PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have "Favorite Servers" on the Wonder ???

PURTYPAT1
09-28-2005, 12:25 PM
Just Wondering Who Was your "ALL Time Favorite Server" on the Wonder & why were they your favorite? :sunny:

RetroJulie
09-28-2005, 01:21 PM
Granted we've only been on one cruise so far, but we really liked Alun from Scotland. He was a great guy! If we ever travel the Wonder again (next year we're on the Magic), we're definitely going to request him again. He was always pleasant and joked around with you as though you had been bud's for years. :goodvibes

Laurarn
09-28-2005, 02:41 PM
We just sailed the Wonder last week and had Vijay and Ramon. Awesome servers!!! :cool1:

tink9285
09-28-2005, 08:06 PM
we had ramon too was awesome....

kaceyisme
09-28-2005, 08:58 PM
We had Putu and Willem and they were wonderful!

ROEDISNEY
09-28-2005, 09:28 PM
On our 8/17/2003 Wonder Cruise we had Darko,Nelson & Wirea.They were Great!
On our 8/17/2005 Wonder Cruise we had Roy,Anna & I can't remember his name it began with an R.
They were also great. And we met up with Nelson from our 1st Cruise and now he is a head server.
I would probably ask for Roy & Anna again.

:earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgir

Corryn
09-28-2005, 09:55 PM
We had Laszlo & Noemi. They are both from Hungary. The kids loved Laszlo, boys and girls....The girls thought Laszlo was "cute" :love: and the boys thought he was cool :smooth: . Noemi was VERY eager to please! I ordered a strawberry daquiri and I asked for it with whipped cream.....When she came back (a little longer than I would have expected), I said to her, kidding around, wow, did you go to the other side of the ship for this? She said, yes, we have no whipped cream in the restaurant, so I had to go to (where ever it was) downstairs. :Pinkbounc !!!!! Of course, I told her that she didn't have to do that, she could have told me they didn't have it, but she said, well, now I'll have it for you every night with dinner..... Now THAT'S SERVICE!!! Of course, we tipped them very well.
That was in April and they had both just returned to serve a new contract, so I'm sure they'll still be there. They both said they loved working on the Wonder versus the Magic because they have different customers more often (which obviously means More Tips! :cool1: )
:earseek:

Hanover
09-28-2005, 10:06 PM
We had Victor and Dimitri. Victor was great. Dimitri was nice, but a bit odd.

TinkerBellMom
09-29-2005, 01:37 AM
Dalibar from Croatia in Palo is the most excellent server that I have ever had in 6 DCL sailings. I heard that he left for a time and now he is back! I would sail the Wonder just to see him. :love: ( Last I knew he was still single!) He was on the Magic at one time~when I met him. VERY nice guy. Very experienced server. Wonderful accent....

He is very popular in Palo. Wish he would re-join the Magic!!

TinkerBellMom

ChrizJen
09-29-2005, 10:32 AM
My new favorite server is Aleksander from Croatia!!! :goodvibes

He was our server last week on the Magic (I know, not the Wonder, but I just had to mention him!), and he was GREAT!!!! :teeth:

He did a wonderful job of making all of us feel welcome, and he was just charming and helpful and GREAT!!!!

And when we were in Cozumel, we saw him off-duty on his way back to the ship from having lunch, and he helped us find a shop we were looking for!! Now that's above and beyond!!!

-Christal

deeron51
09-29-2005, 12:07 PM
On the 8/28 cruise we had Mario from Croatia who was assited by Kerry from Canada. They were awesome!

F1Julie
09-29-2005, 02:26 PM
Jacqui from Jamaica and George from the Phillipines were great. My DD had so much fun with them.

Sue (mom of 3 boys!)
09-30-2005, 08:15 AM
We had Agus (sp?) and Tatiana. They were terrific!!

Petenboo04
09-30-2005, 09:34 AM
We had Agung and Ana, they were awesome, we will definitely be requesting them on the May 28, 2006 trip. :flower:

Timmbco
09-30-2005, 09:51 AM
We liked Agung and we loved Chintana!!! June 05 :flower:

wheelerkidz3
09-30-2005, 09:20 PM
We sailed in jan 2005, and had agung and sabrina. Prakash was our head server. They were all very good and really interacted with the kids nicely. We had a 20 month old at the time, and sabrina always made sure to get the baby's silverware away from the table before we came in. We didn't mind letting him play with a spoon, but she was very cautious, and took all his flatware away at each meal!! We hope to see them again in oct 06.
shannon

PURTYPAT1
10-13-2005, 08:58 PM
Any Other Wonder Favorite Servers?

Petenboo04
10-13-2005, 10:54 PM
I really thought you would have had more responses to this thread. We are booked for May 28, 2006 and will definitely be requested Agung and Ana. The countdown is on. :hourglass Hope you get some more respones.

Rena75
10-14-2005, 12:53 AM
Any Other Wonder Favorite Servers?

Our server, Gede, was a sweetheart, although he was hard to understand at times! He did a great trick with the dinner forks at the end of the last dinner that everyone at the table got a kick out of.

My daughter fell in major lust with Michael from South Africa (she's 20, so no worries!). He was an entertainer with the shows and helped with different activities. If she could have, she would have taken him home in her luggage! :love:

tam012864
10-14-2005, 05:06 AM
We had JoJo and Evandro---they were "WONDER"FUL....they made my son feel so special every night--they definately went beyond the normal!!!!

kbkids
10-14-2005, 06:46 AM
We had Dario from Croatia and Ria from South Africa. They were both great!!

Gupsmom
10-14-2005, 07:45 AM
We had Laszlo & Noemi. They are both from Hungary. The kids loved Laszlo, boys and girls....The girls thought Laszlo was "cute" :love: and the boys thought he was cool :smooth:

Heck with the kids...I Loved Laszlo. One look at him on CC with his sunglasses and I told my DH that I wanted him as my souvenier....lol.

Honestly, he was awesome. Way back then he was an assistant server. He worked with Richard from Chile. Together, they were amazing.

Jess

UGAFan0829
10-14-2005, 08:10 AM
We've only sailed once as well, but we had Christian from Chile and Bang-Bang from South Africa, and they were wonderful. Both of them were a lot of fun, especially Bang-Bang! I hope to see them again when we cruise again in Jan.!

3mickeys&me
10-14-2005, 10:36 AM
Agus and Anna May 2005:cool1: They were awesome!!

keef22
10-14-2005, 10:46 AM
We're leaving in a week for our first cruise... :cool1:

How do we request servers? Do we just ask when we board, or should I call the folks at reservations? My wife's parents are from Hungary and I'm sure she'd be interested to speak with Laszlo and Noemi.

Anxiously anticipating. Almost can't stand the wait! :hyper:

bbowers
10-14-2005, 10:53 AM
Danijel from Croatia (but his wife is expecting now, so he is home), Fortune from India, Cecelia and Marcello from Brazil (they are both in Palos).

gracia98
10-14-2005, 11:21 AM
We were on 10/2 Wonder and we had Christian and Juan (assistant). Both were super super nice and sweet. We were their small table (4) and I think they were really really swamped with their big table, but that was fine. We were busy trying to keep DD2 and DD4 contained in their seats.

At Palo, we had Joost and he was awesome and I would totally recommend him!

Stefanie

KarenP99
10-14-2005, 11:32 AM
On the 9/25 Wonder we had Ardi from Indonesia and Ana from Peru
They were both great!

kehouse
10-14-2005, 03:37 PM
we were on the wonder oct2-6, we loved ean(india) and wayan. sure miss that service at home.lol.

mc'smommy
10-14-2005, 03:56 PM
Danijel from Croatia (but his wife is expecting now, so he is home), Fortune from India, Cecelia and Marcello from Brazil (they are both in Palos).

