PDA

View Full Version : 6x6 Christmas Recipe Page Swap CLOSED

MaryPoppinsLives
09-28-2005, 01:57 PM
This swap is closed with 10 players

I would like to host a 6x6 Christmas Recipe page swap.

The page needs to be Disney themed or have hidden mickeys, the recipe should to be "Christmasy" but not limited to Disney recipes.

I will close the swap at 16 people but will adjust if less sign up.

Deadlines:
Sign-up: October 15
Due Date: November 23 (in my mailbox)

*****Please Note*******
You are commiting to making pages for everyone who signs up for the SWAP, not just your type of food.

If this swap fills up, you are commiting to 16 pages not 4

Let me know what recipe you will be doing when signing up (or what type of food). I will pick once I see what needs to be filled. I broke the swap up into different types of food so we don't end up with 10 cookies and a goose recipe. :rotfl:

I thought this might make a nice gift once it is all put together.

Drinks
1 1Disney25 - various drinks :cheer2:

Appetizers--Side Dishes
1 Piglet's Pal - crab dip
2 Cwnhokie - Broccoli Casserole

Main Dishes
1 MaryPoppinsLives - Cowboy Breakfast Casserole :cheer2:
2 Twigs - Stuffed Chicken Roll :cheer2:

Desserts
1 Jenny2 - Cranberry Bars :cheer2:
2 KatDisney - chocolate peanut butter balls :cheer2:
3 VistaLeigh'smommy - Pumpkin Bread Pudding
4 PattyT - Angel Roll
5 Havencruiser - Grapefruit Cake :cheer2:

:cheer2: = rec'd by hostess
Thanks for considering my swap!!

jenny2
09-28-2005, 02:35 PM
I'd like to participate! Sounds yummy! I'll take a dessert slot - I have a recipe for Cranberry Bars that are to die for! I actually won a dessert contest at work for them... :)

KatDisney
09-28-2005, 03:18 PM
I would like to make chocolate peanut butter balls.. These are simple and just sooo yummy and a great addtional to any "candy" basket

1disney25
09-28-2005, 08:40 PM
Sounds fun, this is my first day on this site so without sounding too dumb, I just make up a 6x6 page and make up to 20 copies of it and then we'll all get recipe pages in return? Sounds wonderful! If that's all there is to it I'd like to do a drink page of various holiday drinks! What a fun idea, thanks!!

jenny2
09-30-2005, 11:58 AM
bump...

MaryPoppinsLives
10-01-2005, 08:09 AM
I have 3 friends who would like to join the swap but are not board members. They want do a recipe book for family or friends who like Disney. Does anyone who signed up mind if I add them??

Also, I think I might need to low the count to 16 to get more people. I was thinking of combining appitizers and side dishes. Any objections???
Sherry aka Mary Poppins

KatDisney
10-01-2005, 08:22 AM
Nope I don't mind at all and if need be I can add another recipie to fill another spot :) just let me know

PigletsPal
10-01-2005, 09:29 AM
This would make a great christmas gift for my friend that loves recipes. I will do appetizers-crab dip please. I have a ?. we need to make original pages for each person and not make copies......is this correct?

MaryPoppinsLives
10-02-2005, 08:21 AM
Yes you need to make the pages not photocopy them.

KatDisney
10-04-2005, 03:40 PM
This will make a wonderful christmas gift.

cwnhokie
10-13-2005, 06:58 AM
I would love to participate, but I am pretty new to the swap thing. Is there anyway you could send me a picture of what a page might look like, so I know what to do. I've never done a 6x6 page, I've only done CM albums, they are 7X7 and I've never done a recipe page. I could do whatever category you need the most, just let me know, I'll find something to fit. Thanks.

VistaLeigh'smommy
10-13-2005, 07:07 AM
I would LOVE to sign up!!!
I have an AMAZING recipe for Pumpkin Bread Pudding!!!

