View Full Version : German citizen document ?

09-29-2005, 12:40 AM
I'm an American married to a German citizen. My TA assured me all he needed for our Nov. cruise was his DL and his green card. We can't find his passport--hasn't used it since he got to this country--and his birth certificate is in Germany.
Do the green card thing sound right to y'all? Everything I've read here just applied to American and Canadian citizens.

09-29-2005, 01:23 AM
Well, this is what I found on another cruise line's website:
Non-U.S. Citizens
You will need a valid passport and, in some cases, a visa. If you live in the U.S., you will also need the original copy of your Alien Registration Card (ARC or "Green Card") and any other documentation the countries on your itinerary require due to your alien status.

For all sailings ending on June 25, 2005, or later, citizens from the Visa Waiver Program countries will require a machine-readable passport valid for the duration of their voyage. These countries include:

The Netherlands
New Zealand
San Marino
The United Kingdom

Not sure if contacting the State Dept for guidance would help, or if you need to contact the German Consulate/Embassy for guidance.

09-29-2005, 11:44 AM
Ivanova with all your respect I beg to differ. :guilty: I found this info on disneycruise.com, which does not specify anything regarding Non-Us Citizens requirements.

Here is a what I found :

ALL U.S. Citizens are required to carry proof of citizenship, which includes one of the following:

Valid U.S. Passport (not expired) or

Original Birth Certificate - State Certified with acceptable picture identification. U.S. Citizens who are 17 years and under are only required to have proof of citizenship, excluding picture identification.
In order for the certificate to be valid, it needs to be issued by the state, city or county and has a raised seal or a certified stamp

A copy of a birth certificate without a raised seal or certified stamp is not acceptable

A hospital birth certificate is not state certified and is not acceptable

Certified Naturalization Certificate, with acceptable picture identification

United States citizens can visit the State Departmentís travel website at www.travel.state.gov, or call the U.S. National Passport Information Center at 877-4USA-PPT for more information

However based on the Passport to Disney Wonder we received from DCL for our up coming cruise in January and I quote:

Non-Us Citizens -

U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs)
Must provide one of the following:

:earseek: Unexpired Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551)(also known as a "Green Card" or "Alien Registration Card")

:bitelip: Expired Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551) and Form I-797 extending the validity of the card

:cool1: Temporary Residence Stamp (ADIT STAMP) in unexpired Passport or on valid I-94 card or Temporary I-551 Machine Readable Immigrant Visa (MRIV)

:moped: Unexpired Refuge Travel Document (Form I-571)

Other U.S. Residents (Non-LPRs) -

:Pinkbounc Unexpired Refuge Travel Document (Form I-571)

:cheer2: Passport with a valid CBP stamp identifying the individual as an asylee or refuge

:smooth: Unexpired Parole Authorization (Form I-512) and unexpired passport

:wave: Temporary Resident Card (Form I-688) and unexpired passport

To be more certain of what yor husband really needs, I will suggest you ask your ta for her to get with DCL and get a copy of the requirements. I find DCL website has extremly limited information when it comes to legal documentation requirements.

Also travel.state.gov is a good source of info. Hope this can help you out! :jumping1: