PDA

View Full Version : Timing Questions...

hunter6009
09-29-2005, 02:07 PM
My family will be going on the 3 night to Nassau and Castaway. If we arrive in Nassau at 9:30am, when can we expect to actually set foot on the dock? How long does it take approx.? Can we travel back and forth from ship to wherever on Nassau (for getting lunch, taking naps for little one, etc)?
If we depart at 7pm, what time do we need to be back on board the ship?

How about for Castaway Cay? We arrive at 8:30am and leave at 4:30pm

hunter6009
09-29-2005, 07:20 PM
Anyone Anyone? Buehler? Buehler?

videogal1
09-29-2005, 07:40 PM
My family will be going on the 3 night to Nassau and Castaway. If we arrive in Nassau at 9:30am, when can we expect to actually set foot on the dock? : Can we travel back and forth from ship to wherever on Nassau (for getting lunch, taking naps for little one, etc)?

As far as I remember you can get off the ship as soon as they get the gangways and security checkpoints set up...Yes, you can can return to the ship for little visits for whatever reason...

Sox_Fan
09-30-2005, 07:27 AM
My family will be going on the 3 night to Nassau and Castaway. If we arrive in Nassau at 9:30am, when can we expect to actually set foot on the dock? How long does it take approx.? Can we travel back and forth from ship to wherever on Nassau (for getting lunch, taking naps for little one, etc)?
If we depart at 7pm, what time do we need to be back on board the ship?

Just returned from the 3-day; we walked right off - no lines, no waiting. We were docked earlier than 9:30, and as previous poster said, you can get off as soon as the ship has been cleared.

You can travel back and forth, just present your card and picture ID. Keep in mind that there is a bit of a walk through the marketplace and down the pier. At Castaway there is also a walk (10 min or so) but you can take a shuttle there.

As far as return time goes, I'd plan to be on board at least 1/2 an hour before all-aboard time, as they do depart at the scheduled time.

WDWLVR
09-30-2005, 07:39 AM
The Navigator that you get in your room will list all aboard time. Also as you are leaving the ship there will be a sign posted reminding you what time you have to be back on board. As Sox_Fan said it is usually about 1/2 hour before sailing time. Give yourself plenty of time and be back on board on time.