I have never done one before! I am excited!!

pattyT
10-13-2005, 07:57 AM
I'm in!
I would like to do dessert - Angel Roll
:)

1disney25
10-13-2005, 08:11 AM
I have 3 friends who would like to join the swap but are not board members. They want do a recipe book for family or friends who like Disney. Does anyone who signed up mind if I add them??

Also, I think I might need to low the count to 16 to get more people. I was thinking of combining appitizers and side dishes. Any objections???
Sherry aka Mary Poppins

I don't have an objection to your 3 friends to join, the more the merrier!

Twigs
10-13-2005, 10:18 AM
I have been watching this thread for a while and and finally decided to join, (I wasn't sure about the 6x6 size). I'll take main dishes - Stuffed Chicken Rolls if that is OK.

havencruiser
10-13-2005, 10:27 AM
I already sent a PM saying that I would like to join and do the recipe for Grapefruit Cake from one of the WDW resorts.

havencruiser
10-13-2005, 10:28 AM
If you go to ww.twopeasinabucket.com and search under "recipe" you will find tons of samples.

cwnhokie
10-13-2005, 06:12 PM
Ok, I looked at some on the twopeasinapod site, I think I can do this. The only other swap I've tried is a card swap and I never got my cards, they must have been lost in the mail. So might as well give it another try. Put me down for a side dish, Broccoli Casserole.

MaryPoppinsLives
10-17-2005, 11:25 AM
Sorry I have been MIA -- We had a bit of a family thing nothing major just kept me busy for the last week.

I updated the sign ups and 10 people signed up.

That's great!!!

For those of you who had a question about the 6x6 size, I did that so you can make 4 pages out of one sheet of 12x12 instead of only 1 if it was 8x8. You can use the 6x6 pages in larger album sizes by attaching them to paper the same size as your album. I was planning on giving mine as a gift and thought I would make a cover and bind it with ribbon.

Thanks for signing up

Sherry

KatDisney
10-19-2005, 06:37 PM
HI just wondering how long will this swap be open? Just wondering on the final head count etc :) thanks

VistaLeigh'smommy
10-19-2005, 07:15 PM
should we save a margin on the left so it can be bound?

Twigs
10-27-2005, 08:57 AM
Is this swap finalized yet? I wanted to get started, but would like a final count before I start so I know what I need.

havencruiser
10-27-2005, 10:11 AM
I can make an extra if you need me too. Just let me know what category you need.

1disney25
10-29-2005, 03:25 PM
Does anyone know where we are to mail this and how we should send it, etc?? I have limited accesss to the internet right now because wilma hit us pretty hard down here. Hopefully the next time I check in info will be posted. Thanks!!

havencruiser
10-29-2005, 05:06 PM
I just finished mine today and am ready to mail them. Does anybody know where they go?
Thanks,
Sharon

VistaLeigh'smommy
10-30-2005, 08:25 AM
yeah, I haven't heard any details yet either!

PigletsPal
10-30-2005, 01:50 PM
I sent a PM to the OP over a week and ahalf ago asking when will this swap be final and is she going to change the swap out date. If she isn't then I'm going to have to drop out to all the damage from hurricane Wima. I still have know elec. am using a friends comps to type this.

1disney25
11-01-2005, 02:58 PM
Has anyone heard from MaryPoppinsLives? Think everythings ok? Should we continue with our pages? Did anyone get any mailing info? Thanks!

havencruiser
11-01-2005, 03:32 PM
I have all my pages done and am waiting for an address....Can we have somebody else host this if she can't?? I would be happy to fill in as hostess if needed.

havencruiser
11-02-2005, 06:26 PM
Has anybody had any luck hearing back form the hostess about this swap?
I sure haven't. :rolleyes1

1disney25
11-03-2005, 08:10 AM
I feel bad having someone else host it but if we're all done with our pages, I would think that would be nice of you havencruiser...

Twigs
11-03-2005, 12:08 PM
Because no final details were ever posted, I never started.

