PDA

View Full Version : NEW PRODUCT - Xyron Personal Cutting System

Mom2Ashli
09-28-2005, 08:31 AM
I just saw this in Paper Crafts Magazine yesterday. Looks pretty cool and the price is allot less than Wishblade.
So I thought I would share my find.

http://www.xyron.com/products_list.php/sub_category_id/argval/13/?sess_id=defcd980c5f4b29d1aee82955143d898

piratesmate
09-28-2005, 08:43 AM
I couldn't get the link to work. :( I searched around on my own & think I found it. Is this it?

http://www.xyron.com/newsroom_press_detail.php/press_id/argval/39/?sess_id=2eb1a9f92642d696b5dca47d4f844fee

Mom2Ashli
09-28-2005, 08:49 AM
I couldn't get the link to work. :( I searched around on my own & think I found it. Is this it?

http://www.xyron.com/newsroom_press_detail.php/press_id/argval/39/?sess_id=2eb1a9f92642d696b5dca47d4f844fee

Yes that is it. Sorry about the link. I fixed it.

MaryPoppinsLives
09-28-2005, 11:03 AM
I did a two day scrap class this last weekend (SDU) and a rep from Xyron was also taking the class. He wanted to know more about scrapbooking. I asked him about the wishblade because it is so expensive and he told me about this new system. It looks really cool. he said the additional booklets will run about $40. alot cheaper than a new complete alphabet from Sizzix or Quikuts. He also said that it will be alphabet, shadow and numbers altogether in one book not like quikuts where you have to buy each separatly. The machine will come with an alphabet and shapes and will be MSRP of $199 but you should be able to get it for $120 with a 40% off or if it is on sale and that the machine will come with a carrying case.

BernardandMissBianca
09-28-2005, 12:01 PM
I'm confused! What is this and the wishblade? Are they like a die cut machine but you use computer software instead? Can you download, say disney, clipart and the machine will cut it for you? If so I got to have one of those! It beats cutting them all out by hand.

pjpoohbear
09-28-2005, 12:04 PM
I saw this, too! Love the idea. I haven't bought a die-cut machine system yet, so this might be the one. I like the cost on alphabets and shape booklets. Does anyone know who might be selling this in the retail stores? Or when they will be avaliable in stores? Living in Canada, having it shipped will not be practical at all, but driving down and bringing it back is ok.

Penny

Mom2Ashli
09-28-2005, 12:07 PM
The web-site say it will be available Late October. Nothing about the retail stores available as of yet.

MaryPoppinsLives
09-28-2005, 12:15 PM
The wishbalde is hooked up to the computer but I am not sure if you can download clip art to it. In seeing it work on SAH network my quess would be no. You can freehand draw shapes with the wishblade. You use their fonts and shapes and can resize them up to 8inchs. Cost is over $500.

The new machine is a portable cutter that has books similar to the leap pad. You inset the book into what looks like a small printer and chose the letter or shape you would like and what size, (my understanding is that you can select 1, 2 or 3 inch)to cut out. You place a piece of 4in square paper into the machine and it cuts out whatever it is that you selected. I was told that if you select (4) 1 inch letters that the machine will cut them out of one 4 inch square, not clear if the same holds for 2 two inch pieces.

I was thinking of getting a quikuts but after hearing about this I am going to hold off and see how well it works and how many different fonts there are as it a lot less money and you can resize which you can not do with quikuts or sizzix.

Hope this helps

piratesmate
09-28-2005, 12:16 PM
I'm confused! What is this and the wishblade? Are they like a die cut machine but you use computer software instead? Can you download, say disney, clipart and the machine will cut it for you? If so I got to have one of those! It beats cutting them all out by hand.

From what I read this morning, Xyron bought out Wishblade. The Xyron cutter looks like it will only cut alphas & shapes you buy from them in "books" - at least so far. The Wishblade cutter (I've heard) can be used with any alpha or shape, but I'm not sure if you need to buy something extra or what.

They're both sort of like a printer that you connect to your computer - except that instead of printing, it cuts out the shapes. ETA: It looks like I read that wrong. I think Carrie is right - the new Xyron one looks like it is "stand alone" since it says "computer-on-board technology". Sorry about that.

Heather31 has the Wishblade & has posted some of her LOs where she used it to cut things. Check this thread - post #13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=914794

wtpclc
09-28-2005, 12:18 PM
It looks like the Xyron PCS does not hook up to your pc and you must but their fonts/shapes. A great lower cost option, but not as flexible.

With the Wishblade, you can import clip art, use any font that you can print from Word, or even make your own designs in any program that will output a wmf file.

The Wishblade has come down in price a lot, though if you have not checked into it recently.

BernardandMissBianca
09-28-2005, 05:17 PM
They sound interesting. It does seem like over all they would take up less space than the die cuts, however I so far have only purchased alphabets for Sizzix so I'm not using to much space up now. I guess I need to do some more research. I'm working on my xmas wish list. :)