PDA

View Full Version : Conceirge and disembarking

Suzanne
09-29-2005, 04:03 PM
I splurged and am staying in a Cat 3 room in just 37 days!! I've done searches and have learned a lot about what to expect (and what not too..) But I'm still wondering if there is any difference in diembarking. We are going to WDW for the day and I'm hoping to get off as early as possible to enjoy maximum time at the parks. Will Conceirge help me get off the boat early?

ivanova
09-29-2005, 04:14 PM
good question, sorry I don't know the answer off hand....

rotary2808
09-29-2005, 04:49 PM
We just stayed in a Cat 3 last week. Concierge is the best by the way. Which ship are you going on?

About your question, they don't really do much for disembarkation. If you skip breakfast and just wait till you get to the park to eat you could get there pretty quickly. We ate breakfast at 6:45 and were going through customs about an hour later. Then it takes about an hour to get to Disney, so you should easily have most of the day.

Suzanne
09-29-2005, 05:12 PM
What exactly is the disembarking procedure? Do you line up at the door or wait in a room to be called by immigration or something? What happens when you get out the door? Is that when you have to see customs? Sorry but I haven't found many posts on this.

We are taking the Nov 5 Western. :cool1:

jel0511
09-29-2005, 05:37 PM
Seeing you're from Canada, the disembarkation procedures are a little different. Ususally around 6Am, you'll have to present youself to immigration. You'll receive your passport back at that time, No one can disembark until the ship has been cleared by customs, usually around 7:30. At that time, everyone is free to leave at their leisure.

Suzanne
09-29-2005, 05:57 PM
I just did some searching and found a welcome home navigator that informs non-US guests that after the 6am meeting they still need to clear US customs as they disembark. Has anyone seen this? Is there a desk in the port or do they just check us as we exit?

SweetSpot
09-29-2005, 05:59 PM
Hi Suzanne:

DCL doesn't assign you a time to get off the ship. Basically everyone waits in line until they start allowing everyone off and you walk off the ship to get your luggage. The night before you get off you will get luggage tags with Tinkerbell or Mickey (etc.) on them to attach to your luggage. The luggage sits in a big store room and yours will be (hopefully) among the others in your section (Tinkerbelle, etc.). Once you find all of your luggage you either get in line with it or get a porter to help you and you go through customs and right to the parking lot. It really runs fairly smooth and if you really want to get off early just make sure you're in line early enough. It also helps if you mark your luggage so that you will spot it easier.

We drive every year and try to get off early because we have a 16 hour drive. Last year we never even thought to ask the concierge for help getting off early. The year before we had a kid who had been vomitting through the night and was still very sick that morning. When we asked for help getting him off the ship early we were told by guest services that they couldn't do anything.

You are going love being in a suite. We're spoiled now and can't imagine going back to regular rooms. We're also on the Nov. 5th cruise. I didn't realize it was only 37 days away. We've been saying 5 weeks, somehow that seemed so much longer. I have to start counting by the days!

jel0511
09-29-2005, 06:01 PM
You have to report to one of the theatres before disembarking. US customs won't clear the ship until all non-US citizens have presented themselves.

Suzanne
09-29-2005, 06:13 PM
Ok well now I know. I will not be late for the meeting, and maybe go straight to the line depending on the length of the meeting.

Thank you for all the great info. I LOVE these boards. :cheer2: Yeah Dis Boards!! :cheer2:

webray
09-29-2005, 06:19 PM
Our table mates stayed concierge, they disembarked the same way we did..same lines, same procedure. It is really a quick and painless process.