1disney25
11-03-2005, 02:06 PM
Can we get a count on who here is done with their 10 and ready to mail?? I'm in the process of moving and in other swaps and want to go to the post office one time and not misplace anything in our move! Thanks!

KatDisney
11-04-2005, 01:22 AM
I as well have not started since there were no final details and head count.

cwnhokie
11-04-2005, 05:47 AM
I haven't started yet either, since there were no details. I can probably get it done pretty quickly if someone will give me the word.
Chrissy

VistaLeigh'smommy
11-04-2005, 07:23 AM
I didn't start either because I never heard anything final... I don't even know where to send them to!

I can get them done pretty fast though... just let me know!

jenny2
11-04-2005, 09:25 AM
I also didn't start... I was waiting for final instructions!

PigletsPal
11-04-2005, 07:20 PM
I was so hoping to give this as a Christmas gift....:( We now have power since the Hurricane....YAHOO!!!. If someone else steps up to the plate and if the date is changed to a little later in the month. Since I also haven't started since final details were never posted. I would still like to be in this swap.

cwnhokie
11-04-2005, 08:10 PM
I must be a bad luck swapper. The first swap I signed up for my cards were lost in the mail and I never saw have gotten them. Now the second one I try the host disappears. Maybe it's just me?

havencruiser
11-04-2005, 10:27 PM
Since some folks have already done their pages and some are still interested but waiting for a final count, I wil lbe happy to host this swap since nobody has heard from the origianl host. Let's give folks until 11/7 to express their interest and category and allow for new folks to sign up. We can accomodate up the original 16 giving preference to those folks who were already signed up but anybody else who wishes to join us can until we get to 16 folks. I can also post some slots for this on the other boards where I host some swaps.
So.......post your interest in this and llet me know what recipe you are doing. I will give final count and the mailing details on MOnday.
Happy scrapping!

Sharon

1disney25
11-05-2005, 12:53 PM
ok sounds good. i did 10 already though since i thought that had been our final count...various holiday drinks! thanks!!

havencruiser
11-05-2005, 01:01 PM
I did 16 and did a Grapefruit Holiday Cake from one of the restaurants at MGM.

VistaLeigh'smommy
11-05-2005, 03:14 PM
I will do however many pages! I will still do Pumpkin bread pudding!

PigletsPal
11-05-2005, 08:12 PM
I will do a Crab Dip. Thanks for steping up to take over. Will wait to hear final details on Mon.

cwnhokie
11-06-2005, 05:53 AM
I'll still do Broccoli Casserole. Let me know how many to make,
Chrissy

MaryPoppinsLives
11-06-2005, 08:25 AM
Sorry I haven't posted the final intrustions. I went on vacation and then my mom got sick I am having to fly back and forth from NJ to CA to keep my job and take care of her and have not been online.

I see that soemone else volunteered to host the swap, I am not sure what where this stands with her If she has sent you all her address etc...

If it is okay I would like to finish out as hostess of the swap and can send you all a PM with my address and final instructions. I will check back this evening to see how everyone feels about this.

Again, I am really sorry ---I am not a flake and really hope that at the end everyone will feel good about swap.

Sherry

1disney25
11-06-2005, 10:07 AM
Hi Sherry,

I'm so sorry things aren't going well for you right now, I hope all works out.
I'll wait for final instructions from whoever, just want to get it out in the mail.
Thanks! ::MinnieMo

JudithM
11-06-2005, 10:28 AM
Sherry, I am sure everyone in the swap is delighted to see you back online again. We all understand how our real lives can get in the way of online time. I hope your mom is feeling better with each new day.

havencruiser
11-06-2005, 05:10 PM
Hi Sherry,
I had volunteered to fill in when we hadn't heard from you. I am happy you are back! When you have the details for us, I can mail my pages to you.
Sharon

Twigs
11-06-2005, 09:29 PM
MaryPoppinsLives, sorry to hear about your mother. When you post a final coount and details, I will get started on my pages. Hope things calm down for you!

