PDA

View Full Version : Planning?

eeyorechic
09-29-2005, 09:23 PM
My fiance & I are planning around a Sept. 2007 wedding. I know I can't reserve it until a year out, but how far before that should I get in touch with Disney? And what kind of information do they send out at first?

Thanks,
Samantha :earsgirl:

Mary626
10-04-2005, 03:36 AM
You can get in touch with Disney whenever you like. If you're nervous they will dismiss you, just let them know you're interested in a disney wedding but dont know what date. For me, they discusssed what kind of locations I was interestd in and sent me a few pictures of some places. And sent some word documents with some sample menus etc. it really depends on the questions you ask, etc. :)

ahutton
10-04-2005, 01:21 PM
We were able to schedule a tentative date a year before our desired wedding date, but you don't go into a contract/planning mode until about 8 months before your wedding. While it seems like not enough time, since that is all they do, and there is not a debate of if a caterer, DJ or something is available (within Disney - outside vendors are another story) you will probably find you have plenty of time.

We did a site visit and picked dates at one year out, but never did any further visits until the week of our wedding. I planned our entire wedding over the phone in less than 10 phone sessions. It was wonderfully organized (thanks to a great EM) who said "next week we'll do food" and so I got with DH and my parents, reviewed all the menu stuff, then did the meeting, and in the first couple minutes of our next call I gave our final plan (unless I already knew). Before I knew it the whole thing was planned.