the reservation, they had a sign which said the dress code for Palo was "Smart Casual"...whatever that means!

Petenboo04
10-06-2005, 10:26 AM
When we were on the Wonder for the Member Cruise, DD and myself wore Jean Capris w/ dressy tops and heals to Palos for Brunch and fit right in. I was worried that we were dressed to casual, but there were some people in there with shorts, very casual. Also, same in the dining rooms, we dressed for dinner, but there were people in shorts and jeans. Definitely did not bother us at all, I'm all about comfort! :flower:

cats04
10-06-2005, 12:26 PM
We were on the 9/24 Magic cruise. I never "dressed" up. I wore capris on casual nights, skirts & long sleeve top on formal and semi-formal. My dh wore dockers and polo shirts on casual night and dress pants, shirt and tie on formal and semi formal nights. I was a little worried I would stand out. Not the case at all!!! Were there people more dressed up then us, yep! But there were also people who were less dressed up. I felt we were comfortable in the middle. We were never in our dinner attire longer than 2 hours before changing back into our shorts. I never saw anyone in a tux but this might be because we were in Animators Palate on formal night. I think it would be great if Disney could ask if you preferred "formal" dining when requesting early or late dining. This way those who had a strong opinion or desire to dress up would be seated in the same dining room on formal night or follow the same rotation. That way everyone would be happy. Just a thought... :flower:

JayneML
10-06-2005, 03:30 PM
Just got back from the Wonder and everyone was extremely casual. I wished I would not have worried about what to wear. I and made my husband wear nice slacks and polo shirts ~ when we saw other men in baseball caps and shorts (in Tritans) sitting next to us! I guess its anything goes now.