MaryPoppinsLives
11-07-2005, 09:06 AM
A big thank you to everyone for being so understanding!!!!

Here are the mailing instructions. The final count is 10.

Please send your items in one big (gallon) ziplog bag. Your baggies will be returned to you with your swap items. Please also write your DisName on the outside of the envelope.

Postage- Please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope with the same postage as needed to mail the items to me. Please enclose 2 additional stamps (23 cents ea) to cover if the return package is heavier, I will return the stamps if they are not needed. Or for a two day turn around You can choose to enclose a priority mail stamp of $3.85. If you choose priority mail, you do not need to send an envelope as I have those.

My address is:
[I am editing out her name & mailing address. If you have not seen it here or received it in a pm, please send me a pm. I am a BIG security nut & don't want any issues after a name & address is posted on a public bb. I hope everyone understands. JudithM]

Please ask if you have any questions!! Thanks for playing -- I can't wait to see everyone's work!!

And again thanks for being so understanding!!!

MaryPoppinsLives
11-07-2005, 09:09 AM
Lets make the due date 11/23 That wayhas time to complete their pages if they haven't started and still get them back before 12/01.

Thanks

PigletsPal
11-07-2005, 09:36 AM
So sorry to hear about your Mom and hope all is going well at this time. Thanks for also changing the date. It will help alot.

jenny2
11-07-2005, 09:41 AM
That sounds great!

MaryPoppinsLives... are you sure you're OK with putting your home address here publicly? You might want to PM us with the address...

Twigs
11-07-2005, 09:53 AM
are you sure you're OK with putting your home address here publicly? You might want to PM us with the address...

I was just going to suggest the same thing.

JudithM
11-07-2005, 06:44 PM
If anyone needs MaryPoppinsLives mailing address, please email me or her. I removed it from her post above for her security. I hope you all understand. Judith

Twigs
11-08-2005, 11:54 PM
Finished my pieces tonight. I will probably get to the post office Thursday.

MaryPoppinsLives
11-09-2005, 11:05 AM
Thank you to all for your concern about my address, I guess I wasn't thinking about this being a public board. I am so used to e-groups etc... anyone who missed my address please let me know.

My mom is doing a lot better and has moved in with my sister so she has someone around her in case she needs help. She had a mini stroke while at the kitchen table and fell under the table and could not get up by herself Plus I think she was disorianted. Fortunatly, she had plans to go out shopping with my aunt that afternoon or it might have been longer until she was found.

Thank you again to everyone for being so understanding.

Sherry

havencruiser
11-09-2005, 01:35 PM
Mine are going into the mail this evening. Glad to hear your mom is doing better.

JudithM
11-09-2005, 02:08 PM
Sherry, I am glad to read your mom is doing better. How fortunate that she & your aunt were going shopping that day ...

Twigs
11-09-2005, 05:32 PM
I was able to get to the post office today, so it is on it's way!

1disney25
11-16-2005, 05:34 PM
My drink recipes are in the mail!!!
Happy Holidays!!

MaryPoppinsLives
11-16-2005, 06:15 PM
I rec'd swaps from TWIGS and HAVENCRUISER in yesterdays mail.

They are so cute. I am looking forward to seeing everyone else's work.

jenny2
11-17-2005, 08:44 AM
I'll be mailing mine out on Monday! :)

MaryPoppinsLives
11-18-2005, 02:29 PM
I rec'd a package today in the mail. It was mailed from Gardner,MA and has a note inside saying "Thanks for hosting the swap" and then it has my address. The other stuff is all different, there is a large die cut that says MINNIE, a Thanksgiving tag, Mickey stickers, and four plastic bags with what looks like file folders and tags with a cheerleader's megaphone.

There is no return address inside or return postage and no recipes. :cool1: The return address on the outside doesn't have the name and is hard to read

Anyone care to claim this. I think it got mixed up with a different swap.

