PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to share

Merandab4
09-29-2005, 06:16 PM
I just read this article in a scrap magazine and thought I would share the moral of the story.

Basically it was about how we should choose our our layouts based on the pictures we have, and not choose to take pictures of stuff just because we have the perfect layout. Just because your daughter is wearing a shirt that matches some great paper you have, is not a reason to take a pic and scrap it. By scrapping this was we miss the whole point of scrapping to capture our memories.

Sometimes I find myself guilty of this. I'll take a pic of something because I think I could use it for my scrap book, like a sign of a place that we have been to.
According to the article if we scrap this way we are missing out on the moment.
I don't know, I just thought it was interesting.

mom2grace
09-29-2005, 06:56 PM
ITA! I feel a lot of pressure to make cute, crafty scrapbooks. But, that misses the point for me to preserve my family's "authentic" memories!

Disneyland_emily
09-29-2005, 07:13 PM
I don't think thats necessarily true-

Some of the best layouts (IMO) have come from a non-necessity picture- Life is just not events and sometimes the day to day moments help to show who we really are.

One of my most favorite layouts is when I had found the cutest idea and so was bored one day and took my kids to the park dressed in an appropriate colors and just let them be and photographed it- Their own personalities shone though more that day and was recorded that way far better than the traditional photograph moments. Now that they are angels- its priceless.

-em

cmputerdazed
09-30-2005, 12:27 AM
I love looking at ideas in the books and then using them for ideas. My girls loved the idea of pictures of their feet with their friends. They do it as often as possible. Also I did pictures of the cheer squad from upstairs with them laying in a circle with their heads touching. It also is a favorite photo. I agree that we need to take our every day events but there others are fun also and can be adapted to our own lives. I too have bought a shirt because it matched paper..... In my experience the girls love it and the boys hate it.

Spinning
09-30-2005, 07:56 AM
at the rate of pictures I take, I take them all! The posed, the candids the events..the cute outfits....
but it is all digital. I now only print and scrap the ones that have some type of meaning to the time or event I wanted saved on paper and in my books. I do think sometimes we scrappers get carried away with all the really kewl embellishments, buy them bring them home and realize we have nothing to go with it! LOL! I know I have a ton.
Now I try (and I said try not DO! :rotfl2: ) buy my embellishment around my pictures. Especially paper too! Before I bought it because it was pretty. Now I buy it because I have something to put on it.
Well ok I lied..for the most part I buy patterned paper that I know I will use but I still have to get a few new sheets of the pretty stuff that may come in handy down the road! :banana: :rotfl: :banana: