View Full Version : replacement birth cert.

09-28-2005, 11:47 AM
Does anyone know how to get a replacement birthcertificate for someone born in NY? My DH birth certificate is really strange looking, it definetly has a raised seal but really looks like a photocopy, I had a nightmare last night that he could not board with us so now I am worried. :scared:

09-28-2005, 12:57 PM
You can go to Vitalcheck.com (that is where DCL will advise you to go if you were to call). They are pretty quick to get it out to you. We used them a few years ago.

09-28-2005, 03:53 PM
Your best bet (and least expensive) is to do a search online for the vital statistics department in New York.


Contact them about getting a new copy of the birth certificate.

I caution you about using the online agencies that offer to expedite getting the certificate for you. They usually charge and arm and a leg to do this and it's really pretty simple to get yourself.

Sue Ellen

09-28-2005, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the info.