Thanks

jenny2
11-18-2005, 03:46 PM
MaryPoppinsLives... that sounds like Pattyt! I'll send her a PM...

pattyT
11-18-2005, 10:30 PM
Good LORD - did I screw this one up -
those FAll Sports People are really gonna love this one. :rolleyes:
I quess i will have to send youpostage to have you send it back to me so I can send it on to the others...
unless you live near WDWMOM - lol :teeth:

jenny2
11-18-2005, 11:52 PM
I quess i will have to send youpostage to have you send it back to me so I can send it on to the others...

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Sorry my friend, but :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: !!

nicurn
11-19-2005, 05:55 AM
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: think of it this way patty, it was on time for the recipe swap! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: maggie

MaryPoppinsLives
11-19-2005, 07:32 PM
I got 1disney25's swap in the mail today

PAtty let me know what you want me to do...

cwnhokie
11-22-2005, 10:03 AM
Hi there, my pages are done and ready to be mailed. I've only done this once before. Can you tell me how to mail them? Do I need to write any info on the backs of the pages, what info should I include. Thanks, then I can go to the post office today.

PigletsPal
11-22-2005, 10:22 AM
Mine is going postal today.

PigletsPal
11-22-2005, 06:52 PM
Mine wasn't able to go postal since I don't have MaryPoppins address. I've PM'd her for it. If anyone still has it could they please send it to me. I wasnt to get this in the mail by wed. since I'm going out of town for Thanksgiving, otherwise it will have to wait until my next day off which will be a week from this Thur.

VistaLeigh'smommy
11-23-2005, 08:37 AM
Mine is going in the mail today! I finished them last week but I have been crazy busy with work (I'm in Real estate and everyone is trying to get squared away for the holidays)

I can't wait to get them, I bought a 6x6 scrapbook this weekend for $1.99 at AC Moore!

WDWMom
11-23-2005, 03:26 PM

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I was checking this thread out for other reasons and as soon as I saw the city and state I knew who it was. Too funny.

pattyT
11-23-2005, 03:38 PM
oh what a mess I have maid...
Why don't you just send them all back to me - and I will get it all straightened out - AUGH

Maybe you can just slap RETURN TO SENDER onit - and I can pay the postage when it gets here...

sorry again...

you should be getting the right one soon!

VistaLeigh'smommy
11-26-2005, 12:49 PM
can someone please send me the address so I can send in my pages? I pmed the host but I have not heard back! Thanks so much! I can't wait to get them in!!

jenny2
11-26-2005, 03:38 PM
can someone please send me the address so I can send in my pages? I pmed the host but I have not heard back! Thanks so much! I can't wait to get them in!!

I just PMd you!

MaryPoppinsLives
11-26-2005, 07:36 PM
HI all

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving...

I got Jenny2's pages today.. (Thanks for PMing VistaLiegh). I had a house full with the holiday.

I think there are 2 more that are postal so I should be able to get the pages back to you by the end of the week.

Thanks everyone for doing such a great job.
Sherry

pattyT
11-28-2005, 08:24 AM
I would have thought you would have recieved mine of Friday or Saturday at the latest :(

I hope they show up today
I mailed them last Tuesday!

cwnhokie
11-28-2005, 10:45 AM
Mine are going out today, I was waiting for a response to make sure I packaged them correctly, but I haven't heard anything so I'm just going to send them. Sorry, it's late
Chrissy

WDWMom
11-28-2005, 10:55 AM
I would have thought you would have recieved mine of Friday or Saturday at the latest :(

I hope they show up today
I mailed them last Tuesday!

Are you sure they went to the right address Patty :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

VistaLeigh'smommy
11-28-2005, 11:03 AM
mine are in the mail priority so you should get it in 2-3 days!

thanks for sending me the address Jenny2 and MaryPoppins!

can't wait!

jenny2
11-28-2005, 11:15 AM
Are you sure they went to the right address Patty :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Sorry patty... but this is funny!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

MaryPoppinsLives
11-28-2005, 02:29 PM
cwnhokie, I am so sorry I didn't see your previous post and when I read that you didn't get an answer to your question, I went back and looked and saw your post from 11-22. I didn't mean to not answer... I am sure however you sent them will be okay.