WE had Danjiel on our Sept 8th cruise and he left the ship with us. He served us breakfast and then walked out through customs with my DD and niece... .. He had already been cleared in the morning.... and he sounded so excited about going home to his wife who was due sometine in OCt. I( I can't remember when ) but said he would be back on the wonder in four months...

Awesome service... It was so great compared to last yr, when we had Jacquie form Jamaica, she was not so friendly... LOL

Tink
10-14-2005, 07:36 PM
We had Erick and Adam and they were awesome. Erik did magic tricks for the kids and Adam know what we liked to drink and had it ready the moment we sat down.

Ariel&Flounder'sMom
10-14-2005, 07:43 PM
Beatta (sp?) on the Wonder was incredible! She was so much fun. She's in Palo now, does that mean they are in Palo the whole time? We saw her the next morning serving breakfast at Topsiders, and she was so geniune.

She had so much cruise line experience, and you could tell. She treated you as if you the most important people she had ever waited on, and she clued me in to my now favorite wine!

redmomof4
10-14-2005, 11:02 PM
We had Levi from Romania, his wife Agnes is in Palo, we met her while we were there. His assistant was Kecha from China I think and we had a trainee named Edward from Equador. They were all great, Levi did magic tricks and even "plugo" katsup, the other guys couldn't do pluto, Edward couldn't even do Mickey, but he tried and I'm sure he'll learn. They were a lot of fun, remembered what my kids drank (choc milk) and what drinks dh and I ordered. Cecelia in Palo was spectacular also. I can't wait to be back!!!! Waiting for '07 rates to figure out when.

daipp
10-15-2005, 05:47 AM
We had Zoran and Undermsak in February on the Wonder and we think they were good. When we sail on 15-Dec-05 providing Zoran still works on the Wonder, we will ask for him again.

David

Nette
10-16-2005, 08:16 AM
We had Levi from Romania, his wife Agnes is in Palo, we met her while we were there. His assistant was Kecha from China I think and we had a trainee named Edward from Equador. They were all great, Levi did magic tricks and even "plugo" katsup, the other guys couldn't do pluto, Edward couldn't even do Mickey, but he tried and I'm sure he'll learn. They were a lot of fun, remembered what my kids drank (choc milk) and what drinks dh and I ordered. Cecelia in Palo was spectacular also. I can't wait to be back!!!! Waiting for '07 rates to figure out when.

Agreed... we shared the table w/ redmomof4 and her crew... Levi often would play with my daughter in order to get her to eat some vegetables. :)

They were all great!

King'sLady
10-16-2005, 10:05 PM
We just got back (today) from the Wonder and we had Gurkun from Turkey and Carlos from Peru. They were absolutely great. Gurkun performed magic tricks each night for the kids and cut up with them. He was warm and friendly to the adults as well and seemed to absolutely love his job.
We had Agnes (mentioned in an earlier post) as our server in Palo and she was super. She told us that she had trained under Gurkun and said that he was a great guy. We asked her if the "goal" of the servers was to be in Palo and she said that it was for many of them but she said that some servers like Gurkun and her husband Levi actually prefer the families and children in the regular dining rooms and choose to stay even when they have been offered positions in Palo and elsewhere.
I know that even when my son spilled his drink (twice!) one evening Gurkun and Carlos took it all in stride and made him feel much better.
I miss 'em already! I was actually sad when we said goodbye this morning at breakfast!

nycmom
10-16-2005, 10:13 PM
Adina at Palo (Romania) and Carmen, our drinks person (asst. server?) from South Africa at our regular restaurants.

Just really, really nice people...and Adina couldn't do enough for us.

Also, our steward onboard (forgot his name, but we gave him a really big tip)...the guy who comes and tidies the room...I wanted to take him back to NY with us...I have NEVER had a housekeeper as good as he was. I came back one time and he had washed out all of our souvenier drink glasses for us! And we had like 6 filled with leftover yucky stuff! He was incredible and really went above and beyond.

nycmom
10-16-2005, 10:16 PM
Oh, and Morgan from Sweden (guy) who was in the gift shop (not sure what he did.) SOOO SWEET!

nycmom
10-16-2005, 10:18 PM
Oh, we had Levi!!!

But our dining schedule was so messed up because of the lost luggage...we never had the same staff.

redmomof4
10-16-2005, 10:23 PM
that stinks about your schedule being screwed up. levi was just great. He and Agnes should be headed home soon. I thought it was in 2 weeks, or was it 2 months, hmmmm :confused3

CaribGirl
10-17-2005, 08:26 AM
We also had Vijay and Ramon in the dining rooms. Wonderful service. Had a bunch of kids and they entertained with paper art, ketchup art, and anything else they could think of. I really missed them when I had to serve dinner at home!!!
And then in our stateroom we had Nerissa. Now I would have packed her in my lugagge if I could. Everytime we left the room, she would tidy up for us. And she knew the kids were looking forward to the towel art, so she made it special every night by making a couple and putting them in different places in the cabins. The kids made a game out of it. Needless to say I have about 25 pictures just of towel animals!!! (Some are the same!!!)
Beatta in Palo's, great service.
Oh how I miss their service....

auntie k
10-17-2005, 10:20 AM
Oct 9th, We had Ivalena from Bulgaria and Dee from Thailand. They were both wonderful! I wanted to bring Dee home with me...she was just precious!!!

ImMarcik
11-16-2005, 11:36 AM
Since I'm sailing soon I wanted to bump this up for anyone who just sailed who had a favorite server.

miatamel
11-17-2005, 09:13 PM
Just got off this morning and we had Dee from Thailand and Irene from Uganda. They were fine, but I wasn't ecstatic about them. I guess maybe I was expecting too much after reading such raves about the servers here. Seems like these two weren't yet quite sure of themselves and sometimes their service was slow and chaotic.
However, one morning at PC we had an elderly gentleman from Bulgaria named Valentin. He was unbelievable!! Such a refined gentleman--felt like I had my own butler. he wasn't all about just kissing babies and doing tricks, he was a real waiter and the service, timing, and attitude were impeccable. I made sure I made mention of him on my comment card. I hope he gets a promotion--he really should be in charge of something somewhere. I can't say enough about how good he was.

George_Banks
11-18-2005, 06:45 AM
Putu from Indonesia was AMAZING. We gave him a huge tip. We looked forward to having dinner just because he was our server. A great guy.

WDWRC
11-18-2005, 07:57 AM
I just got off the Wonder yesterday and I had Hernan and Chatcai!!! They were awesome! For Palo we had Jason and he was fantastic!

Tracy

pacercolt
11-18-2005, 09:09 AM
We had alot of fun with Donavan from Jamaica and Branel from India.

VWLMember
11-18-2005, 09:37 AM
On the Oct.28 Wonder we had Roy and Rewat who were excellent servers with great personalities. Highly recommended! ::MickeyMo

Paticake
11-18-2005, 01:15 PM
We also had Donovan and Branel last week. We enjoyed them very much! We had Beatta in Palo for Dinner and Brunch. She brought us so many extra things, several desserts,extra appetizer and entree. Service was excellent with all of them.

ImMarcik
11-28-2005, 07:19 AM
At Palo, we had Joost and he was awesome and I would totally recommend him!

Stefanie

We just got off the Wonder yesterday. We had Joost for brunch and dinner on our anniversary and he made sure it was magical. He was awesome.

MN Dis Fans
11-28-2005, 09:34 PM
Our favorite was Herman - personality plus!

taeja71
03-01-2006, 07:31 AM
bumping :teleport:

Are there any new favorites since 2004? :listen:

mattmommy
03-01-2006, 10:37 AM
Our first cruise we had two wonderful guys (can't remember their names, but they were great). Second time we had Gemmy and ... (sorry, can't remember). Our room stewards were phenominal. Spoiled us for any room. I love going in to use the bathroom and having the towels straightened again within 1/2 hour. Our last trip to Palo was very disappointing. We were a party of 8. Our server never asked us what we wanted to drink and went right to a dinner order. She said she thought we didn't want drinks. What was the chance of 8 people not wanting at the very least water? Everything was slow. Ask for anything extra (like butter) and it took at least 10 minutes. Food was great, but service bit the big one. Funny thing is that friends went on the cruise right after us and got stuck with the same horrible server.

BethA
03-03-2006, 07:59 AM
Does anyone know if Gabby from India is still on the Wonder?

sandym
03-03-2006, 08:06 AM
Adina at Palo (Romania) and Carmen, our drinks person (asst. server?) from South Africa at our regular restaurants.

Just really, really nice people...and Adina couldn't do enough for us.

Also, our steward onboard (forgot his name, but we gave him a really big tip)...the guy who comes and tidies the room...I wanted to take him back to NY with us...I have NEVER had a housekeeper as good as he was. I came back one time and he had washed out all of our souvenier drink glasses for us! And we had like 6 filled with leftover yucky stuff! He was incredible and really went above and beyond.

We had Adina on the Magic in 2003 and were sad on our last Magic cruise this January to hear the the Wonder had stolen her away. We loved her!

ReggieB
03-03-2006, 08:50 AM
We had Diane (I think from Romania) and Linda from Sweden. Diane was a little frosty to start with, but she warmed up to us by the end! Linda, bless her, was lovely, she seemed terribly homesick. She hadn't been on-board for that long.

CRSNDSNY
03-03-2006, 08:53 AM
After four Disney Cruises we haven't had any really "stand-out-must-request-next-time" servers.

We've had some really terrible assistant servers, though.

Can we request to 'not' have a specific server? ;) JK

Indea88
03-03-2006, 03:07 PM
I was hoping there was a dont want list as well. I was so dissappointed with our servers on our first cruise. Hopefully it will be better next time!!! :Pinkbounc

Us2
03-03-2006, 03:27 PM
Got off yesterday, had Tino and Kecha. They were excellent. HOWEVER....we had Marcello in Palo and he is leaving on April 7th!! He was an excellent server and an all around nice guy. He is heading back to Argentina to hopefully start his own restaurant business. If you get to know some of the people that work the ship you realize how hard they are working for their dreams back home.

taeja71
03-03-2006, 07:30 PM
I may be entering flame territory here, but it seems like those who are really good leave the Wonder for the Magic. Or, is the Wonder training for the Magic? I hope that is not the case.

PLeeeaasseee tell me if there are excellent servers currently serving on the Wonder. :sad2:

HeatherSLP
03-04-2006, 09:47 PM
I can't remember for the life of me who our server was or if he was the asst. server. Anyway, he was great. He was very attentive to our daughter and when I got seasick on the last night, he brought my meal up to our room himself and asked my husband how I was doing. We sailed in June '04. I will try to find his name somewhere in our stuff.

chuck2534
03-05-2006, 06:39 PM
We had Kiat who didn't have all that great of a personality, but he made a few balloon animals when my DD was moping around which made her smile. We absolutly LOVED Julie from South Africa while we dineds in Palo.......she was AWESOME Hi Julie ! :wave:

belle26
03-05-2006, 07:46 PM
We had Marc from the Phillipines in November of 2004 on the Wonder and loved him! We had Putu on the Magic in August of 2006 and loved him (and Collin!) also. We enjoyed them both so much that we've requested them again on our upcoming cruises. :thumbsup2

ambushangel
03-05-2006, 07:52 PM
On the 8/28 cruise we had Mario from Croatia who was assited by Kerry from Canada. They were awesome!

I would love to know from some recent WONDER cruisers if Mario from Croatia was still on board. He was amazing. Knew what we wanted even before we sat down to dinner.

