PDA

View Full Version : A little help needed please

janine
09-30-2005, 04:43 AM
Hi

Can anybody give me some ideas for dining etc after my wedding.

I getting married at 1pm at the Yacht Club on Feb 28th, 06, it will be an intimate wedding.

I was thinking of a light lunch afterwards, and a couple of characters, followed by a dinner cruise on the grand yacht for the fireworks, but my party has grown from 6 to 15 and may rise further, so the yacht is now out of the question as they can only accommodate 13.

I would love to incorporate the fireworks somehow, but need to feed my guests too, can anyone give me some ideas on what to do in those 8 or so hours following the wedding. I also want to keep my wedding attire on too.
I really would like something 'magical' to end the day, but not quite sure what.
Thanks
Janine

Mommy Poppins
09-30-2005, 04:46 AM
How about a wishes dessert party at the GF Marina?

I think after our VR, we are going to do the Cinderella's Gala Feast (hey, its her wedding too!) so the kids will have a good time and then maybe do the wishes party at the marina. I, too, wanted to do the dessert party on the Grand I, but I have to wait and see how many people I am going to have.

janine
09-30-2005, 04:52 AM
Hi
I didn't know you could do that. Does it take place at a certain time, ie for the Characters to be there? what sort of food do they serve there?
My girls would surely love a Cinderellas gala feast.
Also at the wishes party I gather this is just cake and drinks?
sounds great, thanks,
Janine

twojo21
10-03-2005, 06:17 PM
the gala feast is a buffet dinner adrs start at 4:30/5pm with cinderella, prince charming & friends who walk around the tables to take pictures & sign autographs at the grand floridian's 1900 park fare restaurant. price is $27.99 per adult, $12.99 per child ages 3-9. you can view the menu here http://allearsnet.com/menu/men_19d.htm the early seatings will be better to keep your party seated together.

as for the wishes party this isnt a set event but something you would have to arrange with disney's private dining or convention center check out janet2ks vr report & posts, its held at the summerhouse at the grand floridian on the lake with a distant view of the mk fireworks & you could keep on your wedding attire.

you could also look into a booking a private room like the attic at the boardwalk, theres a balcony where you can see illuminations in the distance or ariels at the beach club, seaside themed. lunch minimums are $25pp. both of these are easily reached from the yacht club by foot.

cycyk
10-11-2005, 07:31 PM
Ohana is good and you can catch the fireworks on the beach afterwards but they have no characters. As for atmospehere and food I think its great for that amount of people. It was one of our first choices but we couldnt get the time we wanted.

952LisaR
10-12-2005, 02:48 PM
I don't know about filling 8 hours.

But another option is concourse steakhouse which is in the CR. I did my lunch there after my VR and it was great. You can wear your dress and you can see wishes from the balcony and they pipe in the music.