I rec'd piglet's pals swap today. PattyT, yours still has not come. Ay idea where you sent them to??? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I don't think you will live that one down. I forwarded your other swap to WDWMOM.

Piratesmate has asked to angel for KatDisney since she seems to have fallen off the face of the earth, I have been contacted by other hostess that she has failed to complete several swaps. Piratesmate said she could get them to me in couple of days. so hopefully I can get everything out by Saturday.

I am around the rest of the week and will check in daily to update on the status of rec'd swaps.

Have a magical day and a wonderful week.

Sherry

piratesmate
11-28-2005, 02:50 PM
Hey ladies - quick question! I see that you only have one page in the beverages category & are rather heavy on the desserts. I do have a chocolate peanut butter ball recipe & can simply do what you've been expecting. No problem.

On the other hand, I could do a page on the Frunch recipe from Boma so that the end product will be a little bit more balanced. Doesn't much matter to me - what do you think? I'll be starting after supper.

d

VistaLeigh'smommy
11-28-2005, 03:44 PM
whatever you want to do is fine with me! Thanks for helping us out!

jenny2
11-28-2005, 03:52 PM
Mmmm... I'm voting for Frunch! That is so good!!

piratesmate
11-28-2005, 05:34 PM
I'm just clarifying - I've read through the thread, but want to make sure. Am I doing a one page or a two page LO for each person???

Sorry to be a pain here. :(

pattyT
11-29-2005, 06:30 AM
:rolleyes: since the first package got to her no problem I am pretty sure the address was right
of course this time I didn't spend the dang 40 cents for confirmation :rolleyes: like it did with the last one!

MaryPoppinsLives
11-29-2005, 08:43 AM
piratesmate... the page should be 6x6 and one page.

PattyT I will post after the mail comes today and let you know if I rec'd your stuff.

Sherry

MaryPoppinsLives
11-30-2005, 04:50 PM
Yesterday I didn't receive anyone swaps and today I rec'd VistaLeighsmommys.

PattyT-- I still haven't rec'd yours. I saw that she post another thread that she is taking a break from the site so I will try to e-mail her directly and see what she wants to do.

Piratesmate - can you post once you go postal, thanks

Sherry

piratesmate
11-30-2005, 04:56 PM
Sorry Sherry - It was my intention to take them over before the post office closed this afternoon, but I'm not going to make it. :( Everything was all set, but I was having trouble with my blood sugar & I can't drive when it gets this low. They'll get there in the morning for sure & you should still have them by Friday...at least that's how long dizney-cruiser's CJ takes to get here each month. Sorry I couldn't get them out today.

cwnhokie
11-30-2005, 08:13 PM
Hi, I thought my DH put them in mail for me, but I found them sitting on the front seat of the truck today, so mine will be a little late and go out tomorrow morning. I'll send them 2 day. Sorry!
Chrissy

piratesmate
12-01-2005, 04:17 PM
I just got back from running my errands and boy is it cold out there today! :cold: :cold: It was in the upper 60s yesterday.

Anyway, I dropped the envelope at the post office this morning & he told me it might not make it until Monday!! :earseek: I didn't realize that they were getting busy already! Here's hoping he's wrong and you get it tomorrow...although I didn't get dizney-cruiser's CJ that she mailed yesterday. I think this is the first time that I didn't get it in a single day. :confused3 Sorry for the delay.

ETA: The mail must be getting hreally slow already. I didn't get the CJ again today, so there's little hope that my recipe pages made it to MaryPoppinsLives today or will make it even tomorrow. :( I'm really sorry for the delay.