Hope that he's still there next week when we sail the Wonder again.

Thanks.

PURTYPAT1
03-06-2006, 08:39 AM
Chuck2544,

Quick questin for you, about your Palo server Julie.

We had Julie from South Africa in Nov 2005 as a assisant server. She was
new to the ship? Just wondering if this is the same Julie, did she have blonde hair? My DD loved her.

Thanks

Patricia

misseulalie
03-06-2006, 10:05 AM
Anyone know if Zoran from Bosnia is still on the Wonder? We requested him for our cruise in May.

chuck2534
03-06-2006, 10:12 AM
Chuck2544,

Quick questin for you, about your Palo server Julie.

We had Julie from South Africa in Nov 2005 as a assisant server. She was
new to the ship? Just wondering if this is the same Julie, did she have blonde hair? My DD loved her.

Thanks

Patricia

Yes, she does have blond hair and such a beautiful smile......my dw is a dental hyg, and kept commenting to me about how beautiful her teeth/smile were...... :teeth: we like her soooo much that we reccomended her to our friends who had her the following night and they loved her also :love:
Can't wait till next cruise in 2/07, hope she is still there!

Superslew
03-06-2006, 12:02 PM
We had Stoyan from Bulgaria on our cruise last month. A very nice and friendly guy who takes his job seriously. He's been with DCL from the beginning but unfortunately is leaving soon for a Head Server position at a high end golf course near Naples FLA.

Tiffann4k
03-06-2006, 12:59 PM
We have had Stoyan as our server for the past 10+ years. ( even when he was on premier cruise line) But like super said he has taken another job that he was really excited about. We will miss him dearly but know that he is happy with the decision he has made for himself and his family :)

daipp
03-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Anyone know if Zoran from Bosnia is still on the Wonder? We requested him for our cruise in May.

We had Zoran on our Feb 05 cruise and we thought he was great but he wasn't on the Decembar cruise and all the servers we asked hadn't heard of him!!!

David

cuff10126
03-07-2006, 03:52 PM
We just finished our cruise on Sunday March 5. We had Dhana (India) and Joe (Brazil). Dhana was a real sweetheart. She's been with DCL for 4 years. She was great with our dd

woogal
03-18-2006, 01:11 PM
ALUN GWYNNE from Scotland was the ULTIMATE crew member! So much fun ... great with all ages (we were 12 in our group from 7 to 70) ... he became an extended part of our family. If Alun did not get promoted after all the positive comments I gave on all my surveys, I'd be surprised!

PrincessTToo
03-18-2006, 04:33 PM
Another vote for Adina from Romania who works at Palo. She was amazing. And she remembered us two days later when she was serving orange juice at the morning buffet line. (What a waste to have her working the buffet line!)

Another couple (from Germany) at our regular dining table also loved Adina especially when she tried so hard to speak German with them even though they spoke fluent English.

Also, if you like your servers, don't forget to mention them by name on your comment card. It really means a lot to them to get the feedback in writing.

kdsluvdisney
03-18-2006, 05:04 PM
We had ONeil from Jamaica and Savio was from India. We saw ONeil on the Disney Cruise Line show on the Travel channel. Savio did the ketchup art too. He knew what we wanted to drink when we walked in. Several times I asked if they heard me say I need.....because they anticipated so well. They kept saying, no, that's their jobs. We gave them their tips the night before and I had read that some of the waiters gave them the cold shoulder the next day -- not these 2! They were just as friendly if even more so the next day. Can't remember the head trainer guys name -- probably because I didn't care for him.

Dznyjenn
03-18-2006, 05:25 PM
We had Adam from Australia, and Benedict (a sweet dark-haired young lady..from..umm...France?) I am a very picky eater, and they were so gracious, teasing when appropriate and backing off quickly enough that I didn't get self-conscious about it. Would love my kiddos to meet them, but alas, we're taking a 7 day next month, and unless they've defected to the Magic, it just won't happen!