PDA

View Full Version : Traveling with kids & no spouse

rifgirlsmom
09-28-2005, 02:11 PM
Wondering if others do this.
Have cruise booked, but now dh has limited vacation time in 2006.
My dds are 12(will be 13 2days after cruise) & 9.
We spend tons of family time during the summer on our boat.
I really loved the 1st cruise. But I just cant make up my mind to cruise without him or not.
If I decide to not go without him. I want to transfer the resie to 2007.
Any insite would be great

Wendy

chalex
09-28-2005, 02:33 PM
I will let you know in about 9 days!

I am taking my two children on a 7 day land/sea package which gives us 4 days at WDW and 3 days on the Wonder. We leave Sunday. My children are dd 9 years and ds 7 years. It will be an experience but we all are looking forward to it.

Angie

Downrivermama
09-28-2005, 03:03 PM
rifgirlsmomn & chalex,

I'm a single mom. My dd 7 and I are doing a land/sea package end of Feb 2006. We went to WDW in 2004 when dd was 5. It went smoothly, just worried about dd's first plane ride which was fine (except getting her up at 4 am to get to airport!). I'm use to traveling by myself and since my dd was born we have done at least 2 car trips a year. Thankfully she is a good traveler. From what I read on these boards everyone is treated wonderful by the CMs. I would say in your situation it would depend if your husband wanted to go. If he says go on ahead without him I would. Just my 2 cents!

mom+3girls
09-28-2005, 03:46 PM
I just cruised Sept 10, 2005 with my 3 daughters 17,12 and 10, I am a single mom, we had a ball, the girls stayed in the lab a lot, dd17 spent time with other teens she met on the cruise. I spent time reading and doing some of the adult extras. Love the adult pool.
I say go without him. Just sit in a lounge chair by the pool and relax.

gssmks
09-28-2005, 04:16 PM
I am a single mother. I have one daughter, age 8. We travel alone all the time. If we didn't we would have to stay home. It's always gone smoothly. This will be our first cruise ever, but I do not expect it to be any different from our other trips. I highly recommend that you go. The trips that I have taken alone with my daughter have been great opportunities to bond. I am sailing on the 09/16/06 Costa Maya cruise.

cruzincricketts
09-28-2005, 04:44 PM
We are going to be doing this in january. i am taking dd8, dd3 & dd1. The cruise has so many activities to keep us all busy and entertained that I know we won't miss him (oops sorry darling).I say go for it.

i am a little concerned about immigration as 2 of our party are U.S. and 2 U.K. citizens, we all have to get up early to get of the ship & reboard later. This would be easier with DH but I am sure we will manage.
Carole

Suzanne
09-28-2005, 06:02 PM
There are 36 days until I take my first cruise with my DS11 :banana: My DH Is not a big fan of the mouse. I REALLY REALLY wanted to go so we're doing it! I have lots of concerns

1) We're Canadian so I worry that we'll have a problem with immigration.
2) I worry I'll be bored without another adult
3) I worry I'll miss my husband
4) I worry I'll never be able to carry all the darn overpacked luggage I'll have :rotfl:

But I'm going & I'm going to have a great time!! :cool1:

DisneyDmbNut
09-28-2005, 06:35 PM
I am cruising with just DD and my mom. DD and I always do a mommy and me trip to Disney alone. DH isn't a Disney person (oh, the shame!)
We have a great time and it is special!