VistaLeigh'smommy
12-06-2005, 08:21 AM
Is everybody in?? :cheer2:

piratesmate
12-06-2005, 08:30 AM
Is everybody in?? :cheer2:

According to her signature, MaryPoppinsLives is at WDW until today. Hopefully everything has arrived by the time she returns & checks her mail. I have to say - I'm getting really excited to see everything! :goodvibes

piratesmate
12-10-2005, 02:19 PM
Just wondering - any update on this?

PigletsPal
12-11-2005, 08:12 PM
I hope we get this soon since I plan on it being a Christmas gift to a friend.....:) Keeping fingers crossed.

jenny2
12-13-2005, 03:42 PM
Just bumping... I hope everything is OK with you Sherry!

VistaLeigh'smommy
12-14-2005, 12:55 PM
bumping... I wanted to give this as a gift too!!!

havencruiser
12-14-2005, 01:58 PM
I was planning on using it as a gift as well. When I sign up for swaps, I use the deadling...or what I thought was the deadline as a gauge for how I will use the finished items. I assumed that a swap with a 11/15 deadline would be here for Christmas. Most frustrating/annoying is the lack of communication.
Sorry to be grumpy but I take my commitment of time and energy very seriously and it's annoying to have this happen.

1disney25
12-14-2005, 09:32 PM
I have to agree with you Havencruiser. I haven't done many swaps but this one is taking a long time. I understand things happen but...Hope we get it soon.
::MinnieMo

havencruiser
12-15-2005, 10:54 AM
Not having any communication from the hostess about the swap is what bugs me. :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

piratesmate
12-15-2005, 02:37 PM
Has anyone emailed her? I've sent a PM, but she hasn't been on since Nov 30th. I hope nothing is seriously wrong. I wonder if she actually went to WDW at the beginning of the month?? She's a nanny isn't she? I can't imagine that she'd be able to be away this long or that the family could change their plans to stay this long if she went with them. :confused3

1disney25
12-15-2005, 04:50 PM
I hope nothing is seriously wrong as well. It's just that over a month ago Havencruiser offered to take over but then our host came back and now we're still without our pages....It's almost a turn off to exchanges since I haven't been involved in many.... :confused3
On a fun note: Hope you all are getting into the holiday season!!! We went to Disney this past weekend and it was chilly and so nicely decorated that the holiday spirit is finally in me!! Take care!

havencruiser
12-16-2005, 07:56 AM
All swaps aren't like this one. As a matter of fact, I haven't ever been involved in any as frustrating as this one. Don't let this one be the gauge for whether or not you do any more swaps. Most work out pretty well when there is communication and a sense of responsibility and commitment by everybody involved.

jenny2
12-16-2005, 09:23 AM
:confused3 I'm not stressing over it, and I'm going to give MaryPoppinsLives the benefit of the doubt. This is a crazy time of year, and sometimes life gets in the way. I know everyone spent time on this, but keep it in perspective - it's just a swap. I just hope she's OK.

Twigs
12-16-2005, 09:39 AM
I'm not stressing over it, and I'm going to give MaryPoppinsLives the benefit of the doubt. This is a crazy time of year, and sometimes life gets in the way. I know everyone spent time on this, but keep it in perspective - it's just a swap. I just hope she's OK.

I agree. I hope her mother hasn't been sick again. I remember something about her living far away and needing a lot of care.

PigletsPal
12-16-2005, 10:13 AM
This is the second swap I've been in on this board in the past few months that has had problems. I won't be joining another one. I also hope very much that something hasn't happen. Just wished she would let us know and if it has I'm sure we all would be OK with waiting, but it's the "not communicating" that has me so upset!!!
This was a christmas gift and it was the only reason I join was to give it to a frined. Now it's only 10 days til christmas. Guess I better get my backside off to the mall now to fine another gift...........NOT HAPPY!!

havencruiser
12-16-2005, 11:07 AM
I agree, Piglet. Time to go shopping. :wave2: :wave2: :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

pattyT
12-16-2005, 02:55 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/cold/9.gif

man its sooo cold around hre lately.....

quess I better get of the computer and go do the cheer stuff as that is obviously NOT getting forwarded either....

has anyone sent her a note via snail mail??

I don't think I have her snail mail anymore - I hope she is ok :confused3

cwnhokie
12-16-2005, 05:55 PM
I must have bad luck with swaps. This is only my second one. The first one, a card swap, I never got my cards. I suppose whoever did get them liked them because they were never returned to the hostess either. Now this one is not working out so well either. Oh well! I still have 3 scrapbooks to finish and 14 Tshirts to make. Merry Christmas everyone!

havencruiser
12-18-2005, 09:17 PM
Anybody hear anything about this yet?

jenny2
12-20-2005, 12:59 PM
Hoping for an update?

havencruiser
12-20-2005, 01:22 PM
I keep checking my mailbox but I guess it's like that watched pot that never boils!

jenny2
12-20-2005, 01:28 PM
I keep checking my mailbox but I guess it's like that watched pot that never boils!

::yes:: :rotfl:

havencruiser
12-20-2005, 02:29 PM
It's a case of "Page-napping". A recipe hijack!
Sharon

jenny2
12-20-2005, 03:15 PM
Well... I'd rather see a "your recipe pages are in the mail" post... but at least this is better than a bunch of "bumps", lol!

1disney25
12-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Hope I get my Priority Mail money back ;) I know it's just a swap, but I too was waiting on this and put time/effort into it, just like the rest of you did. Of course I hope everything is ok, and I know this time of year can get crazy, but then she should have let Havencruiser finish it off like she was about to, then this would have been done a month ago....
Anyway, hope you all are getting your shopping done. Just a few more days!!
Happy Holidays!!

VistaLeigh'smommy
12-20-2005, 06:35 PM
Yeah, this has been a bummer... hopefully everyone is okay...

piratesmate
12-22-2005, 05:07 PM
Bumping - because hope springs eternal. :confused3

1disney25
12-22-2005, 05:46 PM
stupid question: what does bumping mean on this site??

piratesmate
12-22-2005, 07:42 PM
It just means that we're posting something to "bump" the thread back to the top rather than let the thread "die a slow & painful death" or just fade into oblivion. ;)

1disney25
12-22-2005, 07:47 PM
ahh, i see, thanks!

VistaLeigh'smommy
12-26-2005, 06:57 PM
bump.... for what it's worth

bubbasmom99
12-27-2005, 01:54 AM
Hi ladies,
MaryPoppinsLives is in one of my swaps as well and has not been heard from. I read on another Yahoo group that she may be having major issues at home -- I have contacted the moderator there to see if I can get her phone# or get a message passed along for her to contact me... I will let you know if I hear anything.

Twigs
12-27-2005, 09:22 AM
Thanks, Joy.

PigletsPal
12-27-2005, 04:48 PM
Hope you hear something soon Joy.

GrayFal
12-27-2005, 08:53 PM
This whole situation is REALLY gettin' old! :confused3 :badpc: :sad2:

havencruiser
01-03-2006, 08:56 AM
Hmmmm...I was *sure* that Santa would bring me my Christmas Recipe pages but when I got back from my Disney Magic Christmas cruise and checked my presents that Santa and my mailman had delivered while I was gone, they weren't there :-( Poor me! I wasn't able to check the mail often while I was on the cruise and at the parks but did anybody hear anything yet???

bubbasmom99
01-03-2006, 07:09 PM
I never heard anything:( I'm sooo sorry for you guys. That sucks to have your stuff held and not know what's going on.

1disney25
01-08-2006, 02:48 PM
So I guess this swap is a lost cause?? :confused3
Sorry guys that this didn't turn out like we had hoped.
Annoying though that we put our time into this....
Happy 2006!! :sunny:

havencruiser
01-08-2006, 03:14 PM
Wrong post

kaylajr
01-12-2006, 10:59 AM
I talked to Sherry today
Check out the thread I started on the subject